What's new

A new species of seedless mango makes its way to Islamabad's Mango Festival

You can find the odd box of Pakistani mangoes in DC and NYC from time to time if you are lucky.

Buddy, I am almost in the 'Deliverance' land. But if/when in those places I will check out Pakistani mangoes.

Buddy, I am almost in the 'Deliverance' land. But if/when in those places I will check out Pakistani mangoes.

Call ahead. Some may even ship out a box or two, but the price goes up.

Got some chounsa mangoes as a gift.

Although I prefer sindhri and anwar ratol, this chounsa was good too (The bigger one is sindhri)
IMG-20190729-WA0005.jpg

IMG_20190730_191947.jpg

@VCheng

Told ya, I was going to get from Walmart. Heard 'mango, mango, mango' so many times in this forum lately and so couldn't resist. So here... 88 cents/mango. Maybe from South America or God knows where. But I will eat them anyway. Sigh!

upload_2019-7-30_14-59-32.png

I will definitely buy even at a higher price if the taste is similar to Chaunsa/ Langra/ Sindhri/ Dasehri/Anwar Retol..

If it tastes like Fajri.. sorry eat that Mango yourself.. Thank you.. not interested..
I have a feeling it taste like laal badsha

@VCheng

Told ya, I was going to get from Walmart. Heard 'mango, mango, mango' so many times in this forum lately and so couldn't resist. So here... 88 cents/mango. Maybe from South America or God knows where. But I will eat them anyway. Sigh!

View attachment 571655

These are mere excuses for a real mango, but will make decent milkshakes and that is about it. I can identify with your desperation my friend. I might go to Toronto for my annual fix soon.

Who like.me always cut mangoes and eat it with spoon rather then our usual method of eating mangoes?

Here, beat these teeth! ;)
PS. I am seriously going to buy the taste-less mangoes from a local Walmart in next few days. PDF has psyched me into that undesirable act come what way!

View attachment 571579
Keep them out of the refrigerator for a few days and let them ripen up before cutting into it. That what I have been doing to walmart mangoes.

Such blasphemy. I don't go anywhere near those abhorrent Mexican/Filipino mangoes.
Here, beat these teeth! ;)
PS. I am seriously going to buy the taste-less mangoes from a local Walmart in next few days. PDF has psyched me into that undesirable act come what way!

View attachment 571579

Aam khane ka sahi tareeka

Only marginally improves them. I've found that the general concept of magoes in the Americas is that of a tropical fruit and they think it is supposed to sour or mildly sweet at best.
Keep them out of the refrigerator for a few days and let them ripen up before cutting into it. That what I have been doing to walmart mangoes.

@VCheng

View attachment 571655

I get the same mango brand but we got no Wal Mart where I live

Such blasphemy. I don't go anywhere near those abhorrent Mexican/Filipino mangoes.

Aam khane ka sahi tareeka

Only marginally improves them. I've found that the general concept of magoes in the Americas is that of a tropical fruit and they think it is supposed to sour or mildly sweet at best.

The Pakistani mangoes exported to the states suck

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom