What's new

A NEW AIRCRAFT FOR PAF

When J-31 is available, go for it & forget J20. Pakistan should bring Turkish brothers in J-31 program for JV.

When J-31 is available, go for it & forget J20. Pakistan should bring Turkish brothers in J-31 program for JV.
bro i think 2022-2025 time-frame, J-20 is not for export banned by China, that not possible they are running similar project named TFX which will be mass produce 2028-2030 time-frame

The fanboys used to claim that we are going to have 150 JF-17s by 2016. Actually, we have only half of that figure. Therefore, we have a long way to go regarding JF-17 so it implies that no new fighter is coming in the next 8-10 years.

Once the Mirage 3, 5 and F-7 junk is replaced, the PAF can then look at other options.

The PAF only needs to concentrate on the JF-17 including its entire supply chain. You can't think of high end products when your home is littered with Mirage 3, 5 and F-7 junk. Replace this junk with JF-17 before thinking of anything else.

A top-end 4.5th generation fighter and a 5th generation fighter is a pipe dream for at least a decade. We can only seriously start thinking about a high tech platform by 2025.

Parity with India doesn't really matter in the presence of Mutually Assured Destruction. At most, there could be border skirmishes for which we don't need top-end fighters.

We need AF to deter any limited scale strikes as nukes can't be used without any full scale war. We should not be India centric only we have now vulnerable borders on three sides i.e Iran, Afghanistan and off course India only exception is China.

We need AF to deter any limited scale strikes as nukes can't be used without any full scale war. We should not be India centric only we have now vulnerable borders on three sides i.e Iran, Afghanistan and off course India only exception is China.
May be but not before the junk is replaced. Our limited resources will eventually prioritise replacement over any top-end fighter induction.

The fanboys used to claim that we are going to have 150 JF-17s by 2016. Actually, we have only half of that figure. Therefore, we have a long way to go regarding JF-17 so it implies that no new fighter is coming in the next 8-10 years.

Once the Mirage 3, 5 and F-7 junk is replaced, the PAF can then look at other options.
Pakistan should increase the JF17 block 2 production to a figure of 40 aircrafts per annum.

Pakistan should increase the JF17 block 2 production to a figure of 40 aircrafts per annum.
Bhai soch samajh kar bolo :-) . Guys in PAC spend overtimes. They are working extremely hard . Producing even 16 units per year is direct result of their day night hardwork. They are simply dedicated to their work and only aim of providing PAF good jets. 25 rate can be achieved i guess but that too with lots of problems.

to reach that number , they need another assembly plant for JF .. in existing space at KAMRA i doubt 25 can be rolled out in a year ..
No i dunno myself about 25 but i am quoting older quwa articles plus off course 25 rate cant be achieved now. I guess once major orders are expected ,another assembly lines could be considered to fulfill orders. Just imagine if KSA chooses to replace its aging fleet of 110 F-5/F-4 with Block 3 and dual seaters , that would be just soo awesome

Producing jets requires $$$ which is not unlimited amount 1 sqn of 16-18 jets Jf assuming PAC cost of 20 million equals 360 million a year and it's not paf there is pa and pn plus other expense, keep in mind previous orders were all borrowed money , as I always say start paying taxes and improve. Collection from current single digit to double digit then pak can afford paying for big ticket item themselves ;)

Back
Top Bottom