What's new

A NEW AIRCRAFT FOR PAF

I don't want to upset you guys

Pakistan could not scrape 600million dollars to buy 8 brand new block 52.s from USA when they stopped Grant aid last week.

Even the block 52 that paf have and the mlu programme has been partly funded by USA aid in pretext of wot support by USA.

Typhoons where designed to smash flankets over NATO skies.Brilliant brilliant war plane.

I would be astonished if Pakistan found the resources to buy this amazing fighters.

Your neighbour is struggling to find enough money to buy 36 rafales.

And may end up buying much cheaper block v f16 from USA at half price of rafale .

If you need to check mate the flankefs mki then typhoons are the dream.ticket.

Let's hope this thread is not another like the hundreds of others opened monthly on pak New fighters orders

My Guess is EF 2000
OP says 40 new aircraft. Your guess is EF 2000? Let's do the math.

Each EF costs $100 million or Rs 1000 crores PKR. 40 would cost you $4 billion or Rs 40,000 crores! Add to that infrastructure and weapons. Add another Rs10,000 crores. Total - Rs 50,000 crores! That's a lot of dosh! Will you be able to afford them? :azn: It's slightly less than your entire defence budget!

Now add to that the operating costs for Eurofighters that do fly have gone up to an average of $30,000 per flying hour. And that's one of the reasons why the IAF rejected them!

Last edited:
I think it is LCA Tejas. This will not only provide PAF with a capable platform but also foster good relations with India. I have also heard that PAF and IAF are planning on working closely on 5th Gen fighters after successful conclusion of this deal.

The bad news in all this, for France, is that IAF in a reciprocal agreement has placed an order for 160 JF-17 Block 6 which are slated to be atleast 80% the performance of Rafale.

Chalo, good news for both countries.

P.S. This has also paved the way for both India and Pakistan's inclusion in the NSG. This will be concluded in the next NSG meeting.

OP says 40 new aircraft. Your guess is EF 2000? Let's do the math.

Each EF costs $100 million or Rs 1000 crores PKR. 40 would cost you $4 billion or Rs 40,000 crores! Add to that infrastructure and weapons. Add another Rs10,000 crores. Total - Rs 50,000 crores! That's a lot of dosh! Will you be able to afford them? :azn: It's slightly less than your entire defence budget!

Lets do the math again

Pakistan's Defence Procurement budget for 2016-17 is $5.5 Billion and $900 Million by US Coalition Support Fund (CSF) for Pakistan and the Congress Rejected the amendment to cut the CSF to $700 Million just a day ago.

40 Jets will Cost $6-7 Billion even if $100 Million per Plane these 40 planes will not come in a day but will take Few years to add up even if we Spare $1.5 Billion Every Year from the Procurement budget it'll take like 4-5 years to pay for these aircraft

No, No Chinese aircraft.
Chinese role in PAF is limited to Jf17 & AWACS now.

Look at Corolla of 80, and look at Corolla of now.
Entirely new car.
Same is Case of F16.

Well the person OP is quoting he didnt mention any where that no Chinese aircraft.

This literally got me up. Excellent counter argument i have seen so far against hype of Russo-India nexus.

Vietnam is long standing ally of Russia... back 1950s to now... don't forget they have long relation with Vietnam... china moved closer to Russia afterwards... the point beside larger economic relationship with china.. Russians didn't ditched Vietnam....

Warning 're russian fighters are very robust and some key aspects better than western fighters mainly agility twr load and range. And half the price.

But very maintenance intensive and half the flying hours life times .

Pakistanis are beginning to see this in their thunders already with a Labour intensive engine's.

The USA fighters now have massive sanctions threat USA is literally a ally of India ..so that's making relying on USA very dangerous in future for Pakistan.

This leaves Europe. Or China

Europe you need to have massive pockets as India is finding out now with rafale..

Back to China I guess more thunders with chinease engine and possibly vanguards

The Comment which I copied from a person in late 2015 also stated as same info

Untitle2d.png

Lets do the math again

Pakistan's Defence Procurement budget for 2016-17 is $5.5 Billion and $900 Million by US Coalition Support Fund (CSF) for Pakistan and the Congress Rejected the amendment to cut the CSF to $700 Million just a day ago.

40 Jets will Cost $6-7 Billion even if $100 Million per Plane these 40 planes will not come in a day but will take Few years to add up even if we Spare $1.5 Billion Every Year from the Procurement budget it'll take like 4-5 years to pay for these aircraft
If that's the case why don't you go buy the EF 2000? What's stopping you if you say you can afford it?

Negotiations take time sir g :D take an Example of Rafales :D

That was for PAF :D
Agreed bhai but the EF was never in contention in Pakistan. It was one of the more affordable Chinese aircraft like the J-11 or the J-31 for which you don't require to go through all the hellish procurement procedures. You need to just buy off the shelf! :-)

Back
Top Bottom