What's new

A mosque revered by Hindus : Religious harmony, Kerala Style ! :)

People change names.....or sometimes their followers give saints the name that has special meaning in the local dialect....Maybe ask a Keralite...

Also...Not sure why you're so surprised....You guys still have names that represent your Indian/Hindu past lineages such as Rana.....

IF he was given a hindu name by locals then well could be but its not common that a Muslim saint will adopt a hindu name.

as far as having titles like Rana, and so on well these are not names just titles to identify their tribe

If you dont, then why the hue and cry about Babri Masjid?

Because that was historical mosque which has been grabbed by hindus

as far as having titles like Rana, and so on well these are not names just titles to identify their tribe

Rana (Hindi,Urdu: رانا) is a family name, originally a Hindu ancestry now found in all religions such as Islam, Sikhism, Buddhism etc. Rana is a surname used by the Gurjars, Rajputs and a very few Jatts of India, Pakistan and Nepal. Most of the Ranas reside in Northern states like Rajasthan, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab.

Many Ranas in western Punjab region converted to Islam and they primarily reside in Punjab, Pakistan.

Because that was historical mosque which has been grabbed by hindus

So then Mosques are important...anyways...I didnt know where you were going with your previous comment

anyway my point is we dont worship mosques.

Neither do they, there is nothing but God, how can one worship a physical mosque or idol, when God dwells nowhere but in consciousness.

why the state is patronising it? tourism ?

Sorry, if it does not fit your agenda but since your thinking is from a non-secular Pakistani influence, it can be understood. So yeah.. no its not tourism, its been happening for ages and grows stronger with mutual respect.

Sorry, if it does not fit your agenda but since your thinking is from a non-secular Pakistani influence, it can be understood. So yeah.. no its not tourism, its been happening for ages and grows stronger with mutual respect.

the following is posted by an indian member
plz tell me what agenda he has?

It shows only one thing: Hindus are ritualistic and superstitious. The whole ayappa thing is a farce with active state involvement.

the following is posted by an indian member
plz tell me what agenda he has?

I was commenting on the ayappa phenomena in general and why the state is patronizing it. I think it is for tourism and money, politicians like money and power.
The hindu muslim love thing was already there, govt did not create it.

anyway my point is we dont worship mosques.

We dont worship temples either...we worship whats inside it....

The house of god....a place of worship....a place to pray....and a mosque is all the same...

Im not sure how a Mosque is different to Muslims than a temple to Hindus,.

I was commenting on the ayappa phenomena in general and why the state is patronizing it. I think it is for tourism and money, politicians like money and power.
The hindu muslim love thing was already there, govt did not create it.

:) i was asking the same when your indian member started claiming it was against my agenda lolzz

We dont worship temples either...we worship whats inside it....

The house of god....a place of worship....a place to pray....and a mosque is all the same...

Im not sure how a Mosque is different to Muslims than a temple to Hindus,.

in this case the mosque is being used for dance and worshiping the man

From there the dance procession advance to the Muslim mosque called 'Vavar palli' opposite to Kochambalam and the devotees worship 'Vavarswamy'.

Too often in India I notice certain Muslims worshipping or showing respect to idols, building monuments and shrines to Suffi saints. Some Muslims also conduct practices which are similar to Hindu practices and when I question them they respond that it is their age old traditions from their Hindu forbears which are carried into their current religion. I also see this in Africa in Muslims from the subcontinent. An example is the fact that they mourn for 40 (?) days whereas I think that the Islamic practice is that one should mourn for 3 (?) days after the death of a loved one. Not being judgemental. Just responding to the statement about "dirty uncovered peasants". Seems like that there no longer exists one brand of Islam. Hindu converts seem to be adopting the best of both worlds so those "dirty peasants" could very well be your Muslim brothers

Yes Muslims and Hindus lived together for many years so they adopted different cultural practices from each others which has nothing to do with Islam. For example concept of Mehndi and Jahiz(dowry) are against Islam but still some Muslims practices these things. There are also many Muslims(mostly uneducated ) who believe in some superstition exist in hindu culture. We respect saints but we don't worship them.

:laugh: she is an actress saints are not

I know that. What about the Indian sounding name "Veena" which is actually an instrument Godess Saraswathi plays. I'm curious how a Hindu sounding name is used in Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom