What's new

A Local Rescues & Accommodates 120 Stranded Tourists in Murree

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Idiot Pakistanis, All over the world, when it snows, people stay home, in Pakistan they run towards it, get stranded, killed and in the end blame the government for failing to plan for their stupidity. People who have not seen real cold, don't understand how painful, miserable, and quick is the onset of death from exposure to cold.

Pakistanis in general have this strange fascination to see the nature furry up close.

I remember growing up in Karachi, several times there were reports of hurricane hitting Karachi. Folks will gather on the beach with families to see up close as to "how hurricane looks like".

I dont know the circumstances here, but what I noticed that vehicles people are driving are completely inadequate for the conditions. Bloody Suzuki bolan in 3 feet snow on a hill station! Even 4*4 will struggle there. There should be strict monitoring by highway police and any vehicle which is not meant to be in these area should be stopped and returned.

Idiot Pakistanis, All over the world, when it snows, people stay home, in Pakistan they run towards it, get stranded, killed and in the end blame the government for failing to plan for their stupidity. People who have not seen real cold, don't understand how painful, miserable, and quick is the onset of death from exposure to cold.

With all due respect, IMHO you are being to harsh on these people. Most people are not constantly apprised of most situations around them, and delegate the responsibility of being informed to the authorities.

Roads could have been closed and people evacuated, but even then storms that dump feet of snow can come in a matter of hours.

I’ve have seen my share of blizzards, dug out of feet of snow and still had to drive to make my shift when I know the roads will be icy. Look at the storm this past week that stranded thousands in Virginia for a whole day including a US Senator. There is only so much in our control, which is not to say we should not be vigilant when we know a storm is coming.

I understand the sentiment to chastise, but for most people this is not something many if not most people in Pakistan are accustomed to dealing with.

Hopefully from this incident we will see better education on what to do during inclement weather, the dangers of Carbon Monoxide and the government taking more responsibility to warn people to stay away from dangerous weather.

Last edited:
No one can ever deal with Extreme elements of Nature, people need to take care and stay home. In the past, I have seen thousands of idiots in Karachi rush to the sea during warnings of a possible storm or even when an oil tanker got stuck and leaked oil and its toxic fumes could be felt stinging in your eye and throat, people were driving towards the beach to see this for themselves despite police warnings and road blocks. Generally, 99% of Pakistanis are absolute idiots, a burden on mother earth, waste of oxygen, living a miserable life in poverty but keep producing more brainlessly. Even animals breed less when there is a scarcity of food, but not Pakistanis, their lives revolve around those few inches of anatomy.

With all due respect, IMHO you are being to harsh on these people. Most people are not constantly apprised of most situations around them, and delegate the responsibility of being informed to the authorities.

Roads could have been closed and people evacuated, but even then storms that dump feet of snow can come in a matter of hours.

I’ve have seen my share of blizzards, dug out of feet of snow and still had to drive to make my shift when I know the roads will be icy. Look at the storm this past week that stranded thousands in Virginia for a whole day including a US Senator. There is only so much in our control, which is lot so say we should not be vigilant when we know a storm is coming.

I understand the sentiment to chastise, but for most people this is not something many of it most people in Pakistan are accustomed to dealing with.

Hopefully from this incident we will see better education on what to do during inclement weather, the dangers of Carbon Monoxide and the government taking more responsibility to warn people to stay away from dangerous weather.

No one can ever deal with Extreme elements of Nature, people need to take care and stay home. In the past, I have seen thousands of idiots in Karachi rush to the see during warnings of a possible storm or even when an oil tanker got stuck and leaked oil and its toxis=c fumes could be felt stinging in your eye and throat, people were driving towards the beach to see this for themselves. Generally, 99% of Pakistanis are absolute idiots, a burden on mother earth, waste of oxygen, living a miserable life in poverty but keep producing more brainlessly. Even animals breed less when there is a scarcity of food, but not Pakistanis, their lives revolve around those few inches of anatomy.
There will always people that are idiot thrill seekers. I guess natural selection will eventually catch up with them. In the States we call them “Florida Man”

But this is no thrill, pure stupidity, and brings shame to the country. It's unimaginable that so many people would die stranded on the roads in a city, not in a far-flung desolate place.

There will always people that are idiot thrill seekers. I guess natural selection will eventually catch up with them. In the States we call them “Florida Man”

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom