What's new

A lobby against Younus?

SSGPA1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
According to a respected sports journalist, Osman Samiuddin, there is a rumor about Punjabi lobby playing its part in the whole episode:

Now all kinds of things are flying around: the team's Punjab lobby has played its hand,

Stupidity of staggering proportions | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com

In today's article, Osman has again refered to a speculation about a group lead by Shoaib Malik trying to undermine Younus' authority:

speculation over the role of a lobby, led by Shoaib Malik

Younis resolution likely by Monday | Pakistan Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

If this is true then it is a shame.

Supporters of such mentality need to keep in mind that Inzi, Malik, Akram were all Punjabi captains and no one played any ethnic card against them so please grow up and stay away from this stupid approach.

I am not a Pushtoon but I support Yonus simply because he is the best choice right now.

Malik doesn't have a place in test team and he is not a proven player outside Asia.

On the other hand Younus has experience and has played well outside Asia.

Misbah has shot in the foot by playing with negative attitude and this happened when he lost the role of vice captain.

For the sake of Pakistan cricket, we need to drop Kamran Akmal, Afridi, Malik and Misbah from the test side and bring in players like Yasir Hameed, Umar Akmal, Fawad Alam and Asim Kamal.

This will solve the opening issue and give strength to the middle order as well.

In ODIs, we need to get rid of Misbah till he improves his form.

These changes will bring changes to the team atmosphere as well.

According to a respected sports journalist, Osman Samiuddin, there is a rumor about Punjabi lobby playing its part in the whole episode:

Now all kinds of things are flying around: the team's Punjab lobby has played its hand,

Stupidity of staggering proportions | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com

In today's article, Osman has again refered to a speculation about a group lead by Shoaib Malik trying to undermine Younus' authority:

speculation over the role of a lobby, led by Shoaib Malik

Younis resolution likely by Monday | Pakistan Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

If this is true then it is a shame.

Supporters of such mentality need to keep in mind that Inzi, Malik, Akram were all Punjabi captains and no one played any ethnic card against them so please grow up and stay away from this stupid approach.

I am not a Pushtoon but I support Yonus simply because he is the best choice right now.

Malik doesn't have a place in test team and he is not a proven player outside Asia.

On the other hand Younus has experience and has played well outside Asia.

Misbah has shot in the foot by playing with negative attitude and this happened when he lost the role of vice captain.

For the sake of Pakistan cricket, we need to drop Kamran Akmal, Afridi, Malik and Misbah from the test side and bring in players like Yasir Hameed, Umar Akmal, Fawad Alam and Asim Kamal.

This will solve the opening issue and give strength to the middle order as well.

In ODIs, we need to get rid of Misbah till he improves his form.

These changes will bring changes to the team atmosphere as well.

I think it is counter productive to give credence and disseminate such information. Whether it is true or not is irrelevant. If it is true, then it needs to be dealt with discretely. Publicizing it among people who have no authority in the matter just feeds the ethnic tensions and resentments.

Just to be clear, I am not a Punjabi. But I'm tired of people who define all the problems we're facing in ethnic terms. The truth is that we're all responsible for the state that Pakistan is in. Its just that Punjabis happen to the largest ethnic group. Every individual needs to take responsibility and stop blaming every one else.

Just to be clear, I am not a Punjabi. But I'm tired of people who define all the problems we're facing in ethnic terms. The truth is that we're all responsible for the state that Pakistan is in. Its just that Punjabis happen to the largest ethnic group. Every individual needs to take responsibility and stop blaming every one else.

I agree 100% but Osman Samiuddin is fairly reliable and the purpose of making it a public debate is to ensure that pressure is applied on the culprits, if any.

Majority of the board members are open minded and this is the best forum to discuss such issues without getting into an isulting debate.

Back
Top Bottom