What's new

A Light Sabre for the Third World: The FC-1 / JF-17

Very funny... The last edition of AFM is telling the opposite... There is a few pages interveiw with their ACM and it is said that they are looking at JF17. So how come someone wrote a few years ago that they skipped that and wanted J10 while at that moment the J10 was a nono to even Pakistan? :)

well munir it seems the problem as i have mentioned earlier!

BAF might have rejected JF17 for high end role, we are also not conducting it for this purpose! for high tech platform BAF may well be acquiring J10 and ultimately to replace the aeging F7 fleet, the JF17 is going to be ultimate choice!!
mig29,, i dont think so as it will be expensive and alos heavy budget spending on its maintainance will be a nightmare for BAF, they might have thought about it for competitor to J10 but J10 will be the obvious winner both on basis of technology and cost factor!

so the JF17 is still in the game :pakistan:

regards

a. LGB or TV (with mk82 or 83)
c. ordinary dumb bombs (mk82 or mk83)

Blue are test bombs
Under the wing are cluster bombs
There are no sd10 or bvr in the pic

what is the thing at the at the bottom of the pic sir? the ones placed on some sort of trolly in pair of two on each side of the plane! are these the cluster bombs? they seem more like some missile! anti ship i guess,,, :what:

JF-17_13.jpg

The 4 huge munitions on crates are anti-runway bombs. BLU-107 Durandals most likely. See them better here: http://www.raf-upper-heyford.org/20MMS/DF-ST-90-01987.jpg and http://www.raf-upper-heyford.org/20MMS/DF-ST-90-02045.jpg

All others have been identified above.

Last edited:
well as for the export articles, i was just going through my MS word documents and found some old articles!
i guess they are not posted earlier, atleast they are not at this thread as i have been with it since it stared!

i hope they are worth sharing, so here we go!!

JF17 for other countries
Nov 28/08:

Pakistani Ministry of Defence Production Secretary Shahid Siddiq Tirmizi iclaims that as many as 8 countries have shown interest in buying the JF-17 Thunder fighter. Azerbaijan, Sudan, and Zimbabwe are 3 countries that have been linked to export interest in the past. A Pakistan Defense article widens that potential field to include Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Malaysia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nigeria, and Sri Lanka.
The News International.

Eight countries express interest in JF-17
Saturday, November 29, 2008
By By Azeem Samar
Karachi

Ministry of Defence Production Secretary Shahid Siddiq Tirmizi informed journalists on Friday that as many as eight countries have shown interest in procuring newly launched JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft that was developed jointly by defence industries of Pakistan and China. The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has been using eight JF-17 fighters to complete trials and technical evaluation of the newly launched jet, he said. He said that once agreements for sale were reached, 800 or even more JF-17 fighters could be produced.

The Secretary Defence Production along with Minister for Defence Production Abdul Qayyum Jatoi, State Minister for Defence Production Sardar Salim Hyder Khan, and Director-General Defence Export Promotion Organisation (DEPO) Maj General Muhammad Farooq were speaking at a press conference at fifth and concluding day of International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS-2008) here at Karachi Expo Centre.

The official said that through IDEAS, Pakistani defence products were showcased to prospective international buyers, who showed a keen interest in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), air defence systems, tank simulators, and anti-tank guided missiles developed by Pakistan. He said that the negotiations held at IDEAS could lead to more joint ventures of Pakistan for defence production with international defence industries and friendly countries like Turkey, France, and Germany. According to him, various participating delegations, prospective buyers, and exhibitors had reached some 11 broad understandings for defence production and procuring arms and related equipment.

Tirmizi said that from 2006 to 2008 Pakistan had exported defence products worth $400 million and this figure is bound to increase after IDEAS-2008.

Minister for Defence Production Qayyum Jatoi responded to a question about Pakistani capability to counter drone attacks by saying that Pakistan has the necessary defence capability but its top priority is to resolve the issue through diplomatic and political means. Regarding the strained bilateral ties between India and Pakistan, especially in the immediate aftermath of the Mumbai attacks, the minister said the government is hopeful that India would not attack Pakistan, but Pakistan was capable of countering the attack in such an eventuality.

Maj. Gen. Farooq, organizer of the event, said that prospective international defence manufacturers had already started showing their interest in participating in the sixth IDEAS scheduled to be held in 2010.

Source
Eight countries express interest in JF-17

hope they are usefull for your information!

another one, a bit more older but addressing the mechanism of export by pkaistan and china!

here it is:

April 11/08: Jane’s Defence Weekly reports that:
“Pakistan and China have established a joint marketing organisation to promote international sales of their JF-17 ‘Thunder’ fighter aircraft, the head of the main Pakistani arms export agency has told Jane’s. Major General Muhammad Farooq, director general of Pakistan’s Defence Export Promotion Organisation (DEPO), described the JF-17 in early April as an ideal “choice for countries which are mindful of their finances.”
The Zimbabwe Air Force reportedly ordered 12 JF-17 2004,but there are no current sources that confirm payment or intent of delivery.
The Azerbaijan Air Force has negotiated with Pakistan for the purchase of 24-26 JF-17s, worth between 16 and 18 million dollars each.The Sudanese Air Force is also reported to be negotiating for 12 aircraft.

do tell me whether they have been posted or have they been informative for you people!

regards!

well the it is like that curently pakistan is just making planes for its own requirments, azerbijan and zimbabwe are lined up with china!
no news of BAF either accepting or rejecting the plane! infact no news about them evaluating the JF17!

it have been disscussed earlier that best way to attract customer is to show then what JF17 is capable of! we are currently not having battle ready squadron, once we got it PAF must be going to air sows and military exercise with JF17 showing it agility and fire power! this is were we can attract customers!

it is a fighter plane and no one will be willing to buy it just on our claims and paper proofs!

i hope this helps you

agian i will say no 2nd thought on JF17 is the best plan in the market for it's price .if F7 can be exported to 16 different countries then why not JF17 that's why i said it all depends how paf endorse it to other countires..

If they skip Le Bourget then it is one big mistake.

agian i will say no 2nd thought on JF17 is the best plan in the market for it's price .if F7 can be exported to 16 different countries then why not JF17 that's why i said it all depends how paf endorse it to other countires.

well that the point! it depends on what inage PAF make out of the plane! though there is no doubt that JF17 is the best you get in this price range, but still this fact can be proved by showing the clients real time action of its agility and fire power, may it be in an air show or military exercise!
i dont think that marketing the jet only on doucument facts will be a good idea!
for me the best way is to get a squadron operational (inshallah by end of 2009) and shoe the clients what it can do!

what do you think!

regards!

well that the point! it depends on what inage PAF make out of the plane! though there is no doubt that JF17 is the best you get in this price range, but still this fact can be proved by showing the clients real time action of its agility and fire power, may it be in an air show or military exercise!
i dont think that marketing the jet only on doucument facts will be a good idea!
for me the best way is to get a squadron operational (inshallah by end of 2009) and shoe the clients what it can do!

what do you think!

regards
i totally agree with u paf should take JF17 to airshows n all the military exercise around the world n let the world see beacuse countries around the world also wants to see wat pak/china JF17 really capable of onces thunder is in the sky it can give a extra punch to alot of jets in the market today due to it's price and capabilities.it would have been more easy for countries who bought f7 from china if china were to buy 40to50 JF17 but they should also know thunder was only bulid according to paf needs but i am still very hopefull that JF17will be export to alot of the countries in up comeing years .
regards

I think as the Pakistan get first JF-17 Sqd, the export option will be available.
Surely few countries will take intrest.

I think as the Pakistan get first JF-17 Sqd, the export option will be available.
Surely few countries will take intrest.

But first we should know how to make them!So ,I want to konw when we make Jf-17,i can't wait any more~~~:victory::bounce:

SoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOn

PAF alreasy started serial production in Feb 2009. I m amazed that u havent seen nay news or any TV channel.
This Oct Inshallah 1st JF-17 Sqd in Peshawar will be active.

make a video of like rafale or eurofigher or gripen for marketing i bet it will increase interest in its buyers or the potential buyers..

JF 17 will soon INSHAHALLAH recieve its first orders

Yes,yes!!!!!!!That means Pakistan belongs to the few countries which can make planes(and even more fewer countries can make the 3th generation frighter )

JF 17 will export to many countries~~~~~~~~

pakistan:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom