What's new

A Freedom Struggle Is Not Terrorism

So , What I understand is that you belive in humanity , which is beyond the narrow definition of faith .
Good

but you haven't answered my question whether the abrahamic religions , says the same .

What do the Abrahamic religions say on humanity? Do they say lie and cheat if the other is a non-Muslim? Do they say that a child should be allowed to starve if he is non-Muslim? I don't think so, and therefore I do not see Islam advocating a definition of humanity much different from how I defined it.

I think its a little too late to be blaming Muslims for that - for years now some in the West and Indians have been vilifying Islam and distorting its interpretations.

My comments were very specifically about someone preaching something and practicing the exact opposite at the same time.

I am not blaming 'Muslims' here. And i am sure what you mention is true in the other direction as well.

Muslims do consider the Christian bible to be "corrupted". India has a long history of aggression again. There is bound to be animosity in the minds of many people.

If only one can practice what one preaches!

But then if wishes were horses!

What was all this!

People who don't have "jarf" should not throw stones at others.

All the posts were in response to various comments made by other members. Even my answer to logic note, was due to his earlier post quoting Einstein, which was meant to denigrate our faith.

I just pointed out, if fear of hell and heaven is bad, then what about fear of being reincarnated?

You guys always open up issues, not realising it is a can of worms for you too.

"JIN KAY GHAR SHISHON KAY HOTAIN HAIN, WOH DOOSRON PAR PATHAR NAHIN PEHNKTAY"

My comments were very specifically about someone preaching something and practicing the exact opposite at the same time.

I am not blaming 'Muslims' here. And i am sure what you mention is true in the other direction as well.

Muslims do consider the Christian bible to be "corrupted". India has a long history of aggression again. There is bound to be animosity in the minds of many people.

I am not talking about theological differences, but specifically attempts by some groups and organizations (Such as Ali Sina, and the recent anti-Islam DVD's distributed during the US elections) to selectively pick verses from the Quran with the intention to paint it as some sort of violent and evil cult.

I am not talking about theological differences, but specifically attempts by some groups and organizations (Such as Ali Sina, and the recent anti-Islam DVD's distributed during the US elections) to selectively pick verses from the Quran with the intention to paint it as some sort of violent and evil cult.

Well, I obviously can't speak for them but yes it seems that Islam generates passions in a lot of people.

There is a plethora of material both for and against on the internet.

Why is it so is a question that Muslims can best answer. I am sure a lot of answers are within the community. But yes, I do empathize with the fact that the moderate Muslim is the worst sufferer in this. They are neither here nor there. They need to get their voice and become the dominant force in their community instead of the bigoted minority that makes the biggest noise.

I remember a "sher" on this, obviously by a Muslim along the lines that the conservatives Muslims shunned him by calling him kaffir because of his liberal views and kaffirs shunned him by calling him Muslim.

See, this is how I read the situation and this reading may be far from correct.

Last edited:
All the posts were in response to various comments made by other members. Even my answer to logic note, was due to his earlier post quoting Einstein, which was meant to denigrate our faith.

I just pointed out, if fear of hell and heaven is bad, then what about fear of being reincarnated?

You guys always open up issues, not realising it is a can of worms for you too.

That is factually wrong. You have a habit of making such useless comments and digressions. None of it was related to the issue being discussed. They were all unilateral comments by you without rhyme or reason.

"JIN KAY GHAR SHISHON KAY HOTAIN HAIN, WOH DOOSRON PAR PATHAR NAHIN PEHNKTAY"

That is what you need to understand. I can tell you that if I return even 10 % of your comments, you won't be able to take it.

Either have the "jarf" to take what you get back or don't make unnecessary unrelated comments.

Why don't you and that student of Einstein, mr logic note, not answer the point?

If fear of hell and heaven that some sections of muslims and christians talk about is bad, how about fear of reincarnating as an animal or insect?

You never forego a chance to criticise or denigrate Islam when the opportunity presents itself, but when someone answers in the same vein you call it "useless comments and digressions".

Maybe start with having some 'zarf' yourself.

Why don't you and that student of Einstein, mr logic note, not answer the point?

If fear of hell and heaven that some sections of muslims and christians talk about is bad, how about fear of reincarnating as an animal or insect?

No one said that the fear of hell and heaven is bad. What was being discussed was the belief that God would automatically condemn 85% of the human beings to hell for not believing in a particular belief system.

Why are you changing the argument?

You never forego a chance to criticise or denigrate Islam when the opportunity presents itself, but when someone answers in the same vein you call it "useless comments and digressions".

Maybe start with having some 'zarf' yourself.

The opportunity if you look at my posts only presents itself when someone either denigrates other religions (including mine) or tries to justify some bad acts (like you did for Somnath by calling it a "so called" temple).

You may do well to separate criticism of the actions of Mulsims (especially as they effected my country) with the criticism of the religion itself.

I never go out and start those discussions. I have zero interest in that.

I practice "to each his religion", you just say it.

Back
Top Bottom