What's new

A drama-queen who cried discrimination

Josef K

Reaction score
Country
India
Remember the girl who said she was denied a flat in Mumbai because of her faith? Apparently there were Muslims staying in that same building already. Such is the case in India, if you want some cheap publicity, you can cry that you are being discriminated against because of your religion and the mainstream media will simply gobble up whatever you barf (and oddly, only mid-day made a follow-up story on the police enquiry, while the secular warriors of the MSM wouldn't publish the truth once its out).

Mumbai: Cops find no evidence to support girl's 'thrown out of flat because I'm Muslim' claim - News

Just two days after the allegation had surfaced, mid-day had reported that there was more to the media professional’s story than met the eye (‘Was tenant evicted over her religion or due to issues with broker?’, May 29) and, three months on, the police have confirmed that they are no longer investigating the case because they have found no evidence supporting Quadri’s claim. When mid-day spoke to Quadri — who has left the city — yesterday, she reiterated her claim that she had faced discrimination.

Much ado?
Speaking to mid-day, DCP (Port Zone), Kiran Chavan said, “We are no longer investigating the case. We have stopped all forms of investigation related to the allegations made by Misbah Quadri.”

Asked why, he added, “We didn’t find any fact or evidence related to the allegations made by Quadri. Also, there were other Muslim families staying in the building. We have sent a reply to the Human Rights Commission, which had asked us to look into the matter.

We had also received an email from the Commissioner of Police, after which the investigation in the matter was initiated. However, now, as facts couldn’t be ascertained regarding the allegation, we are no longer investigating the case.”

Then and now
Quadri, who was seeking to move into Sanghvi Heights in Wadala, had alleged in May: “The broker had asked me to sign an NOC stating that the broker, builder, or owner shouldn’t be blamed if I faced any harassment because of my religion. I was thrown out because I refused to sign the NOC.”

When mid-day called Quadri yesterday, she said, “I never expected anything from the law, I have shifted out from Mumbai. I had faced discrimination, I didn’t wish to go to the media, and your (mid-day’s) story portrayed me in a negative light.”

Misbah Quadri tenancy case: Agreement copy has a male tenant

When mid-day had visited the building in May, a day after the controversy erupted, we found that three flats in the building were occupied by Muslim tenants, none of whom were asked to sign an NOC or faced any kind of discrimination. One of these tenants was allegedly shown his flat by the same broker who was dealing with Quadri.

The builder had claimed that things had gone sour between the broker and Quadri, leading to the issues. Calls to the broker and Shailesh Sanghvi of Sanghvi builders elicited no response yesterday.

These journalists always look for sensational news items or do armchair analysis. Hardly ever any in depth investigative reporting or follow up to sensational news.

Somewhere down the line the Govt or any other agency must make an example of such media sources which generate un researched news which have the potential to rabble rouse.

The SEBI is doing a fine job in the share market, we need a similar watchdog which follows such stories to bring some honesty in reporting.

Somewhere down the line the Govt or any other agency must make an example of such media sources which generate un researched news which have the potential to rabble rouse.

The SEBI is doing a fine job in the share market, we need a similar watchdog which follows such stories to bring some honesty in reporting.

Don't mean to be cynical (but that's what I am going to be), but what will that change? At the best a govt. agency, if at all formed despite the spin the media will give it to show it as a fascist instrument, can only prosecute the media for wrong news or news with malicious intent. But you do know the spin techniques of MSM, right? Let me show you a few samples with examples:

1. Omission of important facts that provide the context:

Remember the Bangalore school-Muslim student-Hindu prayer, story. The media, while mentioning the boy's name and the Principal's name, conveniently ignored, or should I say, intentionally obfuscated the school's name and the organization that runs it. Vivekananda Educational Centre run by Vivekananda Educational Society.

Think about this. How will a media headline, "Hindu student forced to sing Christian prayer in Our Lady of Lourdes school"? You'd be outraged that this even made it to the news. A Catholic school run by a Catholic organization obviously will have a Xian prayer for school assembly. Similarly Vivekananda Educational Centre run by Vivekananda Educational Society, will have a Hindu prayer. Except that, that is also wrong. That was not a Hindu prayer, but only a Sanskrit prayer and there were no Hindu deities mentioned. Here, read this: Bangalore: ‘Not compulsory for Muslim students to recite Hindu prayers’ says Jayanagar school

I found this on reddit and the redditor said, "I had to go through 5 pages of Google results before I found the name of the school in an article". Simple as that. Omit the important fact that provides context. Perfectly legal. Ethically bullc#@p.

2. Omission of news itself:

The media is outraging today over Bajrang Dal goons attacking a Muslim guy-Hindu girl in Mangalore. Yet again, there were several incidents of some fundamentalists attacking Hindu guy-Muslim girl couples in Hyderabad and Mangalore and elsewhere. Similarly, last year a honor killing in Delhi which involved the killing of an intercaste couple made huge news. But that preceding week, a honor killing occured in Gurgaon which involved a Hindu guy-Muslim girl married couple. This news was mentioned in some obscure place and no one outraged over it.

3. Using different standards for different situations:

For today's Mangalore news, NDTV article says this: The Bajrang Dal is a rightwing Hindu outfit affiliated to the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, the ideological mentor of the ruling BJP.

Muslim Man Stripped, Tied to Pole and Beaten by Mob in Mangalore, 13 Arrested

Umm...wait? Isn't Karnataka ruled by Congress? And how close are BJP and Bajrang Dal? If it were a BJP government in state and Congress government in centre, again it will be the "ruling BJP" (has happened before during UPA in centre and BJP in KA). It is always the ruling BJP's fault. Factually correct. But again, who are we kidding?

4. Failure to follow-up:

I don't even have to explain. The above Muslim tenant story. Bengal nun-rape case. Delhi church attacks, etc., etc. Rana Ayyub will conclude the Bengal nun-rapists were Sanghis even before police investigation begins, but will run to the rabbit hole and hide when the truth emerges and does not even talk about it. At least, some cases being high profile they find mention(albeit in a very small way compared to the original outrage) whenever the truth emerges. What about the cases like the one above?

Nothing new media sentationalism sells

Congress party has been in power for a long time. A lot of newspaper owners "owe them". We all know what happens to any one who went against the. Congress ... TAX RAID.

Every media outlet and educational establishment is filled with these left wing congress stooges. If you touch them they cry murder.

Tehelka exposes was always non congress parties...apparently there was never any corruption in congress worth investigating !!!

here's another one ...
CNPka7IUYAQkd0R.jpg

Ever since the "Rohtak bravehearts" got exposed and that Delhi cop brick incident, I am very skeptical of any such stories. Wear a dashcam or a concealed cam on road, if you are a Hindu male, lest be embroiled in some silly a$$ fight with an amateur SJW and get lynched by the media mob.

Tehelka exposes was always non congress parties...apparently there was never any corruption in congress worth investigating !!!

See point# 2 and 3 in post # 4.

Ever since the "Rohtak bravehearts" got exposed and that Delhi cop brick incident, I am very skeptical of any such stories. Wear a dashcam or a concealed cam on road, if you are a Hindu male, lest be embroiled in some silly a$$ fight with an amateur SJW and get lynched by the media mob.

See point# 2 and 3 in post # 4.
Yeah, your post is good. The biggest problem for congress is that new technology makes it hard for them to fool all the people all of the time. In the good ol days, they could Keep muslims in fear of what will happen without congress and create vote bloc. Educated muslims are seeing thru this charade thanks to the internet.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom