What's new

A day of Shame - Cabinet approves dual nationality, contempt of court amend

Sinnerman108

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The Federal cabinet on Wednesday approved a bill allowing dual nationals to contest general elections in Pakistan, Geo News reported.

During the cabinet meeting which was chaired by Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf, approval was also given to the draft of the contempt of court bill.

Briefing the media following the meeting, Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira said the cabinet approved the draft bill tabled by the Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis proposing amendment in Article 63 (1) (c) of the constitution to enable overseas Pakistanis having dual nationality to contest

election for the membership of the parliament.

Kaira added that the cabinet also approved the Contempt of Court Bill, 2012 for introduction in either House of the Parliament. Through the proposed bill, the scope of the right to appeal has been enlarged. Moreover, other necessary provisions relevant to contempt proceedings have been incorporated.

Geo.TV - Geo News | Pakistan, Sports, Cricket | Live Videos - Photos

It hurts even to comment on this shameful piece of news.

if dual nationality isallowed then PPP must sign extradition treaty with all major countries like USA, UK

imran khan is pro on this matter

but t ensure the dual national will not escape abroad following the corruption case like many escapees. they also need to sign extradition treaties

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3142858 said:
if dual nationality isallowed then PPP must sign extradition treaty with all major countries like USA, UK

imran khan is pro on this matter

but t ensure the dual national will not escape abroad following the corruption case like many escapees. they also need to sign extradition treaties

I hope there are not a lot of people like you in Pakistan.

Having dual nationality is in principle not correct.
When some one gets elected to represent Pakistan and only Pakistan's interest ;
that person must exhibit full trust and faith in Pakistan as per the oath that he/she undertakes.

If that person has dual nationality, that means he is lying.

Dual Nationals should be allowed to vote but nothing else, they should not be allowed to be a candidate for any minor seat also in elections.

And when i say this i also mean that this should be apply to those Pakistani nationals who had live outside Pakistan for even 1 year(even though if they don't hold dual nationality).

This is unbelievable. Does something like this exist anywhere else in the world ? I am genuinely curious.

What else can you expect from a cabinet and parliament full of chor, dakait, qatil and looters.

Dual nationals should be allowed to vote, nothing else.

Now we are going to have foreigners rule over us. great!!!

The argument by Altaf Bhai Hussain chor frog is that overseas pakistanis area great asset bla bla bla, so if we restrict them from coming into NA, we would lose the foreign inflow and remittances.

Well altaf, the people who send money back are not dual nationals but the 'mazdoor' who sends his money to his family back home, the taxi driver, the electrician etc etc. Not those rich dual nationals.

Let's put this into perpective.....

If you hold a British passport then you have by signing the passport document accepted the oath and allegiance to the British monarch.

Here is the wording

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...ons/nisec2gensec/oathofallegiance?view=Binary

"I, [name], swear by Almighty God that, on becoming a British citizen, I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors according to law."
Pledge:

"I will give my loyalty to the United Kingdom and respect its rights and freedoms. I will uphold its democratic values. I will observe its laws faithfully and fulfil my duties and obligations as a British citizen."

Now, where does the loyalty of these candidates lay....... Former ambassador Hussain Haqqani comes to mind.........

I hope there are not a lot of people like you in Pakistan.

Having dual nationality is in principle not correct.
When some one gets elected to represent Pakistan and only Pakistan's interest ;
that person must exhibit full trust and faith in Pakistan as per the oath that he/she undertakes.

If that person has dual nationality, that means he is lying.

but there are many pakistani born abroad having dual nationality, many pakistani living oversees love pakistan more than our own countrymen, having a pure pakistani nationality doesnt mean that person will be complete loyal to the country and having dual citizenship doesnt mean that he will surely betray his country or put his oversees country first

secondly dual nationals are better educated and better trained for the modern world

dual nationals also send pakistan precious income money as dollars as compared to locals

as i have said, just need to sign an extradition treaty

If you hold a British passport then you have by signing the passport document accepted the oath and allegiance to the British monarch.

Here is the wording

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...ons/nisec2gensec/oathofallegiance?view=Binary

"I, [name], swear by Almighty God that, on becoming a British citizen, I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors according to law."
Pledge:

"I will give my loyalty to the United Kingdom and respect its rights and freedoms. I will uphold its democratic values. I will observe its laws faithfully and fulfil my duties and obligations as a British citizen."

Now, where does the loyalty of these candidates lay....... Former ambassador Hussain Haqqani comes to mind.........

the same oath he has sworn being pakistani national

hussain haqqani is there because there is no extradition treaty, so he is finding safe heavens in washington, if we had extradition treaty all corrupts and criminals would have been brought home

many oversees pakistanis have contributed a lot to pakistan for example abdul qadeer khan, the founder of pakistan nuclear program

Salman. Please post my Congartulations to my fellow Pakistanis. "we have been raped once more" !!

It is unfair to equate "dual nationality" and "divided loyalty".

Let's analyze "single nationality" and "loyalty" first.

So what percentage of "single nationality" Pakistanis are truly loyal to Pakistan?

An empirical analysis shows? Yes. you guessed it correctly. The answer is "not many".

Majority Pakistanis are Sunni Muslims. Who profess their loyalty to a fantom of Saudi led opera, called "Khalifa". Thus they are not 100% loyal to Pakistan.

The second group of Pakistani Muslims are Shias. They unfortunately profess their loyalty to Hazir Ayatullah and a phantom of Irani led opera, called "Ghaib Imam".

No wonder they are butchering each other in the name of their phantom leaders, khalifahs, and Imams.

If loyalty to Pakistan was indeed applicable to most Pakistanis, we would not be killing fellow Ahmadis, Christians, Hindus and other minorities.

peace.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3143179 said:
but there are many pakistani born abroad having dual nationality, many pakistani living oversees love pakistan more than our own countrymen, having a pure pakistani nationality doesnt mean that person will be complete loyal to the country and having dual citizenship doesnt mean that he will surely betray his country or put his oversees country first

secondly dual nationals are better educated and better trained for the modern world

dual nationals also send pakistan precious income money as dollars as compared to locals

as i have said, just need to sign an extradition treaty

the same oath he has sworn being pakistani national

hussain haqqani is there because there is no extradition treaty, so he is finding safe heavens in washington, if we had extradition treaty all corrupts and criminals would have been brought home

many oversees pakistanis have contributed a lot to pakistan for example abdul qadeer khan, the founder of pakistan nuclear program

Maybe you never even bothered to read my post before clicking the quote button.

Here is the wording

Pledge:

The wording of the British oath is very clear cut, yoUr absolute loyalty will be for the monarch and any deviation from that and you shall be in violation of that oath. PERIOD

Adding a colourful twist to it by showing loyalty to both is not part of the British oath, it is very clear cut......

Back
Top Bottom