eastwatch

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2013/06/20/caretaker-to-hold-power-till-doomsday

‘Caretaker to hold power till doomsday”
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2013-06-20 11:04:17.0 Updated: 2013-06-20 11:35:49.0

Cautioning the opposition about the consequence of a caretaker government, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has claimed that if an unconstitutional government assume power it would try to rule the country till the “end of the world.”

She said, “I don’t know what drives the BNP to demand this. If a caretaker government assumes power it will not conduct any elections.”

She clarified her party’s position on the issue while speaking at a view exchange program with Awami League’s grassroots leaders from Pirojpur district on Thursday.

Taking a dig at the main opposition party which has been campaigning for the restoration of caretaker-government system, Hasina said,“If a caretaker government is restored, it will never relinquish power….. What will they (BNP leaders) do then? Will they then strike their foreheads and weep.”

“This time it (caretaker government) will do what it could not do earlier. It (caretaker government) will try to stay in power till doomsday”, said the Prime Minister.

Justifying Awami League’s movement for the caretaker government in 1996 she said, “We wanted a caretaker government. This is true. Why did we want it? Because BNP had indulged in violence, malpractices and rigging in the elections it conducted.

Citing the recent fair and peaceful elections to the four city corporations of Rajshahi, Sylhet, Barisal and Khulna, Hasina said, “These elections are evident of the fact that free and fair elections are held only when Awami League is in power.”
But if the people still wants to vote to power “selfish, stealers, murderers, corrupts and criminals” , Awami League has nothing to say, the Prime Minister stated in an apparent hint at the recent mandate against her party in the four civic elections.

“This is entirely the decision of the people of Bangladesh.”

During the interactions, she also criticised the advisors of the erstwhile post 1/11-caretaker government.

“The advisors give us theories. But they couldn’t stage an election…They are army-backed...... When a caretaker government become army-headed, naturally there will be no attempt to stage elections.”

While recalling the events of the caretaker regime, She also touched upon the issue of Gono Forum president Kamal Hossain.

“An internationally acclaimed lawyer has remarked that the caretaker government can cling to power without staging elections. He (the lawyer) was once with us..... But he deserted us. He has recently forewarned that a caretaker government could stay until the end of the world.”

Sheikh Hasina reaffirmed her government’s commitment to bring to book war criminals.

She claimed, “The movement for caretaker government is nothing, but an attempt to save the war criminals.”

She said the main opposition was busy plotting ouster of Awami League from the government to save the war criminals.

And how may I ask she knows what the newly appointed caretaker gov: will do regarding election? Will it be headed by her? Then the above post is understandable.And whom she was protecting when she started this same demand for CTG in BNP time?

Just out of curiosity, how do BD members feel about Hasina?

Since I have no party affiliation, so I can say Hasina is not worse than Khaleda. Other people have their own personal opinions.

It is my pet theory that since a CTG is legally capable to bring criminal accusation against Hasina for conspiring the Peelkhan carnage in 2009, therefore, she does not want a CTG. Non-CTG is the only escape route for her to avoid hanging.

Just out of curiosity, how do BD members feel about Hasina?

I even have changed my flag for her and her like mind people. Many people detest her, also many people don't.

Since I have no party affiliation, so I can say Hasina is not worse than Khaleda. Other people have their own personal opinions.

It is my pet theory that since a CTG is legally capable to bring criminal accusation against Hasina for conspiring the Peelkhan carnage in 2009, therefore, she does not want a CTG. Non-CTG is the only escape route for her to avoid hanging.

:ashamed: Biman Bangladesh goes to Kolkata. I am willing to pay for her trip myself, provided; its the economy class.

Regardless of Hasina's mad rationale, what is your bias about caretaker government? Perhaps, that will clear up why you are posting comments coming out of Hasina's mouth.

:ashamed: Biman Bangladesh goes to Kolkata. I am willing to pay for her trip myself, provided; its the economy class.

1) Hasina's present plan is to stick to the amended Constitution. Her Cabinet will resign in October, but she will form a small election time Cabinet, which she may be calling Interim Govt.

2) The Parliament has been elected for a full 5 year term. So, it will remain so until the end of December.

3) So, she and her AL MPs will keep on receiving all the amenities, perks and privileges of a ruling govt while on election campaign. On the other hand the Opposition candidates will lack these.

4) This is how she will retain AL majority within, say, 160 seats, to show the world that the election was conducted in fair.

5) If the Administration people know SHW will no more be the PM in October, they will start defying her orders in September and the police will not shoot at people any more.

6) But, now when the Police people know that SHW will remain the PM until December and because of that her Party will win the election, and she will be re-elected the PM again, therefore, they will not dare to defy her orders to shoot on the Opposition crowds now.

As there is a more than 50% chance of Hasina being hanged for conspiring the Pilkhan carnage once a CTG is ushered in, you can save your air-ticket money for a better use.

Beyond the rhetoric, on ground CTGs and military led govts have delivered much more to BD.

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2013/...-till-doomsday

‘Caretaker to hold power till doomsday”
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2013-06-20 11:04:17.0 Updated: 2013-06-20 11:35:49.0

Cautioning the opposition about the consequence of a caretaker government, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has claimed that if an unconstitutional government assume power it would try to rule the country till the “end of the world.”

hmmm, if “end of the BD this happens before the “end of the world. after 10/15 years:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle-east-africa/259793-end-iraq-3-way-partition.html

Are Iraqis less patriot than BDans? NO. It is the unity that matters.

If the division increases here, God knows what will happen here.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle...es-iraq-war-pure-evil-smart-zionist-plan.html

God forbid, if something like this happens here after 10/15 years:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle-east-africa/259793-end-iraq-3-way-partition.html

Are they less patriot than BDans? NO. It is the unity that matters.

If the division increases here, God knows what will happen here.

The prescription of AL led by SHW is to divide the country and rule over it. While Sk. Mujib wanted to unite the country under his BAKSAL banner, SHW has no such vision. She is here only to revenge the killing of her family members. She does not care if the country's population remain divided.

Unlike Iraq, BD has little chance of physically disintegrated unless of course the nearby big DADA interferes in our domestic matters. Since disintegration does not benefit, therefore, big DADA will not try it. In that case, our military will safeguard the integrity of the country.

The prescription of AL led by SHW is to divide the country and rule over it.

I think there is nothing called country, the country theory only exists when the unity exists; if the unity can not exist, the country can not exist. People get united for some common interests and form a boundary and country. If the common interests disappear, the unity disappears and hence the country disappears.

If Iraqis fail to hold the unity at last, Iraq will disappear.

Back
Top Bottom