What's new

A Comparative Portrait of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Perceptron

BANNED
Reaction score
A Comparative Portrait of Afghanistan and Pakistan

Malik Achakzai in Global, Afghanistan

photo.jpg

On a daily basis information and analysis are printed and broadcast about the War on Terror, especially involving issues in the states of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

But it is Afghans and Pakistanis who can provide the best analysis of their countries.

What is the history of Afghanistan and Pakistan?

The written history of Afghanistan involves 6,000 years and a bright, progressive, peaceful civilization of Zartushts and Buddhism. Balkh and Bamyan drew people from across the world, in the way major universities like Oxford or Harvard do today.

From such origins, Afghanistan evolved through the ages as a significant bastion of civilization.

In contrast, no one knew the name of Pakistan before August 14, 1947, an unnatural state separated from India by the British. Pakistan was named with a religious slogan, a country built for Muslims. Included in Pakistan were 145,000 square kilometers of Afghan territory involving the Durand Line – an 1893 demarcation from the time of the British invasion of Afghanistan. The area is rich in natural resources, mountains, jungle and hydroelectricity, aiding agriculture and industry in Pakistan.

These matters of history and also of current affairs indicate how Kabul and Islamabad have been main rivals in the current War on Terror. Islamabad tries to produce terrorism, creating new forms of weapons of mass destruction, to retain power over her neighbor. A prime example was the matter of Osama Bin Laden — who was found, at long last, near Islamabad, the most important nest of terrorists from around the world. Pakistan is not using terrorism for the purposes of Islam but for political and geopolitical purposes. Islamabad think tanks refer to Afghanistan in terms of Pakistan's strategic depth, whatever the results for Afghans.

What will be the future of Afghanistan and Pakistan?

Afghanistan is on the track of democracy, social justice, peace and stability. Pakistan remains an unnatural state, a cage of oppressed Afghans in the “Pashtoon Belt” just explained. The Balochs, Sindhis, and Siraikis remain run by army dictators, directly and indirectly, that apply a formula of might is right. Unless Pakistan changes herself into a peaceful country, there are chances of disintegration. The world will not let her interfere in Afghanistan or affect the peace and security of anywhere else.

*PolicyMic thanks Pundit Susan Kraykowski for generously helping edit this article, the first article from a Pundit in Pakistan.

Photo Credit: isafmedia

what can you better expect from an idiot afghan writing a completely senseless idiotic article??

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

and guy posting such utter piece of crap

in pakistan pakistanis actually communicate with a common language, what about south india, you cant even communicatewith them other than colonial english??

in pakistan pakistanis actually communicate with a common language, what about south india, you cant even communicatewith them other than colonial english??

The common language you are talking about is a foreign language originally from Delhi. You too have huge variety:p:unjabi,Sindhi, Pashto, Baloch, Barahui, Hindko, Potohari etc. So, you are using a language of India(Urdu) as your lingua franca.

what can you better expect from an idiot afghan writing a completely senseless idiotic article??

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

and guy posting such utter piece of crap

the article lacks depth and facts but indeed is a good attempt to appease the Afghan government that exists in the green zone of Kabul.

please dont shoot the messenger who found something antiPakistani and was compelled to post it here.
Its so wrong at so many levels that I find it amusing. Specially the claim of the Afghan cruise to democracy (under the spiritual guidance of Gen Dostam’s arms and Gen Fahims Khad agents). The biggest victim of identity crises is Afghanistan which for the last 10 years dismissed and disillusioned the biggest ethnic group of Afghans.

Here is my take. The future of Afghanistan is very bleak under the current puppet Afghan government which is not representative of the Afghan people. While it shamelessly sells off the exploration rights of natural resources to American companies, the common Afghan will never benefit as the money and rewards wont make it in Afghanistan. No chance of stability in the region as long as Americans stay here to and build military bases to contain China and Iran.

the article lacks depth and facts but indeed is a good attempt to appease the Afghan government that exists in the green zone of Kabul.

please dont shoot the messenger who found something antiPakistani and was compelled to post it here.
Its so wrong at so many levels that I find it amusing. Specially the claim of the Afghan cruise to democracy (under the spiritual guidance of Gen Dostam’s arms and Gen Fahims Khad agents). The biggest victim of identity crises is Afghanistan which for the last 10 years dismissed and disillusioned the biggest ethnic group of Afghans.

Here is my take. The future of Afghanistan is very bleak under the current puppet Afghan government which is not representative of the Afghan people. While it shamelessly sells off the exploration rights of natural resources to American companies, the common Afghan will never benefit as the money and rewards wont make it in Afghanistan. No chance of stability in the region as long as Americans stay here to and build military bases to contain China and Iran.
I am more worried about Afghanistan's (or a section of Afghans') intent here ; They claim the land beyond the expired Durand Line and i have no idea of whether the current elected government would sway under the radical factions (e.g. NA, Gen. Dostum for one as u mentioned) and try to start a crisis with Pakistan on this issue. This was my main take on the post and hope u shed some light on it. For the benefit of this region, i wish Americans do stay here and try to put a lid on this issue for a long time if possible.

I am more worried about Afghanistan's (or a section of Afghans') intent here ; They claim the land beyond the expired Durand Line and i have no idea of whether the current elected government would sway under the radical factions (e.g. NA, Gen. Dostum for one as u mentioned) and try to start a crisis with Pakistan on this issue. This was my main take on the post and hope u shed some light on it. For the benefit of this region, i wish Americans do stay here and try to put a lid on this issue for a long time if possible.

I have nothing more to add other than that the time of the warlords and chieftains is long gone. their concept is totally against the modern times. a chieftain has no acceptability or responsibility therefore their influence should be redued to only ceremonial. Thee shouldn’t be double standards in that regard whether they are West’s “good chieftains/warlords” like Dostam of Afghanistan and Bghutis of Pakistan or the “bad chieftains/ warlords” like Haqqanis & Gulbadin etc.

Turning to the general population is the answer to the political crises in the region. And wishing a cat to watch over the milk is foolhardy to the nth degree, yes I am talking about US of A. their military bases are the biggest cause of regional tensions from Persian gulf to this country.

there is acommon theme in all these articles and programs that whenever they mention Afghanistan and Balochistan, its always about the natural resources (never ever about the people) if the people do get a mention then thats only a second thought and just to support the main argument and that is how to "secure the natural resources" for the sole use and under management of American Emipre.

The common language you are talking about is a foreign language originally from Delhi. You too have huge variety:p:unjabi,Sindhi, Pashto, Baloch, Barahui, Hindko, Potohari etc. So, you are using a language of India(Urdu) as your lingua franca.

urdu was made by muslims under muslim rule, it originated in dehli when muslims ruled and which included all the pakistani areas, also urdu received more patronage in pakistan after partition and urdu didnt do well in india, if it not for pakistan, urdu had died away a long time ago because most muslims speak hindi then urdu

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I have nothing more to add other than that the time of the warlords and chieftains is long gone. their concept is totally against the modern times. a chieftain has no acceptability or responsibility therefore their influence should be redued to only ceremonial. Thee shouldn’t be double standards in that regard whether they are West’s “good chieftains/warlords” like Dostam of Afghanistan and Bghutis of Pakistan or the “bad chieftains/ warlords” like Haqqanis & Gulbadin etc.

Turning to the general population is the answer to the political crises in the region. And wishing a cat to watch over the milk is foolhardy to the nth degree, yes I am talking about US of A. their military bases are the biggest cause of regional tensions from Persian gulf to this country.

there is acommon theme in all these articles and programs that whenever they mention Afghanistan and Balochistan, its always about the natural resources (never ever about the people) if the people do get a mention then thats only a second thought and just to support the main argument and that is how to "secure the natural resources" for the sole use and under management of American Emipre.

bull's eye..........

Come on, do you know how simplistic this argument sounds ? Do you think US went into Iraq for their natural resources ? Or they are have over 700 military bases over the world to exploit their natural resources ? Natural resources have nothing to do with the reason why they are in Afghanistan or why they would be willing to be there. The primary reason is that they wouldn't want the region turning hostile such that they attack American interests anywhere else in the world (including the mainland of course). The secondary reason is the geostrategic reach they wish to maintain in zones of conflict or potential conflict. I agree that the whole "Pax Americana" strategy is hegemonic in nature and one would like to return to the pre-Cold War era where the balance of power was maintained by 3-4 powers without any immediate distrust amongst them.

Throw this thread in the bin where it belongs.

A Comparative Portrait of Afghanistan and Pakistan

Malik Achakzai in Global, Afghanistan

photo.jpg

On a daily basis information and analysis are printed and broadcast about the War on Terror, especially involving issues in the states of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

But it is Afghans and Pakistanis who can provide the best analysis of their countries.

What is the history of Afghanistan and Pakistan?

The written history of Afghanistan involves 6,000 years and a bright, progressive, peaceful civilization of Zartushts and Buddhism. Balkh and Bamyan drew people from across the world, in the way major universities like Oxford or Harvard do today.

From such origins, Afghanistan evolved through the ages as a significant bastion of civilization.

In contrast, no one knew the name of Pakistan before August 14, 1947, an unnatural state separated from India by the British. Pakistan was named with a religious slogan, a country built for Muslims. Included in Pakistan were 145,000 square kilometers of Afghan territory involving the Durand Line – an 1893 demarcation from the time of the British invasion of Afghanistan. The area is rich in natural resources, mountains, jungle and hydroelectricity, aiding agriculture and industry in Pakistan.

These matters of history and also of current affairs indicate how Kabul and Islamabad have been main rivals in the current War on Terror. Islamabad tries to produce terrorism, creating new forms of weapons of mass destruction, to retain power over her neighbor. A prime example was the matter of Osama Bin Laden — who was found, at long last, near Islamabad, the most important nest of terrorists from around the world. Pakistan is not using terrorism for the purposes of Islam but for political and geopolitical purposes. Islamabad think tanks refer to Afghanistan in terms of Pakistan's strategic depth, whatever the results for Afghans.

What will be the future of Afghanistan and Pakistan?

Afghanistan is on the track of democracy, social justice, peace and stability. Pakistan remains an unnatural state, a cage of oppressed Afghans in the “Pashtoon Belt” just explained. The Balochs, Sindhis, and Siraikis remain run by army dictators, directly and indirectly, that apply a formula of might is right. Unless Pakistan changes herself into a peaceful country, there are chances of disintegration. The world will not let her interfere in Afghanistan or affect the peace and security of anywhere else.

*PolicyMic thanks Pundit Susan Kraykowski for generously helping edit this article, the first article from a Pundit in Pakistan.

Photo Credit: isafmedia

Confusing :s Bold Parts

Someone tell this fuddu author to get back to reality or else we'll deport the millions of illegals and refs from Afghanistan. Pakistan will disintegrate lmaooooooo what a joker. Anyways Afghans and Bhartis can keep living in their wet dream.

Back
Top Bottom