What's new

A Career In The Pakistan Rangers

yeah so i am back....
this topic, seems though, it never leaves me...
i would like to repeat my queries to be answered by some one experienced or in knowledge of the aspects;
>criteria of Promotion (i.e in case i complete MBA in service, will i be able to get promoted directly as merit)
>Departmental Exams in Pak rangers
>Career advancements and other rotation options for a Sub Insp of Rangers.

Regards,

do a job in civil if you will have mba degree in near future,rangers officers are actually army officers who got commission from pma,join pak army as a officer if you are eligible,btw force's job is some serious business,civil mein rehtay hue banday ko itna andaza naahi hota iska.it's better to either be a officer in pak army or do a good job in civil,choice is yours.

do a job in civil if you will have mba degree in near future,rangers officers are actually army officers who got commission from pma,join pak army as a officer if you are eligible,btw force's job is some serious business,civil mein rehtay hue banday ko itna andaza naahi hota iska.it's better to either be a officer in pak army or do a good job in civil,choice is yours.

meray bhai you didn't understand the essence of my question. it was regarding the job of direct entry general duty sub inspector in pak rangers (as an officer).

i already know that officers also get posted in rangers after completion from pma too but this route (sub inspector) is what we can say a direct entry point. where a sub inspector acts as an almost equivalent counterpart of (as 2nd Lt. of rangers).
this rank promotes up till SSR(Lt.Col). Sub Insp>Insp>DSR>SR>SSR>higher than SSR comes from army only.
needless to say that these ranks up till Lt.Col are indeed honorable too.

actually i was looking for someone from rangers who has some professional insight about this....

meray bhai you didn't understand the essence of my question. it was regarding the job of direct entry general duty sub inspector in pak rangers (as an officer).

i already know that officers also get posted in rangers after completion from pma too but this route (sub inspector) is what we can say a direct entry point. where a sub inspector acts as an almost equivalent counterpart of (as 2nd Lt. of rangers).
this rank promotes up till SSR(Lt.Col). Sub Insp>Insp>DSR>SR>SSR>higher than SSR comes from army only.
needless to say that these ranks up till Lt.Col are indeed honorable too.

actually i was looking for someone from rangers who has some professional insight about this....

here's no one from rangers as far as i think,if you want to go in rangers,then 1st of December is the only day for registration,you get promoted but after some time and if you can handle the pressure of job and last but not least,complete basic training which requires either shouq or majboori.

I wish you luck and hope that as a Ranger you kick some MQM/PPPP ***.

Please don't join Rangers, it is known as Thiggar force among the joint services. If you have the caliber join PA or do CSS and join PSP.

Please don't join Rangers, it is known as Thiggar force among the joint services. If you have the caliber join PA or do CSS and join PSP.
Dude, i have more caliber than the PMA inductees but due to the 'strange' age rule i can't do PMA any more.
and yes CSS is my top priority. was prepared for CE 16 but the university decided to dump the degree result about 3 months later and thus i lost my chance at CE 16. Now i aim for CE 17 but.. that'l take its due time too...
meanwhile i saw this SI advert in the paper. said to myself why not?

so i ask you sir, why exactly not?
and what do you mean by Thiggar?

Dude, i have more caliber than the PMA inductees but due to the 'strange' age rule i can't do PMA any more.
and yes CSS is my top priority. was prepared for CE 16 but the university decided to dump the degree result about 3 months later and thus i lost my chance at CE 16. Now i aim for CE 17 but.. that'l take its due time too...
meanwhile i saw this SI advert in the paper. said to myself why not?

so i ask you sir, why exactly not?
and what do you mean by Thiggar?

A,
I am much senior to you so I would appreciate it if you didn't refer to me as "dude" as I am not a stoner.

B,
Wait for CSS and whilst your at it, if you have someone in the family who is in the military ask them too, you will get the same advice. Do you even know the kind of work, pay scale and living conditions sub-inspectors have?

If you enter as SI you will work up the ladder + politics and if your exceptional, maybe in 15/20 years be appointed to DSP BPS 17, where you will essentially be the SP/Major's lackey. As as SI you will enter at BPS 14 whilst someone who has done PSP will immediately be on grade 17 and the salary and perks to match that.

As an SI you will have no real command, just doing trench work. You have finished university, you or your parents have made that financial investment and you have invested your time and effort to getting that post nominal after your surname.

Do what you wish, follow your own dreams. But if you were my brother or son I would advise you against entry as SI in Pak Rangers, wait for CSS or get a job in Civil. With a corporate job, at-least you can afford to feed your wife and children and put them in good schools.

Good luck with your future.

hCq321T.jpg

Basic pay scale attached to add perspective. Column to left is update pahysacle.

A,
I am much senior to you so I would appreciate it if you didn't refer to me as "dude" as I am not a stoner.

B,
Wait for CSS and whilst your at it, if you have someone in the family who is in the military ask them too, you will get the same advice. Do you even know the kind of work, pay scale and living conditions sub-inspectors have?

If you enter as SI you will work up the ladder + politics and if your exceptional, maybe in 15/20 years be appointed to DSP BPS 17, where you will essentially be the SP/Major's lackey. As as SI you will enter at BPS 14 whilst someone who has done PSP will immediately be on grade 17 and the salary and perks to match that.

As an SI you will have no real command, just doing trench work. You have finished university, you or your parents have made that financial investment and you have invested your time and effort to getting that post nominal after your surname.

Do what you wish, follow your own dreams. But if you were my brother or son I would advise you against entry as SI in Pak Rangers, wait for CSS or get a job in Civil. With a corporate job, at-least you can afford to feed your wife and children and put them in good schools.

Good luck with your future.

hCq321T.jpg

Basic pay scale attached to add perspective. Column to left is update pahysacle.

Naturally, neither you nor I know who is sitting at the other side of the computer screen.

B - Thanks for your advice, I already knew 17 and 14 grade difference and i know that CSS is always superior but there are some things that won't allow me to wait any more.

C - You referred to the SI and DSP of PSP not Pak Rangers. In Rangers, the respect and power of and SI has a totally different spectrum as compared to an SI of PSP, and so is the promotional criteria aspect.

*In PSP an SI may be promoted to DSP after 10/20 years politics and etc whilst after CSS the person is posted directly as ASP. And because the Cadre of an ASP is derived of CSP (CSS), through this position the ASP can get promoted to as high as IGP.

However,

In Pakistan Rangers, there is a lot more difference then you are considering. You simply can not compare it. That is because:
*In Rangers an SI can be promoted to as high as SSR (Wing Commander - Lt.Colonel). And there is NO other way of joining Pak Rangers as an ASR etc like it is in PSP via CSS what so ever apart from the PMA deputation route (at least that's my 3 years research on that).
Yes, the other superior ranks after the SSR comes from Army only (as DDG. Deputy Director General Brig/Gen, Director General - Major/LT General)

Therefore joining Pak Rangers through it's Direct Entry SI route is like joining it through it's own semi commission, whilst, however starting from BPS 14 instead of 17

Last but not the least, you can't compare PSP with Rangers because Rangers is a Paramilitary force that falls under Army and so it falls under the prestige of it too by all means.

Thanks & Regards,

Naturally, neither you nor I know who is sitting at the other side of the computer screen.

B - Thanks for your advice, I already knew 17 and 14 grade difference and i know that CSS is always superior but there are some things that won't allow me to wait any more.

C - You referred to the SI and DSP of PSP not Pak Rangers. In Rangers, the respect and power of and SI has a totally different spectrum as compared to an SI of PSP, and so is the promotional criteria aspect.

*In PSP an SI may be promoted to DSP after 10/20 years politics and etc whilst after CSS the person is posted directly as ASP. And because the Cadre of an ASP is derived of CSP (CSS), through this position the ASP can get promoted to as high as IGP.

However,

In Pakistan Rangers, there is a lot more difference then you are considering. You simply can not compare it. That is because:
*In Rangers an SI can be promoted to as high as SSR (Wing Commander - Lt.Colonel). And there is NO other way of joining Pak Rangers as an ASR etc like it is in PSP via CSS what so ever apart from the PMA deputation route (at least that's my 3 years research on that).
Yes, the other superior ranks after the SSR comes from Army only (as DDG. Deputy Director General Brig/Gen, Director General - Major/LT General)

Therefore joining Pak Rangers through it's Direct Entry SI route is like joining it through it's own semi commission, whilst, however starting from BPS 14 instead of 17

Last but not the least, you can't compare PSP with Rangers because Rangers is a Paramilitary force that falls under Army and so it falls under the prestige of it too by all means.

Thanks & Regards,

Do as you wish...

i agree with rescueranger,if you can get a better job than this in civil,then there's no need to go in rangers,join army through ssc or whatever otherwise Karachi is hub of jobs,just imagine that if you join rangers and can't get promotion because of any reason than what happens ? joining rangers is much khawari because they give only one day for registration and you can imagine how many candidates will be out there and secondly,if you are overage,then it's your fault that you did not applied when you had time,they can't change rules for you,my advice is that don't join rangers if you are thinking of promotions,sirf ek time ka ragra milta ha aur banday ko yaad any lag jata ha k civil mein jobs achi mil jaati agr yahan na ata tou.

the life which you are living now is much much much better than rangers one.

i agree with rescueranger,if you can get a better job than this in civil,then there's no need to go in rangers,join army through ssc or whatever otherwise Karachi is hub of jobs,just imagine that if you join rangers and can't get promotion because of any reason than what happens ? joining rangers is much khawari because they give only one day for registration and you can imagine how many candidates will be out there and secondly,if you are overage,then it's your fault that you did not applied when you had time,they can't change rules for you,my advice is that don't join rangers if you are thinking of promotions,sirf ek time ka ragra milta ha aur banday ko yaad any lag jata ha k civil mein jobs achi mil jaati agr yahan na ata tou.

the life which you are living now is much much much better than rangers one.

Let him experience it for himself, we were all young once. All I am trying to do is save him from throwing away the next 30 years of his life.

@rescureranger,once he or anyone join and if they don't like it or whatever the reason is,they can take discharge anytime? does rangers provide free medical like PA? they didn't mentioned any thing in ad of recruitment,btw i'm surprised that they are recruiting SI on base on fsc while police recruits ASI if you apply on fsc/inter.....

@rescureranger,once he or anyone join and if they don't like it or whatever the reason is,they can take discharge anytime? does rangers provide free medical like PA?
@RescueRanger,
I wanted to ask the same thing too. If you have knowledge of this then please enlighten in detail.

btw i'm surprised that they are recruiting SI on base on fsc while police recruits ASI if you apply on fsc/inter.....
That is primarily because Pak Rangers is following the old Recruitment rule laid down in the 70s. And PMA recruits too get inducted via Fsc.

Secondly again, it is a commonly known fact that police recruits the lower or mid cadre on the basis of politics etc and not on the basis of merit about 90% of time. So the qualification requirement for police doesn't really mean that much in the real world.

@RescueRanger,
I wanted to ask the same thing too. If you have knowledge of this then please enlighten in detail.

That is primarily because Pak Rangers is following the old Recruitment rule laid down in the 70s. And PMA recruits too get inducted via Fsc.

Secondly again, it is a commonly known fact that police recruits the lower or mid cadre on the basis of politics etc and not on the basis of merit about 90% of time. So the qualification requirement for police doesn't really mean that much in the real world.

As per Rangers Ordinance1959, not with express permission of DG Rangers. And to answer your second question, medical is subsidised as with all government services including up until now PIA.

As per Rangers Ordinance1959, not with express permission of DG Rangers. And to answer your second question, medical is subsidised as with all government services including up until now PIA.

Resignation of members.– No member of the Force shall–

(a) resign his appointment or request for his reversion to his parent department during the time he is on active duty;

(b) withdraw himself wilfully from all or any of the duties of his appointment, without the previous permission in writing of the Director-General or any other officer authorised by him in this behalf.

A - Please define 'Active Duty' in the Pak Rangers Rule spectrum

B - Secondly, I believe that Army/Rangers or any other Force(s) jobs are just like any other job a person agrees to dedicate himself too willfully. And I also believe that every individual has the right to avail better opportunities (if any becomes available to him during the period of his service. So based on that, can an individual not resign himself voluntarily at his own behest as per need? And what if the person want to study more and get more degrees or may be try the other arising/advancing opportunities that may arise during his service from amongst the Public/Private sector? (can the person apply in public or private sectors in case other jobs are advertised for general public while on active duty)

C - Can the person (whilst on Rangers Active duty) apply for CSS examination and take the papers, and there after join CSP if he gets selected?

Usually when i ask these questions from any one in service they don't appreciate it, and rather tend to misunderstand it as my lack of will. However i believe that it is always better to know before you get to that situation where you'd ask yourself "i wish i knew that rule before'. And also because a person reserves all the right to know about the contractual terms on which he is getting inducted permanently so that it is all clear to him before hand.

Back
Top Bottom