What's new

A brief introduction.

Naram_Sin

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
A relatively longterm lurker, thought I might as well make my presence official.

For the questionaire:

1)Mostly analysis of the ongoing events in the Middle east.

2)By google, I tend to webquest often.

3)I,m mostly a consumer of information, but I see myself sharing some insights on certain matters.

4)I work in the health sector

5)Iraq

6)Baghdad

Thanks for having me.

A relatively longterm lurker, thought I might as well make my presence official.

For the questionaire:

1)Mostly analysis of the ongoing events in the Middle east.

2)By google, I tend to webquest often.

3)I,m mostly a consumer of information, but I see myself sharing some insights on certain matters.

4)I work in the health sector

5)Iraq

6)Baghdad

Thanks for having me.
Welcome to pdf

Welcome Mr Sin. You have got very scary profile pic. Could you please explain the concept behind it?

Thank you, the profile pic is thought to be of either that of Sargon of Akkad, one of mesopotamia's greatest kings or his grandson Naram_sin.

The stories of those 2 are many and you could read all about them, of interest is that stories of Sargon and Naram would serve as a precursor of many later legends.

Welcome, Naram_Sin.

What is the meaning of your user name and what is the situation like in Iraq about the Corona virus ??

Hello Jamahir, Naram_sin was an ancient king of mesopotamia and claimed to be a demi-god, mostly famous for his twin horned helmet which led some to believe he could be the twin horned king mentioned in the koran, thought that is unlikely to be true.

As for corona, the number of publicly announced cases is low, however people are being cautious and are generally afraid of reporting any symptoms, understandable as the poor measures and work ethic of health staff and health system overall means one may end up catching the virus from those very same health institutions that are supposed to protect them, the system is so inefficient it simply cannot handle a potential epidemic.

The prices of both surgical and n95 masks have jumped up to 6 or 8 times their pre-corona price , school vacations have also been extended, there is a general hope that the heat of summer would help curb its spread... temperatures here can exceed 50 during summer.

Welcome to pdf

Many thanks to you as well.

@Naram_Sin What topics are you really good at ? Would be helpful for me to tag in wherever required.

I cannot claim to be very good about any particular topic, specially with how knowledgable some of the people in here are. However being from Iraq I can give insights into the country and my personal take on regional events in the middle east.

I cannot claim to be very good about any particular topic, specially with how knowledgable some of the people in here are. However being from Iraq I can give insights into the country and my personal take on regional events in the middle east.
I have had mixed experiences with Iraqi People, some are too sweet, humble and friendly, some are hell rude and racist. There doesn’t seem to exist a “In Between” here.

I have had mixed experiences with Iraqi People, some are too sweet, humble and friendly, some are hell rude and racist. There doesn’t seem to exist a “In Between” here.

This is an interesting insight, mostly because it is true, you may have met more of the later than the first... though if we want to pay justice to the science of human behavior, its never that simple, they may be extremely rude online, yet extremely nice in person, immediate enviroment is key here, so are inherited behaviors from over a hundred years of instability, wars, isolation... etc.

This is an interesting insight, mostly because it is true, you may have met more of the later than the first... though if we want to pay justice to the science of human behavior, its never that simple, they may be extremely rude online, yet extremely nice in person, immediate enviroment is key here, so are inherited behaviors from over a hundred years of instability, wars, isolation... etc.
My experiences are in person tho. But i never minded.
However, welcome to you again.
Another Iraqi member here who is active sometimes is @Antaréss

Back
Top Bottom