What's new

A Brief History of The Warrior Rajputs

Where you are wrong is that the Brahmins would still be needed by those who professed Hinduism, and the Turkic rulers did not convert everyone to Islam. A few Brahmins may have been forced to convert in pockets where Muslims outnumbered the Hindus overwhelmingly, and their position might have been similar to what you describe. But wherever substantial Hindus resided, the Brahmins had no reason to convert to Islam.

My point is not Brahmins converted in mass to Islam, you are thick headed. I said Brahmins were lowest class during Muslim rule whether they converted is not the point because if they did they wouldn't be considered brahmins anymore anyway.

Brahmins who convert to islam do not become "Muslim Brahmins" just Muslims.

I think the Punjabi Brahmins were a strong community. The Mohyals are an example. And then Kauls, Khers, Rainas of Rawalpindi

Most surnames you mentioned are basically Kashmiri Brahmin lineages. Maybe they had spread wide in the Punjab before Turkic invasions.

And what do you mean by strong? As in, strong in numbers or strong in political or economic power.

That is not true it is known Buddhism was pushed out through killings as well. That is Indian blanket statement of saying all faith are dharmic so they are all the same which is not true Buddhism was actually a revolt against Hindu system.

Pusyamitra Sunga is one Hindu ruler who Buddhists say persecuted them.
You could be right.I have mentioned one Buddhist we will see what he has to say.

If Budhists all converted to Hinduism in india due to debates, then why not the Budhists outside india?
As far as i know Hindusim or Buddhism were not cosidered as religion or there was no concept of religion at that time so there is no question of Buddhists being converted to Hindusim but you could be right also.I have mentioned one Buddhist member here lets see what he has to say about this.

Most surnames you mentioned are basically Kashmiri Brahmin lineages. Maybe they had spread wide in the Punjab before Turkic invasions.

And what do you mean by strong? As in, strong in numbers or strong in politica.

Tl or economic power.

Not really, the Rainas were original Punjabi Brahmins. for example. They could have moved into Kashmir.

You mentioned @INDIC who is a known Bser and liar, I did not even know he was Buddhist though lol.
I have edited my post.Tshering22 is a buddhist.THere are more buddhist members here but i remmember only one name that is Tshering22.Not sure about Indic's religion.
As for Bsing,he only does that when Shan comes with his Aryan and Bhaiya crap or propoganda and keeps repeating the same thing again and again.

Going by this logic different provinces of Pakistan like Sindh,Baluchistan e.t.c. cannot claim collective Pakistani history.But anyway lets leave it here.

Tell me more about Gandhara,What do Indians say to you??

I do not get your logic. Indian say Gandhara is a part of Indian history your timeline seems to say so, I say how exactly?

And what do you mean by strong? As in, strong in numbers or strong in political or economic power.
strong in terms of influence, land ownership, education, culture, economics. They were a well respected community.

strong in terms of influence, land ownership, education, culture, economics. They were a well respected community.

The Brahmins you quoted were later migrants like the Indian said Kashmiri migrants. In Punjab the local Brahmins lost all influence under Muslim rule and never regained it even when Sikhs ruled Punjab.

My point is not Brahmins converted in mass to Islam, you are thick headed. I said Brahmins were lowest class during Muslim rule whether they converted is not the point because if they did they wouldn't be considered brahmins anymore anyway.

Brahmins who convert to islam do not become "Muslim Brahmins" just Muslims.

And you aren't getting my point either. The Brahmins worked outside the social status accorded by Turkic rulers. They were patronized not by Turkic rulers, but by the Hindu society, which depended on them for a number of ritualistic ablutions and obligations. Every major event, be it birth, marriage or death,( and many more minor events) for all Hindus necessitated a Brahmin. Do you seriously believe Brahmins lost their prestige or hold over the Hindu way of life just because the Rulers of the Land happened to be Muslim? The Muslim rulers sure as hell did not mandate a Maulvi to be stationed in place of a Brahmin at every temple.:lol:

And I believe a substantial number of Punjabi Brahmins too retain their surnames. Butt is a fairly common surname in Punjab, innit?

Ok i am out of this thread now as i am tired of posting.I will be a spectator from now on lol.Please dont start Bhaiya and Aryan crap again here lol.
I have to ask so many questions but i will ask them later. lol

And you aren't getting my point either. The Brahmins worked outside the social status accorded by Turkic rulers. They were patronized not by Turkic rulers, but by the Hindu society, which depended on them for a number of ritualistic ablutions and obligations. Every major event, be it birth, marriage or death,( and many more minor events) for all Hindus necessitated a Brahmin. Do you seriously believe Brahmins lost their prestige or hold over the Hindu way of life just because the Rulers of the Land happened to be Muslim? The Muslim rulers sure as hell did not mandate a Maulvi to be stationed in place of a Brahmin at every temple.:lol:

And I believe a substantial number of Punjabi Brahmins too retain their surnames. Butt is a fairly common surname in Punjab, innit?

did u say "innit"?

are you from England?

LOL Brahmins enjoyed a higher standing under Hindu Kingdoms in fact the highest whereas under Muslims they were treated like dirt by Muslims who were in power that was my point what they do in temples is irrelevant to my point. Ok I agree Hindus still needed brahmins but they lost all other influence and were looked down upon as lower than warriors like the Kshatriya or traders like Baniyas who Muslim rulers and society at large still catered too. Now if you still do not get it stop wasting my time because I have tried to explain it too you many times.

BuTT is an umbrella term used for ALL kashmiris, whether lone, dar, mir, rathore, etc.

Back
Top Bottom