What's new

A billionaire Musharraf paid no tax for years

In Pakistan we don't have to pay tax if you are working outside of your country and earn forign exchange. This is the policy of every nations of the world.

No it isn't. Many countries still assign taxes to wages earned outside of their respective country regardless of whether said individual was previously taxed or not.

When you are living outside of Pakistan , the income your earn is not subjected to taxation , that is same case in most countries.

However , you are still suppose to "Declare" that amount, and if a treaty exists between 2 nations that tax money is returned o the "Parent" country

In Pakistan , the problem is

a) They don't declare their foreign income while living in Pakistan and being in politics
b) They do not pay taxes while living inside Pakistan

The only solution to Pakistani Problem is

Taxation on all commodities (25-30% Tax)

a) Food , every time you buy groceries , you pay taxes, Phone , night party restaurant etc
b) Water
c) Utilities
d) Land , Property
e) Car ownership tax
f) Motor cycle ownership tax
g) Make up tax , clothes tax , TV tax , Cell phone tax
h) Taxi Tax , Rickshaw tax , illegal rickshaw should be collected and destroyed

Fixed 25%-30% tax collected

Exception: No Tax
Roti
Dal
Apple
School Fee

Businesses pay taxes as usual

Initially after the taxes are brought in there will be hardship , and people will complain , however in end the ones that work and pay the tax would have right to eat

Last edited:
How was he able to earn that hell load of money? And how he managed to transfer all this money to foreign banks? Man, our system is completely crap if there is any.. :hitwall:

US aid money is part of it (my conjecture). He should face serious charges if true.

Last edited:
He is the former CoAS and President of Pakistan. His pension alone makes up the money earned in Pakistan (the Rs 1.5M per year reported by no other than The News - a paper well known to be the propaganda arm of PML-N). Pension and gains from interest/profits earned on DSS (which are part of any senior serviceman's financial portfolio) are not taxed. These are basics that our less than illiterate media needs to understand.

He is retired and unless had other money being generated inside of Pakistan from business ventures aside from pension, he does not have to pay a paisa in taxes. The money he earns overseas is his to keep because Pakistan does not have any taxation laws for those earning abroad. Do you think the millions of Pakistanis who work overseas and send money back as repatriation pay any taxes? Nothing doing!

All the money he has earned for his lectures is his for the intellectual capital that he shares, unlike the other two bit actors in Pakistan who would not get called for an interview on a foreign news outlet let alone be invited to be on a lecture circuit.

This is the difference between the halaal earned finances of a Statesmen and the murghi chorr politicians in Pakistan who hide all the ill-gotten haram wealth that they have accumulated for their next seven generations.

I write in defence of Musharraf because I see outrageous and outright lies in the land of the pure being propagated about a man, who is personally incorruptible. Its the height of bhotaan and haraam to implicate someone of wrongdoing without the facts in front of us. All a part of PML-N's propaganda machinery as the man is down, so lets try to pile up all sorts of filth and lies/bhotaan in Islamic terms, on him. Its bound to rebound as divine justice has a way to sort things out.

He has delivered close to 60-80 lectures each paying him about $200-300K. Lets work out the jamma tafreeq and this less than genius investigative journalist (which by the way is a tauheen for this illustrious title to be bestowed upon these paid lackeys of the PML-N) of the News will have his answer on how he made his money.

No freaking wonder we are broke Rich and Generals arent taxed at all and on top of that what ever pennies that do come into FBR they get Tax free pension.:yahoo:

How was he able to earn that hell load of money? And how he managed to transfer all this money to foreign banks? Man, our system is completely crap if there is any.. :hitwall:

he must have sold our sovereignty to the American infidels although Nawaz Sherif had it reserved for our taliban brothers.
there is also a chance that he would have billions worth of loans written off... opps thats Nawaz & Zardari
or he might have minted money from Steel Mills... opps again its PPP

hmm he must have sold our souls to the Americans because he dont have any use for our souls anyway

His takes roundabout 300,000 dollars per lectures , so a huge amount can be made.
There are many angutha chaap(illiterates) who earn far more than him, ''somehow''
We should ask them too
those scum have swallowed entire banks and didnt even burp, they form the part of democracy so they cant be touched

Last edited:
1.Are all pensions in Pakistan , income tax-free? Regardless of the amount?
Yes Pension is tax free.

2.If a person makes investments in Pakistan (from salary or pension) is the income accruing on those investments also free of income tax?
Depends how much is earning. First pension amount is deducted from income and then yearly income is assessed. However, there are some exemptions for senior citizen i.e. people above 60 years. If the investment is in DSS or NSS then withholding is considered full and final.

3.If such a person (with a salary or pension) originating in Pakistan, resides outside the country and has income in his country of residence; then is that income not liable to income tax in Pakistan?
Payment made outside the country to a person residing outside the country for services rendered outside the country are subject to taxation according to the laws of country where he is residing. If that amount later remitted to Pakistan is not liable to be taxed. Those who are working in UAE, America, UK, Singapore, etc do not have to pay tax in Pakistan.

4.If that income outside of Pakistan is repatriated to Pakistan and is invested anywhere in Pakistan; then is that consequent income, free of income tax in Pakistan?
As above

General (retd) Pervez Musharraf whose billions in offshore accounts were unearthed by The News and who consumes millions of rupees from the public kitty for his security and is presently enjoying free treatment at the cost of taxpayers’ money and always talks about “Pakistan first”, does not pay even a single penny as tax.
The News is part of Jang Group, which has been known to spread rumors, incorrect news, inaccurate information and involved in anti state activities. Therefore it cannot be relied upon.

No freaking wonder we are broke Rich and Generals arent taxed at all and on top of that what ever pennies that do come into FBR they get Tax free pension.:yahoo:
The first ones to pay taxes in Pakistan are the armed forces. By the time I get my pay, the tax has already been deducted along with zakat in due time. It would be injustice to have paid taxes the entire service and then once in retirement, having to pay taxes again on the pension earned. Does not happen anywhere in the World but perhaps the Pakistani awaam, so hurt by the egregious excesses of their fauj, would like to set a new precedence of taxing their retired faujis again...so bismillah!

The first ones to pay taxes in Pakistan are the armed forces. By the time I get my pay, the tax has already been deducted along with zakat in due time. It would be injustice to have paid taxes the entire service and then once in retirement, having to pay taxes again on the pension earned. Does not happen anywhere in the World but perhaps the Pakistani awaam, so hurt by the egregious excesses of their fauj, would like to set a new precedence of taxing their retired faujis again...so bismillah!
Thumbs up. Likewise salaried class.

I am self employed and i am nailed every which way working or retired, plus i have zero benefits given to me by GOP. Serving armed forces benefits and perks are the highest in the whole country.Not to mention After retiring from military they simply move on to Crown corporations drawing salary and pension.

I am not sure about other countries but in North America and some European countries your retirement benefits are taxed. if your income is above a set level they are taxed .

LOL. What sources did the newspaper(Nawaz stooges run it) have? All BS just to divert attention of the public from real problems facing Pakistan.
Good try but it wont work.

Damn, not bad for a General!!

Points to some more worrying things in Pakistan though.

Back
Top Bottom