What's new

97% of the Chinese people like Pakistan according to a poll from Baidu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Hot and Sour soup and i LOOOOVE General Tso's chicken, with almonds inside.

man I could live on Chinese food. Where i live there are 4-5 different restaurants that all deliver within half hour. You should be warned though that the Chinese food we get in US or even in the restaurants in Pakistan is not REALLL Chinese food. It's good, but its not a 100% representation of what it's like in China. This is what my Chinese friends tell me. Maybe a Chinese brother here could confirm it.

General Tso's chicken, with almonds inside.

Dude those aren't almonds those are seseme seeds they sprinkle over the General Tso's chicken. Link below (I'm pretty sure this is what your typing about).

http://www.ptitchef.com/upload_data/feed_data_img/371113_1M.jpg

the Chinese food we get in US or even in the restaurants in Pakistan is not REALLL Chinese food. It's good, but its not a 100% representation of what it's like in China. This is what my Chinese friends tell me. Maybe a Chinese brother here could confirm it.

True, most Chinese take out/restaurants don't offer authentic Chinese cuisine. Unless you go to a quality Chinese restaurant there you can find some authentic cuisine prepared by actual Chefs.

You should be warned though that the Chinese food we get in US or even in the restaurants in Pakistan is not REALLL Chinese food. It's good, but its not a 100% representation of what it's like in China. This is what my Chinese friends tell me. Maybe a Chinese brother here could confirm it.

That's right buddy. It's hard to find good Chinese food outside of China, and I've travelled a lot.

It's not impossible though. If you ask a Chinese person, they'll be able to tell you which restaurants are closer to the real thing.

Dude those aren't almonds those are seseme seeds they sprinkle over the General Tso's chicken. Link below (I'm pretty sure this is what your typing about).

True, most Chinese take out/restaurants don't offer authentic Chinese cuisine. Unless you go to a quality Chinese restaurant there you can find some authentic cuisine prepared by actual Chefs.

if you want to try authentic chinese food just go to any chinese restaurants that serve dimsum.

if you want to try authentic chinese food just go to any chinese restaurants that serve dimsum.

Yeah, Chinese restaurants overseas often serve Cantonese cuisine, like Dim Sum.

Because the Cantonese were amongst the first Chinese immigrants to go overseas.

But the other regional cuisines are catching up very quickly now.

That's right buddy. It's hard to find good Chinese food outside of China, and I've travelled a lot.

It's not impossible though. If you ask a Chinese person, they'll be able to tell you which restaurants are closer to the real thing.

Come to Malaysia before you say that. We have a huge Chinese population and some awesome Chinese food :azn:

On topic, most of the Chinese people I have met have no interest in Pakistan or India and are more interested in making money and improving their lifes :)

We like them........They like us..............God bless us both.

@Food.............well the hotels n restaurants owned by Pakistani Chinese people have awesome chinese food.

Come to Malaysia before you say that. We have a huge Chinese population and some awesome Chinese food :azn:

On topic, most of the Chinese people have no interest in Pakistan or India and are more interested in making money and improving their lifes :)

masian food is a mixtured of chinese indian and malay they called it fusion i think.

On topic, most of the Chinese people have no interest in Pakistan or India and are more interested in making money and improving their lifes :)

You're absolutely right buddy. I should have said that Singapore and Malaysia are the exceptions, due to the large Chinese diaspora there.

I have some family members who live in Kuala Lumpur, so I've had a lot of chances to taste the Malaysian Chinese cuisine. It's great, and usually more spicy than normal Chinese food. :azn:

Cashews, not almonds....

but i know what sesame seeds are yaar! :D

True. But i like it reasonably quick and simple.

love to visit pakistan , but hearing all this bombing kind of scare.

This is Malaysian Chinese cuisine:

800px-Penangckt.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Char_kway_teow

Absolutely delicious. :D

I also like this a lot, but it is very spicy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laksa

Of course, brightly coloured lemon chicken isn't really representative of the cuisine. China is a big country, the food is as varied as the climate. You should make it a life task to try each single one at a authentic restaurant.

That said I kind like Hot and Sour soup as well.

well i like my food spicy so I think the food of Szechuan will suit me fine. But yes, it must be interesting to see the different array of foods offered it is indeed a HUUGE country.

and a major part of culture is the cuisine

well i like japanese food, that doesnt use fake chicken... and jap food is alot healthier

oh quit being such a tree-hugging hippy, go eat your organic oatmeal

fake chicken? where do you come up with that?

as for Japanese food --yes it is very good as well. One thing i've learned about myself: i love sushi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom