What's new

96.5% kids in india go to school

Nice to see that there are more Indians in schools than there are Chinese, South Koreans and Japanese in school combined.

/Sarcasm.

UNICEF= INDIA
Youth (15-24 years) literacy rate (%), 2005-2010*, male=88%
Youth (15-24 years) literacy rate (%), 2005-2010*, female=75%
UNICEF=PAKISTAN
LITTERACY RATE IS 49%
Dude, don't compare, they will play "Sub Sahara Poverty" Card ;)

Where did my comment mention anything about Pakistan?

800px-WorldMapLiteracy2011.png

Where did my comment mention anything about Pakistan?
SO WHERE IS THIS THREAD MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT CHINA ,SOUTH KOREA AND JAPAN ?:undecided:
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT NO. OF KIDS GOING IN SCHOOL IN LAST 3 YEARS NOT ABOUT OVERALL LITERACY RATE .FIRST READ WHOLE THREAD .:hitwall:
INDIA'S OVERALL LITERACY RATE IS 75% AND YOUTH LITTERACY RATE ACCORDING TO UNICEF -
UNICEF= INDIA
Youth (15-24 years) literacy rate (%), 2005-2010*, male=88%
Youth (15-24 years) literacy rate (%), 2005-2010*, female=75%
http://http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/india_statistics.html

And FWIW its up to 96.7% in 2011( up 0.2%). Now we need to work on the disparity between Girls and Boys, and convert the 1 or 2% enrolled in Madrassas to normal modern education system.

4q1pp0.jpg

This btw is for Rural population, in Urban areas its close to 98%. :agree:

What happened to your face just two days prior to retirement? Started feeling the effect already.. :lol:

Its the tension mate, all that stress marks on my face:lol:

If this number was close to 70%, you India would have enough reason to celebrate but 96.5% looks too unrealistic to believe.

If this number was close to 70%, you India would have enough reason to celebrate but 96.5% looks too Israeli to believe.
MY FRIEND READ POST NO #83..AND MY FRIEND ACCORDING TO GENSUS 2011 INDIA'S OVERALL LITERACY RATE IS 74.4% .

Here is some info from the ASER website

The overview has link to the methods they use, you can even query the data
ASER Centre - Assessment Survey Evaluation Research Centre, New Delhi, India - What we do - ASER survey

It's primary school enrollment. Remember Right to Education and Miday Meal schemes are new.

IMO it's the mid day meal scheme which has made the difference. The poor families primarily send their kids to have food, education is a bonus

Mid day meal schemes are there in TN since 1950...
Its a pity, that its just adopted in many states, now.. And so large population are going to school for the 1st time.. It makes a difference....

I don't see it happening around me. Although its a very small sample size, but when I see the kids of the laborers near my home roam around the place all day, I shudder to think the way things would be in rural areas. Are we even able to build schools in the jungles of the Naxal affected areas? In many of these places hospitals are on an average 25 kms away from a village. And even if we build govt. schools, would we find teachers brave enough to venture there?

Yes, we have to an extent, I have lived for years in the most backward distt. of M. P. a backward state itself relatively and there also we have good enough numbers of schools. The main issue is these Prelim schools have many teachers who themselves are hardly 12th passed or are in the JOB via having a fake degree or from correspondence courses.. They want the steady income, govt job, once they have it then they don't really care much about children and thus fail to spark the light of education and enthusiasm in most of the children and they don't fully get the true importance of education.

Back
Top Bottom