What's new

9 Turks taken hostage in Afghanistan by Taliban

funny

In Syria the Turks support Al Quida, in Afghanistan they get captured by Al Quida's little brothers.

Hope they get released. Nobody deserves to be in the hands of a bunch of wahabi animals. I just wish Turkey wasn't so short sighted to support the same animals in Syria.

funny

In Syria the Turks support Al Quida, in Afghanistan they get captured by Al Quida's little brothers.

Hope they get released. Nobody deserves to be in the hands of a bunch of wahabi animals. I just wish Turkey wasn't so short sighted to support the same animals in Syria.

Al-Qaeda and FSA are different things. So you can't accuse Turkey with supporting terrorism. Plus Iran has one of the dirtiest histories when it comes to supporting terrorism. So please stay on topic.

Back to topic, thanks for the last part of your comment.

US classifies taliban based on those who are ready to negotiate and those who are not...On the other hand for pakistanis the good taliban are the ones who attack ISAF/ANA and the bad taliban are the ones who attack pakistanis..All this while recieving reimbursements from USA to fights TTP..Can you see the difference..?

Its or more or less the same thing.....from military Installations to public places....Taliban have targetted them all in Pakistan........and many of them are the ones who are in the good books of USA......So Its a tit for tat game and thats not it......Americans have a major contribution to the terrorism surge in Pakistan by just allowing the terrorists from Afghanistan to flood Pakistan and do what they do best. Given to your nationality, your slanted interpretation of these affairs is quite understandable. However, the thread isnt about Pakistan and if you cannot respect the forum rules then I will have to report you......i can easily quote sources of indian involvement in terrorist activities in Pakistan.....but fighting a cyber war is not my thing.

Same goes for USA.....they also carry a list of Good and bad Talibans.... So at the end of the day it all boils down to INTERESTS.

Our stance hasn’t change against terrorism. We’ve said this before and say it again; we cannot give a free pass to those who are killing innocent people in their bid to destabilize the region. We refuse to bow down to the terrorists who think they can break our will with their acts of terror. At the same time, the door remains open to those who are willing to lay down their weapons and abide by the rule of law. We reiterate what Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in regard to this matter, “Insurgents must renounce violence, abandon al Qaeda, and abide by the constitution of Afghanistan, including its protections for women and minorities. If insurgents cannot meet those red-lines, they will face continued and unrelenting assault."

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Its or more or less the same thing.....from military Installations to public places....Taliban have targetted them all in Pakistan........and many of them are the ones who are in the good books of USA......So Its a tit for tat game and thats not it......Americans have a major contribution to the terrorism surge in Pakistan by just allowing the terrorists from Afghanistan to flood Pakistan and do what they do best. Given to your nationality, your slanted interpretation of these affairs is quite understandable. However, the thread isnt about Pakistan and if you cannot respect the forum rules then I will have to report you......i can easily quote sources of indian involvement in terrorist activities in Pakistan.....but fighting a cyber war is not my thing.

Which all pakistani terorist organisations are in "good books of USA"..?That is just a conspiracy theory spawn by pakistanis who need to justify their support to afghan taliban..

funny

So, according to such a logic, I presume that Iran is in support of Al Qeda by supporting Hamas and Hezbullah.

Which all pakistani terorist organisations are in "good books of USA"..?That is just a conspiracy theory spawn by pakistanis who need to justify their support to afghan taliban..

Its not just Pakistanis who are privy to ground realities.........Even Karzai who is Americans righthand man blasted USA for having links with Taliban.

For those didn't heard Taliban already released first four Turkish hostages and they arrived to Turkish embassy in Kabil yesterday.Now with today's news they say other four Turkish hostages will be released but whatever happens to one Afghan translator , one Russian pilot and one Krygyz Turk pilot unknown.

Taliban vow to release remaining Turkish hostages

Taliban insurgent leaders pledged on Monday to release the final four Turkish engineers held hostage since their helicopter crashed in eastern Afghanistan last month.

Four other Turkish engineers aboard the helicopter were freed on Sunday, three weeks after the crash in Logar province, a Taliban stronghold south of the capital Kabul.

The Taliban said in an emailed statement that the four had been released as a "goodwill, humanitarian gesture and as a sign of respect to the Muslim people of Turkey".

"The other four will be released in the near future," it added.

The Islamist militants made no reference to a Russian, a Kyrgyz national and an Afghan also taken hostage after the crash-landing.

At a rally in Istanbul on Sunday, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan revealed that the four engineers had been released after efforts led by Turkish intelligence officers.

The men were freed in a remote area of Nangarhar province, which borders Pakistan, local officials told AFP, adding that tribal elders had acted as mediators with the Taliban.

The seizure was the largest abduction of foreigners in almost six years and highlighted Afghanistan's continuing insecurity as NATO combat troops prepare to pull out next year.

MIDEAST - Taliban vow to release remaining Turkish hostages

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom