What's new

84-year-old retired bank employee donates life savings of Rs one crore to Armed Forces

If government is broke and need help for arm forces then they should put some taxes like kargil and lower their tone and make less enemy

If government is broke and need help for arm forces then they should put some taxes like kargil and lower their tone and make less enemy

Is there a Tax called Kargil ?

Show me

Any patriotic Indian should focus on sanitation, caste conflicts and women's right. It's #1 enemy is from within.

All pales in comparison to Chairman Mao and his streak of 60 million dead Chinese.

Anyways i don't want National defense fund to hire models for parades like PLA.

https://www.greenleft.org.au/content/kargil-war-post-mortem

Aug 18, 1999 - This was the Indian establishment's consensus on the Kargil crisis. ... Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) claims it .... billion by imposing a levy (called the "Kargil tax") on individual income tax, ...

IMHO, it was passed but not imposed by govt because after war Indian economy picked up pace.

PKR 2.5 crore? are you sure?

Maybe PKR 2 crore. I just did conversion on the fly, not necessarily through exchange rates. But if you count in inflation, then its okay.

Maybe PKR 2 crore. I just did conversion on the fly, not necessarily through exchange rates. But if you count in inflation, then its okay.

Don't put too much pressure on your brain for a simple conversion.. Let's just stick to INR 1 crore. No USD or PKR

Chinese also donate but I've never heard any one donated money to defense industry. They usually donate money into education, poverty relief, infrastructure and health care.

Chinese also donate but I've never heard any one donated money to defense industry. They usually donate money into education, poverty relief, infrastructure and health care.
Chinese soldiers are not getting killed by neighbor sponsored terrorist acts. Besides, in education, poverty relief and infrastructure, there is massive govt spending already, apart from individual as well as charity organisations' funding. Health care is a different story. Govt hospitals are terribly low in numbers as well as facilities, and private hospitals are a big business (they are more interested in earning millions of dollars by treating foreign pateints than paying any attention to poors).

You took insult to PKR too seriously.:lol:

lol..what insult?

I was amazed by your knowledge of currency conversion and thought it needs to be corrected. A simple google search would have given you your answer.

That's why i said inflation or cost of living has to be factored in. Infact Pakistan as a major importing nation, conversion is not so cut and dried.

In Pakistan, cost of

Suzuki-Mehran-VXR-Euro-II-1.jpg

= cost of in India

Tata-TIGOR-Brown-Color-Espresso-Brown-Color.jpg

thumbnail_cropped.jpg

so according to your theory 1 crore inr = 2.5 crore pkr? It was never about inflation or anything but a simple matter of wrong currency conversion. But seeing your stubbornness about admitting a simple calculation mistake, lets stick to the topic.

Good to support your soldiers!

BUT where did a bank clerk get Rs 1 crore!? He'd have to have been an undercover Warren Buffett to have made it from investments lol

Good to support your soldiers!

BUT where did a bank clerk get Rs 1 crore!? He'd have to have been an undercover Warren Buffett to have made it from investments lol
Its called compounding. The most powerful force in the universe. Must have made FDRs 60 years back or bought few land lots. It used to be dead cheap back then 10-20 Rs per square feet.

Charity is good but I am feeling sad for the old chap since this money would be going to used against Kashmiri Muslims and poor Naxals.
He unknowingly going to be part of innocent killings.

No, the money will be used to protect the army and fellow Indian citizens from terrorists and bandits.

Back
Top Bottom