What's new

8-yr-old girl married off to a frog in TN

I think silly marriages like these came when tribal cults mixed into the mainstream Hindu culture.
I don't think the first three vedas(these are much older and form standard practices of Hinduism). The last veda talks of black arts and stuff among other things.
But silly marriages were performed in royal families too to avoid fall-outs of prophecies like 'Whoever marries this girl dies'.

But all this today? seriously?!!! I only hope the girl can remarry a normal man at the right age.

This is just a Harmless superstition followed by a very very tiny minority of Hindus. No need to generalize it to the whole of the Hindu culture or the Indian nation.

Now I understand your hindu character....if a hindu marrys a pig or frog, it's only a little minority but if there is a terror attack by the Taliban,all muslims are the same?!:crazy:

Somewhat common practise in rural India.
A girl is deemed 'mangalik' and her husband will die after marriage.
Solution, marry the 'mangalik' girl to a dog,cat,frog whatever and the poor animal spouse will succumb (Where is the SPCA when you need them :victory:)
Then the girl becomes cured and can marry a normal two legged person.
I believe same happened with the Aishwarya-Abhiskhek marriage, with Aishwarya marrying a banana plant (asumed to be living , I presume)
Find a movie called 'Welcome to Sajjanpur' with your local DVDwalla. Apart from being a damn fine rural Indian movie, it has a similar scene with Divya Dutta almost marrying a dog :bunny:

Somewhat common practise in rural India.
A girl is deemed 'mangalik' and her husband will die after marriage.
Solution, marry the 'mangalik' girl to a dog,cat,frog whatever and the poor animal spouse will succumb (Where is the SPCA when you need them :victory:)
Then the girl becomes cured and can marry a normal two legged person.
I believe same happened with the Aishwarya-Abhiskhek marriage, with Aishwarya marrying a banana plant (asumed to be living , I presume)
Find a movie called 'Welcome to Sajjanpur' with your local DVDwalla. Apart from being a damn fine rural Indian movie, it has a similar scene with Divya Dutta almost marrying a dog :bunny:

The only problem with your explanation is that the girl doesn't look more than 10-11.

Maybe if she kisses the frog, he will change into a prince :rofl::rofl:

Indian culture has many many functions having some idea behind it. Family gathers cook nice food along with....let me tell few more festivals we (not all hindu families)....
gals maturity is a big celebrity; boys first haircut (around age of 3) is a big celebrity; kids first foot step is a big celebrity; kids eating rice for the first time is a big celebirty; kids going out of home crossing the doors its own is a big celebrity; ..all these makes parents pocket empty as they have throw a party of these!!!

The only problem with your explanation is that the girl doesn't look more than 10-11.

Man, in rural India (and in Pakistan also I presume) , this is the best age to get married :lol: I know a 16 year old in rural India who thinks she is over the hill ! You know how is it with women (with their biological clocks ticking !! ) Not her fault anyways, most guys her age are already hitched ! :P

Man, in rural India (and in Pakistan also I presume) , this is the best age to get married :lol: I know a 16 year old in rural India who thinks she is over the hill ! You know how is it with women (with their biological clocks ticking !! ) Not her fault anyways, most guys her age are already hitched ! :P

Lol makes sense. Besides, it's always hard to decipher cultural trends and rituals.

Thousands of years' old superstitions still at work in India.

Marrying to dogs, trees, frogs and God knows what else.

Back
Top Bottom