What's new

8 Science Fiction Movies to Watch in 2014

Come with me to break into his house, and paint our names in the walls of his rooms. You name can be on the bathroom ceiling.

i think my name will look good on main entrance door...may be your name will suit on bathroom ceiling....imagine the guy is showering under "skull and bones" :yay:

'The Rocket' Takes a Lucky Flight

This coming of age tale follows the life of a boy who wants to build and enter a rocket into a dangerous competition in Laos. He needs to prove to himself and his family that he isn't bad luck. "The Rocket" won three awards at the Tribeca Film Festival.

Build a Spaceship with 'The LEGO Movie'

Okay, it's not pure sci-fi per se, but there are the vintage LEGO spaceships that captured our hearts as kids. "The LEGO Movie" follows the adventures of a normal LEGO guy named Emmet (voiced by Chris Pratt) as he makes his way through the vast brick-built universe trying to save his friends and the planet. The movie also features Benny (voiced by Charlie Day), a spaceman obsessed with building his complicated LEGO spaceship to help his friends. The blue character is a call back to an early line of cosmic LEGO toys, and is sure to delight space fans of all ages.

'Under the Skin' Brings Aliens and Horror Together Again

"Under the Skin" looks intense. The movie follows an alien (Scarlett Johansson) as she makes her way around Scotland leaving dead hitchhikers in her wake. The trailer ends with what looks like the intact skin of a person floating in blackness. Creepy.

Repeat Each Day with 'Edge of Tomorrow'

The action movie "Edge of Tomorrow" is like "Groundhog Day" brought into the science fiction realm. Tom Cruise stars as a soldier forced to endlessly repeat his last day in a raging alien war. He starts to use each day as a way to become more skilled and continues fighting the same battle again and again.

Fly Through Space with 'Jupiter Ascending'

Jupiter Jones (played by Mila Kunis) is destined for cosmic greatness. Although Jupiter works as a toilet cleaner without much luck, she dreams of the stars. She is the next person in line for an inheritance that could balance the cosmos, according to a plot description. Because of this, the "Queen of the Universe" wants her destroyed.

'Earth to Echo' Phones Home

"Earth to Echo" is about a band of kids that run across an amazing cosmic find: an alien that has landed on Earth and needs help. They find the alien after getting strange messages on their cellphones.

Run with the 'Guardians of the Galaxy'

From the looks of the trailer, "Guardians of the Galaxy" is going to be fun. Based on a comic book of the same name, the story follows Peter Quill (also known as Star-Lord), who stole an orb sought out by the evil villain Ronan. Quill teams up with a band of misfit heroes (including a bipedal raccoon named Rocket) to stop Ronan, who threatens the safety of the universe.

'Interstellar' Launches into Theaters

The newest film from acclaimed director Christopher Nolan ("Inception"), "Interstellar" explores a future where governments have collapsed and NASA is merely a memory. When a rip in spacetime opens, the remnants of the space agency must explore it to "offer up hope for humanity," according to a movie description. The plot is based on the ideas of Kip Thorne, a theoretical physicist at CalTech.

@levina @Alpha1 @Parul @DRAY @Indischer @jarves @Dem!god @desert warrior @45'22' @Juice @wolfschanzze @Aamna14 @gslv mk3 @chak de INDIA @scorpionx @shuntmaster
@timetravel @Srinivas
guardians of galaxy trailer was good
i m gonna watch it

Come with me to break into his house, and paint our names in the walls of his rooms. You name can be on the bathroom ceiling.

Well, Normally I do not take bath while lying on my back on bath room floor.......:D, but you can write your name on bedroom ceiling and bath room walls.....:P

My favorite sci-fi flick.:drag:

"Giant Robot" was the title on DD when I was a child!!

How did you know I loved Sci-Fi? Loved "Pandorum" (think that's the name....crazy guys on a colony ship that crashed under water...)

Last edited:
Build a Spaceship with 'The LEGO Movie'

Okay, it's not pure sci-fi per se, but there are the vintage LEGO spaceships that captured our hearts as kids. "The LEGO Movie" follows the adventures of a normal LEGO guy named Emmet (voiced by Chris Pratt) as he makes his way through the vast brick-built universe trying to save his friends and the planet. The movie also features Benny (voiced by Charlie Day), a spaceman obsessed with building his complicated LEGO spaceship to help his friends. The blue character is a call back to an early line of cosmic LEGO toys, and is sure to delight space fans of all ages.

Another wunderkind and his path to glory........like the crappy Ender's Game, epically boring After Earth and that movie where robots are ring fighters controlled by people weren't enough.

'Under the Skin' Brings Aliens and Horror Together Again

"Under the Skin" looks intense. The movie follows an alien (Scarlett Johansson) as she makes her way around Scotland leaving dead hitchhikers in her wake. The trailer ends with what looks like the intact skin of a person floating in blackness. Creepy.

Meh, Johansson is overrated, and floating skins and corpses is reminiscent of Event Horizon and the whole hot woman-alien was used to death in Species......

Repeat Each Day with 'Edge of Tomorrow'

The action movie "Edge of Tomorrow" is like "Groundhog Day" brought into the science fiction realm. Tom Cruise stars as a soldier forced to endlessly repeat his last day in a raging alien war. He starts to use each day as a way to become more skilled and continues fighting the same battle again and again.

Will probably have great SFX and most likely that church of Cruise will also find him a suitable young actress to act with, most likely after she converted and sucked cock to their clergy. Well, to those that aren't fags anyway.

Fly Through Space with 'Jupiter Ascending'

Jupiter Jones (played by Mila Kunis) is destined for cosmic greatness. Although Jupiter works as a toilet cleaner without much luck, she dreams of the stars. She is the next person in line for an inheritance that could balance the cosmos, according to a plot description. Because of this, the "Queen of the Universe" wants her destroyed.

Evil queen? Alice in Wonderland much? Coincidentally also featuring Kunis! Some epic originality there.......

'Earth to Echo' Phones Home

"Earth to Echo" is about a band of kids that run across an amazing cosmic find: an alien that has landed on Earth and needs help. They find the alien after getting strange messages on their cellphones.

Oh lol.........every kid's fantasy! Mine too! Done to death from the mid 80's onward, starting with Flight of the Navigator......

Run with the 'Guardians of the Galaxy'

From the looks of the trailer, "Guardians of the Galaxy" is going to be fun. Based on a comic book of the same name, the story follows Peter Quill (also known as Star-Lord), who stole an orb sought out by the evil villain Ronan. Quill teams up with a band of misfit heroes (including a bipedal raccoon named Rocket) to stop Ronan, who threatens the safety of the universe.

Actually haven't formed an opinion on this yet......On one hand it's probably gonna suck as it is a comic based plot, on the other hand, the bipedal racoon might have an interesting personality.

'Interstellar' Launches into Theaters

The newest film from acclaimed director Christopher Nolan ("Inception"), "Interstellar" explores a future where governments have collapsed and NASA is merely a memory. When a rip in spacetime opens, the remnants of the space agency must explore it to "offer up hope for humanity," according to a movie description. The plot is based on the ideas of Kip Thorne, a theoretical physicist at CalTech.

Also don't know much about this, but if it's the quality of Inception, i'll be satisifed. Though "rip in specetime" already sounds cheap!

Back
Top Bottom