What's new

73 killed as Maoists ambush CRPF team

My condolence goes to the families of those part of the CRPF team.

My well wishes to the GoP and its people to combat the growing Maoist threat.

LOL I think you meant GOI.

And guys pls don't jump on Chidambaram.Let the dust settle.

RIP to the dead.

Thousands of paramilitary troops, including the Combat Battalion for Resolute Action (Cobra) - the special force raised to tackle the Maoist insurgency in India - have been deployed in the operation.
Battle lines are drawn as the security forces take position to "liberate the forests" from the armed Maoist guerrillas.
The region has seen several violent incidents, including the killing of a member of parliament, Sunil Mahato of the state's governing Jharkhand Mukti Morcha party.
Last August, the insurgents killed 11 security personnel in the Burudih area in a powerful landmine explosion.
The rebels also blew up railway tracks derailing the prestigious Rajdhani Express train.

Villagers say they are caught in the crossfire
"This is a crucial operation," says senior police official Anup Birtharay.
The operation is focused on the northern side of the district which shares its borders with Lalgarh forests in neighbouring West Bengal state.
In the south, the district borders the state of Orissa, another hotbed of Maoist insurgency.
"The geographical outlay of this region is such that it has always been an easy haven for the Maoist guerrillas. Carrying out a major offensive against the police or the civilians, the guerrillas move easily to the bordering states. This make the task before security forces much more difficult," Mr Birtharay says.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to BBC not only police and para military but combat battalion (special forces) are also involved in the operation!!!!

BBC News - Battling the Maoists in Jharkhand

None taking any serious actions. All those operations are not to uproot Maoists but to show Indian public that we are there. Some of the political parties openly supporting them as well as some so called 'intellectuals'.

One need to understand why in those places there is political support for Naxalites??? why is that????

Whatever those idiot naxalites have done today is utter pathetic... but one needs to understand the realities on the ground...
When Indira Gandhi did the land reforms in the 1970's , those reforms were effective in every place other than those places where there is naxalism now, states like Bihar and Andrapradesh didn't apply these reforms at that time... there is huge difference between rich and poor in these places...

We really need to think about even distribution of wealth before it goes to worst....
Probably spirituallity has the answer... We Indians are known for spirituality, these days we are becoming too much materialistic by following the West...

100% correct!

Really sad day for India!!! Let those cowards touch a hair of Rahul baba, the whole Indian govt will pi$$ in their pants. But here these were bloody general police and public, where is the time for Chidu to act!!! He simply felt 'sorry'! Thats it. Same goes for Mamta and other political parties.

For some mystical reason the Congress govt is not ready to go for all out strike against Maoists!!! May be because they are not Congress strong holds! Congress is taking political benefits from the red menace! why they will bother about India. :devil:

she will not allow congress to move and they have to save there seats

Mamata-Banerjee302.jpg

come on who care nation now peoples will forget all the things in few days as forgot 26/11 attack on Parliament,Delhi blast ,mumbai blast

031308rip2.gif

JuStIcE WiLl bE sErVeD :sniper::sniper: aNd iT WiLl NoT Be PlEaSaNt fOr mAoIsT ******fEkKeRs

"YoU lIvE In OuR hEaRtS aNd mIndS
yOu HaVe fAlLeN FoR US, bUt NeVeR fOrGoToN"
:cry::cry::cry:

Mr mallu,

Remember under BJP we won Kargil! There was no internal turmoil like Maoists, its all what Congress has been upto, as BJP surges in South and to win West Bengal Elections!

I would suggest u stop worshiping Italians, and open ur eyes to see facts how Congress inaction is deeply conceived in the idea of using Maoists to their tune to get their rivals out similar to khalistani movement in punjab!

Congress party is like devil!
Say whatever u wanna say! U will get a befitting reply, as after todays incident Congress has lost all respect in my eyes!

:sniper: :sick: Congress/Maoists/Communist/Marxists/Stalinists/leninists
I have opened my eyes and became strong follower of your party and your leader

Using the air force and the army against its own people? Bloody fascists. It is an unfortunate incident, all forms of violence need to be condemned. But its not like the GOI didnt ask for it. Why is it using paramilitary forces against the tribals? So that the tribals are forced to leave their lands and the mining companies like Vedanta move in? Is that why Chidambaram - a former board member in Vedanta's India subsidiary - keeps talking about the Maoists?

What the GOI is doing is illegal. The Tribals are protected by the 5th schedule of the constitution. The GOI can't sign agreements that forces tribals being usurped from their lands. Operation Greenhunt is nothing more an attempt to allow capitalists living in foreign nations to exploit our resources. So that people like Chidmabaram can have a comfortable retirement. If we are really patriots we need to wake up and oppose the governments actions. Stop the war against its own people and start peace talks now. Oppose operation greenhunt.

PS- i await with great anticipation the reply of people brainwashed by the media who will not like what i have had to so. Bring it on.

Remember under BJP we won Kargil! There was no internal turmoil like Maoists,

The maoists have been active since the 60s. Stop talking like an ignorant fool.

One need to understand why in those places there is political support for Naxalites??? why is that????

Whatever those idiot naxalites have done today is utter pathetic... but one needs to understand the realities on the ground...
When Indira Gandhi did the land reforms in the 1970's , those reforms were effective in every place other than those places where there is naxalism now, states like Bihar and Andrapradesh didn't apply these reforms at that time... there is huge difference between rich and poor in these places...

We really need to think about even distribution of wealth before it goes to worst....
Probably spirituallity has the answer... We Indians are known for spirituality, these days we are becoming too much materialistic by following the West...

Who said development is not required for those areas? Everyone is agreed about that. But the political parties have connections with the Maoists to uproot the current non-UPA govts in Maoists infested states. Take the example of West Bengal, here Mamta di will not allow any major operation until she become CM of West Begal. She will use Maoist against Lefts of Bengal. Those Lefts are worse though! Andhra Pradesh is lot more silent because Maoist lost everything there with massive coordinated strikes from the govt forces.

70 jawans died mean its a serious crime against the nation of India, they deserve appropriate answer. Land reform, unequal distribution of wealth will not work here.

Development is a must but with a stick in the hand. These cowards must learn something.

she will not allow congress to move and they have to save there seats

Mamata-Banerjee302.jpg

come on who care nation now peoples will forget all the things in few days as forgot 26/11 attack on Parliament,Delhi blast ,mumbai blast

She is using Maoist to uproot Left govt in WB. She can do anything to get the seat!

Attacking using militry would only offend more sympathizers of naxals which you guys say are in millions. Using local police and local people who are from the same area is the best option to get these guys down. Militry operations are never successful until unless locals are with you but fact on ground is they are currently not.

Pakistan was able to get TTP out after TTP lost its support within the people they were ruling over. At that stage locals were asked to leave the entire area and Army got them successfully down. This is the only feasible way to kill terrorists but if India started militry campaign without gaining support of locals on ground, its only going to turn into yet another Afghanistan and America game and more and more sympathizers turning into gorilla fighters and blowing back with more strength than now.

Using the air force and the army against its own people? Bloody fascists. It is an unfortunate incident, all forms of violence need to be condemned. But its not like the GOI didnt ask for it. Why is it using paramilitary forces against the tribals? So that the tribals are forced to leave their lands and the mining companies like Vedanta move in? Is that why Chidambaram - a former board member in Vedanta's India subsidiary - keeps talking about the Maoists?

What the GOI is doing is illegal. The Tribals are protected by the 5th schedule of the constitution. The GOI can't sign agreements that forces tribals being usurped from their lands. Operation Greenhunt is nothing more an attempt to allow capitalists living in foreign nations to exploit our resources. So that people like Chidmabaram can have a comfortable retirement. If we are really patriots we need to wake up and oppose the governments actions. Stop the war against its own people and start peace talks now. Oppose operation greenhunt.

PS- i await with great anticipation the reply of people brainwashed by the media who will not like what i have had to so. Bring it on.

Bro, some of your point is valid but Maoist are no saint either.

I do not find any reason behind blowing up hospitals. Also GoI offered the rebel groups for a talk. The maoist are the ones who went against it. I am not defending the govt however I do not fully agree with you.

As for the media biasness, there are ample media houses in support of them. Offtopic but, I think rightist ideology is the only one which does not have media support.

Feel free to disagree with me.

Who said development is not required for those areas? Everyone is agreed about that. But the political parties have connections with the Maoists to uproot the current non-UPA govts in Maoists infested states. Take the example of West Bengal, here Mamta di will not allow any major operation until she become CM of West Begal. She will use Maoist against Lefts of Bengal. Those Lefts are worse though! Andhra Pradesh is lot more silent because Maoist lost everything there with massive coordinated strikes from the govt forces.

70 jawans died mean its a serious crime against the nation of India, they deserve appropriate answer. Land reform, unequal distribution of wealth will not work here.

Development is a must but with a stick in the hand. These cowards must learn something.

I didn't talk about the development.... go through my post again....
And I condemn the killings.... again go though my previous post...
In these parts Rich are very rich, and poor are very poor....... that is the main reason the naxalites are getting the support...

The core problem is the cheap politics.

There is no cooperation or lack of it from state governments.

Before getting emotional and blaming chidambaram for it, one must realize that law and order is state subject and as per constitution of India, govt. of India can not do much, other than providing extra troops, materials etc.

It is local/state police and intelligence network have to work jointly as well oiled machinery.

And as Maoist flee to another state if one state govt. take strict action.

We need the joint operation by all the state government, police, intelligence and as well as central govt.

Justin Sir,

I beg to differ here with you, Maoists and other national issues such as cross-border terrorism etc, are not law and order problem But are national threat, directly under Central Govt.Obviously, Not a State issue at all!

Its complete failure and laxity of Central Govt. as maoist problem runs through many states and its totally taken care by Central Govt. This is the policy of Pro-Naxalism by Trinamool and Congress during Nandigram!
So u can clearly see who is hand in glove with terrorists for meager political gains!

Attacking using militry would only offend more sympathizers of naxals which you guys say are in millions. Using local police and local people who are from the same area is the best option to get these guys down. Militry operations are never successful until unless locals are with you but fact on ground is they are currently not.

Pakistan was able to get TTP out after TTP lost its support within the people they were ruling over. At that stage locals were asked to leave the entire area and Army got them successfully down. This is the only feasible way to kill terrorists but if India started militry campaign without gaining support of locals on ground, its only going to turn into yet another Afghanistan and America game and more and more sympathizers turning into gorilla fighters and blowing back with more strength than now.

India is not using any military forces against Maoist only CRPF and police. But the failures are due to...

1) Political will
2) Proper coordination among different states
3) Intelligent failure

Back
Top Bottom