What's new

£700,000 to buy letters which 'prove national hero Gandhi was gay'

it does, doesn't ? & the super hyper incredible power indians have made it very clear by buying those letters in a hush hush manner.

by the way thx for the one month ban i enjoyed it can't have asked for anything better :)

kindly explain why ?
Its kinda obvious if you post against father of a nation and expect the posters of that nation not to lash out. No matter what the news is, what the truth is, one should be careful...coz what goes around, comes around.:meeting:

I think many posters will start bashing each other's country over this matter without even reading the news.:drag:

He shared a loving relationship with Kallenbach .He used to write letters to Kallenbach which talked about his wife and the Indian independence movement .If anything it only goes against the attempts at proving that he was gay.

Loving relationship can exist between two men . Here in the East men can love each other without being gay .Gandhi must have had that kind of thinking but Westerners being from the West can think only on one track .

Even if he was to be Bisexual(not gay) , what difference does it make to the man's relevance to India and to the world ?

He shared a loving relationship with Kallenbach .He used to write letters to Kallenbach which talked about his wife and the Indian independence movement .If anything it only goes against the attempts at proving that he was gay.

Loving relationship can exist between two men . Here in the East men can love each other without being gay .Gandhi must have had that kind of thinking but Westerners being from the West can think only on one track .

Even if he was to be Bisexual(not gay) , what difference does it make to the man's relevance to India and to the world ?

Oh the fallen angel is back - right now i have tears in my eyes to see you back again you came back just to prove the rebirth theory works - i am proud of you.

on topic -
True he did have a loving relationship with the bench guy & he mentioned cotton wool & vaseline few times in those letters.

no it does not make any difference if he was bisexual he was afterall human but my question was will indian news papers publish this story ?

what does national archives & my question about letters being published has got to do with got to do with osama bin latin studying with high caste brahmins & osama bin latin being a gay ?

I am not sure, but maybe you are high!!..are you even sure, what are you even writing anymore?

PS : just go through your posts, do they even make sense.

I am not sure, but maybe you are high!!..are you even sure, what are you even writing anymore?

PS : just go through your posts, do they even make sense.

are you not sure ? okey here i go again my question was will indians get to know about true sexual orientation of gandhi via the powarful indian media?

true no one is lesser human i am sure that applies to daleets too but people need to know the truth - are those letters gonna be printed in indian media anytime soon ?

Why r u bringing off topic things here?Dalits are in very good position in India, than they were 50 yrs ago. With every year passing there status are improving. Have you heard of Harijan Act??? This is a law against racism and very powerful law.

Dalits r getting better eduction and many more advantages at very low cost..

are you not sure ? okey here i go again my question was will indians get to know about true sexual orientation of gandhi via the powarful indian media?

Well, since we are putting these letter on open display in National archives, it is for every individual to read them, decide for themselves.

Is that good enough answer or do you have some other questions?

Why r u bringing off topic things here?Dalits are in very good position in India, than they were 50 yrs ago. With every year passing there status are improving. Have you heard of Harijan Act??? This is a law against racism and very powerful law.

Dalits r getting better eduction and many more advantages at very low cost..

i appreciate the effort my apologies my bad shudnt have bought daleets in here,

by the way my question was will indian media print those letters in the media anytime soon?

This is a bit shocking to me ...

Well starts off with some normal stuff one would write , remember there was no email so people communicated with every one peers with letters

But ..then it gets R rated .. anyhow , perhaps some Indians would shed some light

I can't judge based on a book written by fictional man about a real man ...

How ever copies of letters would be nice to read to see what the fuss is all about

But generally folks who were classmates do write emails and communicate it would be too homophobic to say guys can communicate with friends ..

This is not a South Asian way to think its more or less Western view

Very sad indeed that such a innocent act of writing to friend in school or what ever has been made into this in order to distort history

Mahatma_Gandhi_with_Hermann_Kallenbach.jpg

So just because a white man , German guy was friends with Indian guy in time when British considered South Asians as slaves ... makes him gay

Kinda very silly if you ask me on other hand it also shows Germans were not "Racist" as claimed by World war 2 .. clearly Gandhi is sitting with German man freely - this picture is again evidence that white people in general in germany were not racist as media tell us

If anything I think the thread should be closed .. as its not fair in all honesty to speak ill of a dead man who can't defend himself

Reference:www.mkgandhi.org/associates/kallenbach.htm

They had a great deal in common a deep attraction for simple life and working for the good of their fellow beings. At the time Gandhi was struggling for the rights of Indians and Africans in a land dominated by white men.

The form of resistance that Gandhiji used was unique: satyagraha. He would patiently appeal to the good sense of the whites while also refusing to follow their laws that he regarded evil. He was willing to suffer punishment for breaking these laws but refused to hate the white men.

Kallenbach was attracted by this method. He and Gandhiji worked together for the poorest of the poor. They changed their own life style and honoured every useful work. They said that a lawyer or an engineer was not superior to a cobbler or a scavenger. In fact they went to a Chinese cobbler in Johannesburg and learnt to make footwear. And they undertook to clean their own latrines, something most people would not do in these days.

In 1903 Gandhi's family came over to South Africa. Though Kallenbach became a dear uncle to his three children, Gandhi would not let him buy costly toys for them. They must not feel that they are different from poor people, he would say.

In 1910 Kallenbach, who was a rich man, donated to Gandhi a thousand acre farm belonging to him near Johannesburg. This was a very great gift indeed and was used to run Gandhi's famous 'Tolstoy Farm' that housed the families of satyagrahis.

I think what really happened was that they were Lawyers collegues , and that they fought for common causes while he was in South Africa etc and that friendship continued beyond in later days in life ..

Not to me mistaken by idiotic rant by some fictional book writers who always conjure up stuff

The western Authur , unable to understand the friendly , has labeled it incorrectly in reality
Vaseline is used for injuries , scars , and during uprising its possible that this was meant to indicate that healing scars Vaseline is used and this may be reminded Mr Gandhi of previous injuries sustained while on similar "opposition" movements where Kallenback and Gandhi took part (South Africa).

The letters may with Vaseline may have been writen when he was in jail or may have suffered some hits who knows

As for Mr Kallenbach he was simply attracted to simplicity of Mr Gandhi how he changed his lifestyle and how he became a very simple person in his later times which he tried to replicate.

The statement , that Gandhi wanted to serve him , in South Asian language its a common term people use with friends to show that they would be there in time of need for a friend or family member etc which again shows the bond that was formed between two men of different race in a time when such things were uncommon etc

Well, since we are putting these letter on open display in National archives, it is for every individual to read them, decide for themselves.

Is that good enough answer or do you have some other questions?

probably india has national archvies which would probably need a british made goods train to transport it to the nearby meauseum, my question was about indian media :)

i appreciate the effort my apologies my bad shudnt have bought daleets in here,

by the way my question was will indian media print those letters in the media anytime soon?

I doubt, any one(poster) out here(on the forum) carries the mandate to speak on behalf of media..but you are free to write to them ask them the same ..better still post the letter on their comments column, ask them to include it in their editorials.

Well starts off with some normal stuff one would write , remember there was no email so people communicated with every one peers with letters

But ..then it gets R rated .. anyhow , perhaps some Indians would shed some light

How ever copies of letters would be nice to read to see what the fuss is all about

But generally folks who were classmates do write emails and communicate it would be too homophobic to say guys can communicate with friends ..

Very sad indeed that such a innocent act of writing to friend in school or what ever has been made into this in order to distort history

i am of a strong opinion that these letters deserve to go in indian media people in india need to know the truth about their national hero being a gay.

I doubt, any one(poster) out here(on the forum) carries the mandate to speak on behalf of media..but you are free to write to them ask them the same ..better still post the letter on their comments column, ask them to include it in their editorials.

fine now that you have told you are nobody, being a fair man myself i would like to give you a fair chance to express your opinion as you are from the greates democracy of the world, would you like to see those letters on indian media front pages? yes or no would do.

i am of a strong opinion that these letters deserve to go in indian media people in india need to know the truth about their national hero being a gay.
Dude its because of him, we have India and Pakistan as independent countries. So he is your hero too whether you admit it or not. There was no existence of Pakistan before 1947. Instead of posting stuff that matters, of the people who gave up everything to their country, you are deliberately trying to incite Indians to quarrel with you over Mahatma Gandhi, and it is too obvious from your posts.

Grow up kiddo, don't bring topic you truly don't understand. Its a two edged sword.

If you have such strong opinions on what Indian people should know or shouldn't know, why don't you come here..take a copy of the letter, once they are on display..put them on your blog or even half decent web site?..can you.. or mommy doesn't allow you to stay out house after dark??!!

fine now that you have told you are nobody, being a fair man myself i would like to give you a fair chance to express your opinion as you are from the greates democracy of the world, would you like to see those letters on indian media front pages? yes or no would do.

I don't give two hoots.. IF MK Gandhi was gay or not ..he was a grt man ..who got India her independence..that all that matters too me!!
Why would I care, if they are published or not..if you are so concerned, do it yourself!!

Mahatma_Gandhi_with_Hermann_Kallenbach.jpg

So just because a white man , German guy was friends with Indian guy in time when British considered South Asians as slaves ... makes him gay

Kinda very silly if you ask me on other hand it also shows Germans were not "Racist" as claimed by World war 2 .. clearly Gandhi is sitting with German man freely

If anything I think the thread should be closed .. as its not fair in all honesty to speak ill of a dead man who can't defend himself

ill tell you what if the push comes to shove for indians anyone will stand up for india would be the pakistanis, i take your nobel words shoudnt speak about a great man who is long dead & not here to defend himselves, i request the mods to close this thread.

I had heard several rumour but this one appears to be shockingly true?

God knows best

Zakii kindly lock this thread.

Dude its because of him, we have India and Pakistan as independent countries. So he is your hero too whether you admit it or not. There was no existence of Pakistan before 1947. Instead of posting stuff that matters, of the people who gave up everything to their country, you are deliberately trying to incite Indians to quarrel with you over Mahatma Gandhi, and it is too obvious from your posts.

Grow up kiddo, don't bring topic you truly don't understand. Its a two edged sword.

ofcourse he is my hero never denied that, but let me gently remind you i ain't no pakistani thank you very much :).

yes i need to grow up, dunno what to do should i drink more milk ? or should i read more kamasutra books ? hold on i should probably look at these grown up hindu architecture of hindu men raping animals :)

women were in short those days, too much female infanticide ? umm hold on wait all of them must have been burnt in suttee practice.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom