What's new

7 Indians buy one hilsa in share!

These are Hilsa fish, and we call it ilish. So do you also have this fish in The Indus? Or palla is actually different fish?
images

images

You don't like ilish? However Beef bhuna and ilish are my most favorite foods. Yumi!!

Na, too damn bony for me plus I don’t eat fish much. I enjoy grill/broil salmon sometimes.

I prefer meat over fish.

The buyers in Kolkata are in rapt in joy over the news of hilsa export from Bangladesh to India. Although the export price of hilsa from Bangladesh has been fixed at Tk 507 per kg, the hilsa is being sold in India for 1600 rupees. And due to these prices, many Indians are buying hilsa in share and in many cases — the number is even seven.
This is why I proposed in another thread to export at least 5,000 tons of Hilsha during the Durga Puja. Let them enjoy it, too.

Not all Hilsa fish are equally tasty. Bangladesh too has varities of Hilsa fish. Only Hilsa those are catched from Padma river are called 'King' and the best because of unique aroma and taste.

never ever anyone described a fish by its aroma

https://www.daily-bangladesh.com/english/7-Indians-buy-one-hilsa-in-share/29357

The buyers in Kolkata are in rapt in joy over the news of hilsa export from Bangladesh to India. Although the export price of hilsa from Bangladesh has been fixed at Tk 507 per kg, the hilsa is being sold in India for 1600 rupees. And due to these prices, many Indians are buying hilsa in share and in many cases — the number is even seven.
The first shipment of hilsa from Bangladesh started in India from Tuesday morning through auction. The price has been determined through the negotiations between buyers and sellers.

On this day, the hilsa is sold at the wholesale market for Rs 1500 to Rs 1600 per kg. Underweight and slightly softened fishes are sold at a rate of Rs 1100 to Rs 1200.

Although hilsa is being exported at a much lower price from Bangladesh, many Indians are buying hilsa at a much higher price due to market price. Five to seven Indians are buying one hilsa — such information is found in the timeline of many social media users.

I was LMFAO. :lol:

But in one sense I feel pity. Kolkata Dadas have a right to taste these as well, even if mehnga....

Rs. 1600 a KG is a new high. Even in the US the frozen variety are selling at record prices. But no - Bangladeshis don't put seven shares on one fish. This is not Eid and Hilsa aren't Qurbani item like cows.

No fish is better than trout not even salmon. Trout of kumrat is on another level, i used to visit n catch 10 to 20 kg easily in a few hours. Now though due to over fishing their population have decreased alot.

Hilsa is Salmon equivalent for East India and Bangladesh. Its unique cooked aroma and taste make it the king of fish. Salmon is Western king of fish. Hilsa is Eastern king of fish.

hilsa.jpg

800382061_1-fish-delicacy-fish-ilish-hilsa-curry-pieces.jpg

GettyImages-824262640.jpeg

Last edited:
never ever anyone described a fish by its aroma

Cooked aroma, not uncooked. The flavor comes from buttery fish oil after it is cooked in Mustard sauce. You don't need oil to cook it. It will cook in its own oil.

Hilsa is called Palla in Pakistan.

NYC also have their own variety in their rivers in the summer. They are called 'Shad'. However tropical variety and NYC variety have huge difference in cooked taste. Hilsa found in Kolkata locally also don't taste as good and of course command a lot lower price.

I think hilsa and palla are two names of the same fish. It is also found in river Indus.

Palla is a Sindhi specialty, and reportedly from Hyderabad in Pakistan. Haven't tasted it though to compare with Hilsa.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1204243

The issue I am having is why Bangladeshis are using a Pakistani forum to promote themselves. This reminds me of my time in University in the US. These group of Bangladeshis joined the college. They had zero social skills or physical presence. One day, three of them came to me and said that they are the same as Pakistanis and I should include them in my social life. My response was simple, I said in 1971 you said you were different so why do you want me to help them be part of my social life in the University. So the same situation on this Pakistani website, why are they using it to promote themselves. If they are so smart and successful, they should go create your own website.

The issue I am having is why Bangladeshis are using a Pakistani forum to promote themselves. This reminds me of my time in University in the US. These group of Bangladeshis joined the college. They had zero social skills or physical presence. One day, three of them came to me and said that they are the same as Pakistanis and I should include them in my social life. My response was simple, I said in 1971 you said you were different so why do you want me to help them be part of my social life in the University. So the same situation on this Pakistani website, why are they using it to promote themselves. If they are so smart and successful, they should go create your own website.

Say it to the admin to close this subsection and no Bangladeshi will be around. Obviously if they agree to do so!

Say it to the admin to close this subsection and no Bangladeshi will be around. Obviously if they agree to do so!
Admins don’t matter, the Bangladeshis will still get abused, a little less than their masters the Indians. Have some self respect guys.

I think beef should be eaten by Indians now.

Beef ban by Hindus is a recent practice. During vedic times and also well into the fifteenth, sixteenth century AD there was no beef ban AFAIK. People say this was done so cows could be saved for draft animal agricultural use.

Admins don’t matter, the Bangladeshis will still get abused, a little less than their masters the Indians. Have some self respect guys.

Stand against this injustice and complain!! :taz:

Nikalo iss Kaley, Bhukhey, Nangey loogon-ko. :P

These are Hilsa fish, and we call it ilish. So do you also have this fish in The Indus? Or palla is actually different fish?
images

images

You don't like ilish? However Beef bhuna and ilish are my most favorite foods. Yumi!!
Palla hilsa hilsha, same fish. This poor creature comes from Indian sea to lay eggs, and boom. May be they don't know we like them so much.

Palla hilsa hilsha, same fish. This poor creature comes from Indian sea to lay eggs, and boom. May be they don't know we like them so much.

Some fish possess this behavior. Pacific Salmon also do this (lay eggs upstream in the rivers, in this case Columbia river).

If we don't eat them, they will die after spawning (most migrating fish species are like these, juveniles stay in freshwater, adults swim out to sea and return for spawning in freshwater). Sockeye Pacific Salmon are a great example. Consuming rather than wasting fish is better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockeye_salmon

Back
Top Bottom