What's new

61 trucks loaded with explosives go missing!!

Madhya Pradesh: 61 trucks loaded with explosives go missing
NDTV Correspondent, Updated: August 13, 2010 10:05 IST

Sagar (Madhya Pradesh): Over 300 tonnes of explosives sent from a govt-owned factory in Dholpur have gone missing in Madhya Pradesh. Loaded in 61 trucks, the consignment was sent for Ganesh Explosives - a private company in Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh. But it never reached there.

Rajasthan Explosives and Chemicals Limited (RECL) - the company which sent the explosives - claims it can't be blamed for this disappearance as it sent explosives only in trucks authorised by the company

"We hand over the explosives to those who have the license. And they then dispatch it on their truck. Now, whatever happens to that explosive thereafter, we are not responsible for that (Jo visfotak samaan yahan se diya jaata hai vo Licence dhaari ko hee diya jaata hai aur uss dealer ka truck hee maal lekar jaata hai. Yahan se ley jaane key baad dealer usko kisey bechta hai, kya karta hai iske baare mein humey koi jaankaari nahin)," said Y C Upadhyay, GM, Rajasthan Explosives and Chemicals Limited.
Documents show that the explosives, sent between April and June, included detonators and gelatin sticks. Ganesh Explosives for which the consignment was sent is now locked up; shockingly their licence had already expired in March this year.

Owners of the company that booked the explosives are now absconding. Security agencies are worried that if the explosives reach the wrong hands it could be devastating.

Strangely, in 2008, detonators used in the blasts in Surat were also made in the same Dholpur factory

explosivetruck295.jpg

Madhya Pradesh: 61 trucks loaded with explosives go missing

So the authorities have woken up after a long time to discover that 61 trucks full of explosive are missing ????

The explosives were sent between April and June :angel:

Common Wealth Games are also around the corner any untoward incident is going to mess up many things

61 Trucks got misplaced? its joke of the month. May be that ammunition could be triggered distantly and India let it slip on purpose and after some time when India would blow them, it would kill good deal of Naxals which are otherwise well hidden and inaccessible. I see that is more of a TRAP. But who know.

Last edited:
61 Trucks got misplaced? its joke of the month. May be that ammunition could be triggered distantly and India let it slip on purpose and after some time when India would blow them, it would kill good deal of Naxals which are otherwise well hidden and inaccessible. I see that is more of a TRAP. But who know.

Well buddy!!its not a joke, it is a flashing news of today on every national news channels of India..

I think we should prepare for more ISI bashing.

The scene for ISI bashing II is being written somewhere in New Delhi. Lets see when the film hits the road. :lol:

Common Wealth Games are also around the corner any untoward incident is going to mess up many things

You have got a seious point !! Cwg can be the target.. 300 tonnes of explosives are enough to blow up whole Ncr.. I hope, the authorities will surely find it.. before any misshappening.

it must be ISI HAND, they are the one who forcefully fed indian cops and security official with bribe. NOT !!!!

there is clear intention of indians hitting india as terrorist , india corruption is feeding anti indian with these weapons and then cries foul.

need to get their bloody act together before pointing finger at others.

why do they let these kind of chance slip ????? and then blame the common weath blast on pakistani fed terrorists. . . . .

i see things getting way out of hand in future. kashmiri terrorist are already pissed because of atrocities by indian forces on innocent people...... now they might get their hand on some of these explosive and hit where it hurts most.

indian pride during common wealth,..............

I HOPE NEWS GO OUT IN WEST MEDIA AND THEY REFUSE TO COME . ATLEAST THERE WONT BE THE NATIONAL SHAME FOR INDIA . FOR HOSTING THESE CURRUPTIONWEATH GAME..

Terrorists may be planning attacks in India, Pak: US
PTI, Aug 13, 2010, 12.16pm IST

Read more: Terrorists may be planning attacks in India, Pak: US - US - World - The Times of India Terrorists may be planning attacks in India, Pak: US - US - World - The Times of India

WASHINGTON: In a fresh warning, the US has said it has "credible evidence" that terrorists may be planning terror attacks at places frequented by its citizens in India, Pakistan and Middle East and asked them to be alert and take precautionary measures.

In a "Worldwide Caution" issued on Thursday, the state department said it continues to receive information that terrorist groups in South and Central Asia, including in India and Pakistan, may be planning attacks in the region, possibly against US government facilities, citizens or its interests.

"In India there is a continuing threat of terrorism as attacks have randomly targeted public places frequented by Westerners, including luxury and other hotels, trains, train stations, markets, cinemas, mosques, and restaurants in large urban areas," the state department said.

The presence of al-Qaida, Taliban elements, LeT, indigenous sectarian groups, and other terror organisations, many of which are on the US government's list of foreign terror organisations, poses a potential danger to US citizens in the region, it said.

Terrorists and their sympathisers have demonstrated their willingness and capability to attack targets where Americans or Westerners are known to congregate or visit, the statement said.

Their actions may include, but are not limited to, vehicle-born explosives, improvised explosive devices, assassinations, carjacking, rocket attacks, assaults, or kidnappings, it added.

"Some examples include Pakistan where a number of extremist groups continue to target US citizens and other Western interests and Pakistani officials.

"Suicide bombing attacks continue to occur throughout the country on a regular basis, often targeting government authorities such as police checkpoints and military installations, as well as public areas such as mosques, and shopping areas," it said.

The state department said credible information indicates terrorist groups seek to continue attacks against US interests in the Middle East and North Africa.

It also said that a number of al-Qaida operatives and other extremists are believed to be operating in and around Africa.

"US citizens considering travel by sea near the Horn of Africa or in the Southern Red Sea should exercise caution as there has been a notable increase in armed attacks, robberies and kidnappings for ransom at sea by pirates," the state department said.

Terrorists may be planning attacks in India, Pak: US - US - World - The Times of India

You have got a seious point !! Cwg can be the target.. 300 tonnes of explosives are enough to blow up whole Ncr.. I hope, the authorities will surely find it.. before any misshappening.

even if not NCR any terror act involving these explosives in any part of India amid CWGs will be a big set back to India.

even if not NCR any terror act involving these explosives in any part of India amid CWGs will be a big set back to India.

They(Officials) have to search it!! Otherwise a possibility of a disaster canot be ruled out...It alsp could affect India's Image on International level..

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

I want Delhi govt and UPA to take all the beating in the CWG game..
61 Trucks....what a bloody joke of the year..:hitwall:

I have never been so frustrated with any defence deals, but this one surely hit my nail...

They(Officials) have to search it!! Otherwise a possibility of a disaster canot be ruled out...It alsp could affect India's Image on International level..

Is it the first time explosives of stuff used in explosive went missing in India???????

if they promised to hit india during a domest cricket tournament ( IPL ) and they did infect hit - bangalore - right on the stadium and earlier in rajusthan.

i bet common wealth wont be a exception either. Indian govt. will make sure there will be enough fire works during commonwealth shame.

Back
Top Bottom