What's new

57 PAF officials arrested over links with terrorists

The list seemingly only includes low-level personnel. What supposing the terrorists have infiltrated the upper echelons of power in the military? It would be well-nigh impossible to apprehend them. A very scary thought especially given the fact that nuclear weapons may be at their disposal. One can't help but get the feeling that the nukes will come into play one way or another. I sincerely hope India and Pakistan relinquish their nukes. They are not responsible enough as nations to own such deadly weapons.

The list seemingly only includes low-level personnel. What supposing the terrorists have infiltrated the upper echelons of power in the military? It would be well-nigh impossible to apprehend them. A very scary thought especially given the fact that nuclear weapons may be at their disposal. One can't help but get the feeling that the nukes will come into play one way or another. I sincerely hope India and Pakistan relinquish their nukes. They are not responsible enough as nations to own such deadly weapons.

Please remember that US was the one which used the nukes...
These days people are even opposing the PA offensive in SWAT due to the displacement and high risk of civilian casualties which PA is trying best to avoid by using PGMs...

On the other hand US went ahead and used Nukes on Japanese cities...Japan was really already reeling from its defeats and would have collapsed anyways...all their aircraft carriers were destroyed and navy was broken down...their fighting strength and maneuvering capability was neutralized and still the US felt the need to deliver Nuclear Bombs...
Who was killed in the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

I respect my friends in the US etc. but i really think that when the world or US government talks of dangers of Pakistani Nukes...look what happened at the hands of US and what was the need for US to use nucleur weapons?

Pakistan needs its nukes to save itself from War with India and in a way i think it is better for subcontinent that Pakistan India are in a stalemate...otherwise we could have had three more wars till now...

Last edited:

At the height of the cold war there were instances when Soviet / US / Brit servicemen & agents were caught with links to the ' enemy".

Did this imply that their countries were not responsible enough to own nukes ?

Lets not link the two. Yes, it is a matter of concern that servicemen in such large Nos are involved It is also likely that senior officers were also apprehended for involvement but are not being disclosed for obvious reasons.

Given the proliferation of fundamentalism in Pk & what Zia did in his time - not surprising.

and you think that nukes in the hands of my government and the russians ,who virtually on every subject differ, are allrite and fr that matter china with respect to the differences they have with india , japan ,korea and US vis-s-vis taiwan. my dear friend nukes shouldn't have come into existence and now since the technology has evolved and proliferated from one country to another it cannot be justified in weapons incarnation.. you know why .. 'coz its only purpose is to kill .. so be it a GOOD nation or a BAD nation when the nukes comes into play then that day would be the day we say goodbye to PDF 'coz no one would survive the aftermath.

Six PAF men face death, 51 jailed for contacts with terrorists

Thursday, June 25, 2009
ISLAMABAD: Fifty-seven men of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) ranging from chief technicians to officers were arrested over their alleged contacts with terrorists and involvement in anti-state activities. According to reports, the arrests were made during the last one and a half to two years after conducting an inquiry.

Sources disclosed that six officials were sentenced to death. Among them were Khalid Mehmood, Senior Technician Karam Din, Technician Nawazish, Niaz and Nasrullah while 24 were arrested and dismissed from service for opposing the policies of then President Pervez Musharraf. The PAF men, allegedly found involved in having contacts with terrorists, were given strict punishments.

According to a private television channel, 26 PAF men were court martialled for their ‘involvement’ in terrorism. According to the reports, those arrested were working in airbases including Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra, Minhas Airbase, Sargodha Airbase, Lahore Airbase, Faisal Airbase and Mianwali Airbase.

Senior Tech Liaqat Ali, whose service tenure was 17 years 15 days and commissioned at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra, was sentenced to three years in jail. Jahangir Khan, working as senior tech at Lahore Airbase, was imprisoned for two years.

Senior tech Muhammad Idrees arrested from Sargodha Airbase and whose service tenure was 11 years and 3 months was sentenced to nine years in jail with five years rigorous imprisonment.

These arrested officials had allegedly established contacts with Baitullah Mehsud and other banned outfits of the country.Spokesperson for the PAF Air Commodore Humayun Waqar said that action was taken against the PAF men according to law and arrests were made in Musharraf’s time. He said no new arrests have been made adding that several cases have already been decided.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=22930

Back
Top Bottom