What's new

54 years ago, 114 Men of Charlie Company fought to the last Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The winners write the history books and losers cry about it on forums like these for years to come, There's no question the soldiers displayed huge bravery that day in face of overwhelming odds and zero help from outside but the facts do seem to be exaggerated a bit. This ruins the chances of anyone recognizing and praising their courage.

We should accept what happened in 1962 and learn from it, not become like most of the people here who don't and cannot be made to believe that Pakistan didn't achieve its objectives in 48,65,99 and take 71 defeat as simply a civil war.

Well said.

Its not that we don't want to admit that they were brave but with the humongous embellishment added it only belittles Chinese soldiers as incompetent to a criminal degree. A kill to death ratio that high would imply that India would have simply steamrolled Chinese advances but that was clearly not what happened. Also if we take these stats as true it would imply that the rest of the Indian military during the war had an even worse performance than we thought as 1300 casualties out of around 2300 total was in one battle. That would mean the rest of the war was around 4 to 1 in favor of China and 8 to 1 if including POWs. The math simply does not add up.

For anyone interested in China's statistics, here you go.

China's detailed breakdown of losses of both sides during 1962 Sino-India Border Conflict. Casualty part of it is translated, and the rest are equipment loses:

India's casualty: KIA 4,885; POW 3,968

China's casualty: KIA 722; Wounded 1,697

中国边防部队 在整个自卫反击作战中,歼灭印军3个旅(第7旅,第62旅、炮兵第4旅),基本歼灭印军3个旅(第112旅、第48旅、第65旅),另歼灭印军第5旅、第67旅、第114旅、第129旅各一部,击毙印军第62旅旅长霍希尔.辛格准将以下4,885人,俘印军第7旅旅长季.普.达尔维准将以下3,968人(其中校官26名、尉官29名)。缴获:飞机5架、坦克9辆、汽车437辆、88mm加农炮13门、88mm榴弹炮36门、75mm山炮12门、106.7mm迫击炮27门、106mm无后座力炮6门、81mm迫击炮142门、51mm迫击炮144门、轻重机枪631挺、长短枪5,772支、火箭筒112具、枪榴弹发射器(掷弹筒)32具、枪弹4,120,591发、炮弹79,720发、手榴弹16,921枚、地雷14,848枚电台(报话机)520部,炮兵观测仪等其他器材735部(具)。

中国边防部队阵亡722人(其中军官82名、士兵640名),负伤1,697人(其中军官173名、士兵1,524名)消耗:炮弹22,976发、枪弹701,342发、手榴弹7,080枚、爆破筒64节、炸药2,050k9,喷火油料677L,损坏122mm榴弹炮1门、机枪18挺、长短枪81支、40mm火箭筒2具、电台(步话机)5部、汽车12台。

I believe the Indian KIA in that report includes wounded. Even so the amount of POWs is staggering. It really shows how much effort the PLA took in trying to keep the war as humane as possible. Against an country that the China hates the effort to encircle instead of complete annihilation would be rather minimal.

I believe the Indian KIA in that report includes wounded. Even so the amount of POWs is staggering. It really shows how much effort the PLA took in trying to keep the war as humane as possible. Against an country that the China hates the effort to encircle instead of complete annihilation would be rather minimal.

I think "Wounded are included in POW", which makes sense.

I think "Wounded are included in POW", which makes sense.

Well actually the KIA in the Chinese report I believe is split into KIA, wounded, and MIA with MIA being KIA at this point.
POWs are not usually counted as wounded.

Well technically it is not fighting the last man since in previous posts it has been said that 6 guys did surrendered.

So cut this cr@p of how brave and honorable you guys are.
Hi,if you dont know the facts lets keep quite,and 6 guys surrender,lets its not come from pakistani mounth regarding surrender,you still have the pride of largest surrender after secound world war and the record is not yet broken.

Well actually the KIA in the Chinese report I believe is split into KIA, wounded, and MIA with MIA being KIA at this point.
POWs are not usually counted as wounded.

When Chinese report uses 击毙,it means KIA; if "伤亡“ is used, it means casualty (including KIA and wounded). There is no way for Chinese side to know India's MIA. The war pictures of 1962 also show wounded Indian soldiers among POW.

You can't be captured without surrendering. Otherwise you would just get shot.
Saddam Hussain was captured and arrested while Osama Bin laden could have been captured but killed. I would disagree that they both tried to fight or surrendered. Capturing a soldier is part of battle tactics and different from surrender.

Saddam Hussain was captured and arrested while Osama Bin laden could have been captured but killed. I would disagree that they both tried to fight or surrendered. Capturing a soldier is part of battle tactics and different from surrender.

I know you try to glorify or excuse Indian soldiers, but trying to differentiate "being captured" and "surrender" is silly. Saddam Hussain could have shot himself on the head when he knew GI was coming.

Rezang La Memorial Chowk at Gurgaon

1357644660746-1962.jpg

123.jpg
Pardon my ignorance but it would be really helpful if you could share some info about this memorial and it's location!
1300 vs 1 company?

looks like fiction is being passed as fact. The Chinese didnt outnumber the Indians but they were more battle hardened and mobile. The Indians didnt know shit about fighting back in those days.

In China there is this one guy, his name is Chow Yun Fat. He can fight the entire Indian army without even reloading his pistols. Fact or fiction?
We have Rajnikanth!!

Why tag others in your shyt fest.... kya keera ha tujhay.

I meant you guys surrender and we fight till death.

Well technically it is not fighting the last man since in previous posts it has been said that 6 guys did surrendered.

So cut this cr@p of how brave and honorable you guys are.

No one surrendered, they were captured and they ran out of bullets.

In your entire history you do not have anything like that. Indians have many.

THIS IS CALLED REAL BRAVERY , NOT WINNING THE WAR.

lion-main.jpg

How many examples you want?

21 Indian soldiers fought till last man against 10000 Afghans before killing 450 enemies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Saragarhi

120 Indian soldiers against 2000 Pakistani soldiers, fought till death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Longewala

I meant you guys surrender and we fight till death.

No one surrendered, they were captured and they ran out of bullets.

In your entire history you do not have anything like that. Indians have many.

THIS IS CALLED REAL BRAVERY , NOT WINNING THE WAR.

lion-main.jpg

It is still the same thing. Captured or surrendered. Technically that is not fighting till the last man.

And that lion picture s from Lahore Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom