What's new

53 schoolboys killed

As the truck flipped the rear turned into a cage submerged
in water, simply horrible.....

R.I.P young dreamers. ....

Read this also on the Indian newspaper.

Very tragic.

My deep condolences to the families affected by this tragedy.

They always use truck to carry students in case of games and match. Its a lot of fun.

Its unsafe and illigal to begin with.

Even if the driver was driving, you dont carry school children in truck.

Its just not right.

If anyone wants to ride in truck and have fun let them do it in their own time with their own right not while they are in school or school duties/mission.

GB

Bloody this is the problem of all south asia...drunk drivers and rash driving .... no offence but this is really our third world where such idiotic accidents happens .

No value of human lives .

RIP to innocent souls.

Reporting local news is banned on pdf

well as per the incident may the dead rip

RIP - who ever is responsible must be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

A real tragedy. So many youg lives snuffed out only due to a rash and irresponsible act. RIP the departed souls. May their family members find the fortitude to see them through this difficult period.

The result of reckless driving. Driving in Dhaka or anywhere in Bangladesh is such an experience! (albeit not in a good way)

RIP to the victims.

There are also allied problems in the subcontinent for accidents of this type.

Most of these commercial drivers are totally illiterate and one they are behind the steering wheel of a vehicle (which they can never dream of having the power to own), they think they are Jenson Button Formula 1 driver!

They get their licence by illegal means and with no or very little training. They learn 'on the job' as the cleaners of trucks do.

Then, they learn what is 'demand driving' and not 'defensive driving'.

Defensive Driving is taking the other driver capable of making a mistake and driving with an anticipatory mind.

Demand Driving, which I was shocked to the chap who was teaching my daughter to drive, means driving in such a way that you demand that you should get the right of way and not the other chap, no matter what is rule or road etiquette!!

And the police are corrupt to the core. They can fudge the whole FIR depending how much of money changes hand and make a case that leaks like a sieve so that such murderous drivers go scot free.

Edn institutions to mourn Mirsarai tragedy

2011-07-12__Ctg_mourn.JPG

The educational institutions across the country on Wednesday will mourn the loss of 44 lives in Monday’s road crash in Mirsarai that sent shock down the spine of the whole nation.

As the reckless, irresponsible driving leading to the tragic deaths remained at the top of the talk and condolence poured in across the country on Tuesday, ministers and education officials rushed to Mirsarai to condole the bereaved families.

No words were proved to be enough for the bereaved families who took out condolence processions and gathered at the playground of Abu Torab Bohumukhi High School, which lost 33 of its students in the road crash.

Kabir Ahmed Nizam, chairman of Mayani union parishad, filed a case accusing the driver, Mofiz, with Mirsarai Police Station Monday night. Police, however, failed to arrest Mofiz, who swam across the little ditch and escaped.

Mofiz, a helper of the pick-up owned by Haji Rice Mill, was in a hurry to return to the mill as he was supposed to go to Feni to bring rice for the mill, Habib, head operator of the rice mill, told The Daily Star........

Edn institutions to mourn Mirsarai tragedy

Latest on the tragedy.

this is totally unacceptable and something should be done to stop this practice, my condolences to the whole of Bangladesh

Back
Top Bottom