What's new

500,000 Chinese professionals expected in Gwadar by 2023

You seem to be equating immigrants in the job market in a country with handing off of 1/2 million jobs to a single group. Where the citizens of the said country have no chance to even get an interview.
Chinese don't speak our local language, they can't work in our market.
They are only useful for Chinese firms, which will surely emerge if Chinese skilled workers are expected!

Not really..

The current population according to 2017 Census of Gwadar District is 263,514 of which 161,599 live in Urban conditions while the other 101,915 are living in Rural conditions. This population is scattered in the area annexed below in green.

View attachment 432937

Now imagine getting 500K people just in the town of Gwadar port. You would of course have to build the amenities, housing, shopping and other facilities such as medical and educational ones for all those people, right? Isn't this how an area is developed? Canada survived the recession of 2007-08 only due to its immigrant influx (mainly Chinese and south Asian), imagine what that would do Pakistan's economy?

I guess this is what is bothering the enemies of a Prosperous Pakistan.

Are you saying Pakistanis are not qualified enough to apply and work under the same conditions their counterpart Chinese will be at Gwadar?

You also seem to confuse immigration in low populated countries, those immigrants spread over the economy versus this situation. With normal immigration, immigrants and citizens apply for the same jobs. Here you are celebrating handing over 500k job exclusively to one group. Btw, how's the unemployment rate in your country?

Chinese don't speak our local language, they can't work in our market.
They are only useful for Chinese firms, which will surely emerge if Chinese skilled workers are expected!

I give up. Your country, your rules, your jobs and your unemployment rate.

I guess this is what is bothering the enemies of a Prosperous Pakistan.

Enemies of Pakistan would like you to hand over 500k jobs to the Chinese.

It keeps your unemployment rate high while having no opportunities to be a skilled workforce. The enemies would gleefully watch Pakistani taxpayer money going to China to employ the Chinese.

Are you saying Pakistanis are not qualified enough to apply and work under the same conditions their counterpart Chinese will be at Gwadar?

You also seem to confuse immigration in low populated countries, those immigrants spread over the economy versus this situation. With normal immigration, immigrants and citizens apply for the same jobs. Here you are celebrating handing over 500k job exclusively to one group. Btw, how's the unemployment rate in your country?
It's not that those Chinese are taking the pre-existent jobs in Pakistan from locals. They will bring new industries and technologies along with personnel and of course that would create many opportunities for local population as well.

Secondarily, new grocery stores, restaurants, convenience stores, shopping plazas, etc. would be brought into existence thereby creating tens of thousands of new secondary jobs as well.

All of that will add to our Gross domestic product and bring us closer to being a trillion dollar economy much sooner than everyone wants us to be.

And yeah we understand all that..

China can get away with this in particular countries only.
PDF members of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan are animatedly celebrating 1/2 million jobs handed out to the Chinese, in fear that they will be taunted about the Chinese predatory presence in Pakistan by their neighbor.

I'd confidently bet, in the real world, no citizen would stand for such a massive takeover and hand over of jobs to a foreign force.

Dubai, Oman, Abu dhabi, Qater, Kuwait, rest of UAE, Bahrain, and Singapore etc...

These guys coming to work, build, then leave... not immigrants

It keeps your unemployment rate high while having no opportunities to be a skilled workforce. The enemies would gleefully watch Pakistani taxpayer money going to China to employ the Chinese.
I guess you are undermining the intelligence quotient of Pakistanis.

It's not that those Chinese are taking the pre-existent jobs in Pakistan from locals. They will bring new industries and technologies along with personnel and of course that would create many opportunities for local population as well.

Secondarily, new grocery stores, restaurants, convenience stores, shopping plazas, etc. would be brought into existence thereby creating tens of thousands of new secondary jobs as well.

All of that will add to our Gross domestic product and bring us closer to being a trillion dollar economy much sooner than everyone wants us to be.

And yeah we understand all that..

So I was right, you don't think Pakistanis are qualified to be given a shot at those jobs. They according to you cannot work because there is some new port building and operations "technology" that the Chinese will bring. You do realize they not building you a NASA equivalent, it is a port! I guess you also think all those grocery stores, restaurants, convenience stores, shopping plazas won't come if Pakstanis were involved.

Chinese can transplant from Beijing to Gwadar, but Pakistanis, who suffer high unemployment rates, have a well-qualified citizenry for this job, cannot be considered for at least for 1/2 of those jobs. Bah! must be me. Sorry.

I guess you are undermining the intelligence quotient of Pakistanis.
Au contraire, it's you insisting only the Chinese are qualified to work these jobs.

So I was right, you don't think Pakistanis are qualified to be given a shot at those jobs. They according to you cannot work because there is some new port building and operations "technology" that the Chinese will bring. You do realize they not building you a NASA equivalent, it is a port! I guess you also think all those grocery stores, restaurants, convenience stores, shopping plazas won't come if Pakstanis were involved.

Chinese can transplant from Beijing to Gwadar, but Pakistanis, who suffer high unemployment rates, have a well-qualified citizenry for this job, cannot be considered for at least for 1/2 of those jobs. Bah! must be me. Sorry.

Au contraire, it's you insisting only the Chinese are qualified to work these jobs.
We have been victimized by our own mistakes namely agreeing with USA in helping them defeat the then Soviet Union and then again after 9/11 against Taliban, loosing USD 100 Billion+.

Not blaming anyone just ourselves as a nation because we let us be fooled not once but twice by the same nation. So now we really need our true Ironclad friend to step in to clean up the mess that we created for ourselves again not blaming the USA.

We like that!

The more you dig the more it looks like a Chinease takeover of Pakistan coastlines.

They have borrowed you money and charging you hundreds of millions in interest payments.

If you don't have.money to pay they will just nit pay you any transit fees for their goods and fuel.

Once the chinease navy arrive it will feel like a Chinease base for sure..

Those jobs should be for Pakistanis not chinease .surely too god you must be putting your. case forward to employ Pakistani people .

Where is the benefit to Pakistan

After seeing what the americans have done to Iraq, Afghanistan etc, we can safely assume that anything the Chinese do for Pakistan is hugely positive. No need to be concerned for us.

The more you dig the more it looks like a Chinease takeover of Pakistan coastlines.

They have borrowed you money and charging you hundreds of millions in interest payments.

If you don't have.money to pay they will just nit pay you any transit fees for their goods and fuel.

Once the chinease navy arrive it will feel like a Chinease base for sure..

Those jobs should be for Pakistanis not chinease .surely too god you must be putting your. case forward to employ Pakistani people .

Where is the benefit to Pakistan

So someone who belongs to the race and nation that calls for the destruction of the Pakistani race and nation is now all of a sudden concerned with our economic well-being???????........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It means Pakistan is on the right path when our eternal enemies claim we are making a mistake or doing something wrong.........:azn:

Better than having millions killed like in Iraq or Afghanistan.

After seeing what the americans have done to Iraq, Afghanistan etc, we can safely assume that anything the Chinese do for Pakistan is hugely positive. No need to be concerned for us.

So someone who belongs to the race and nation that calls for the destruction of the Pakistani race and nation is now all of a sudden concerned with our economic well-being???????........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It means Pakistan is on the right path when our eternal enemies claim we are making a mistake or doing something wrong.........:azn:

Better than having millions killed like in Iraq or Afghanistan.

He seems to be on a crusade to demonize them lol

500000 professionals or workers. Gwadar is not develop area that can need such large professional. Most probably they will be Chinese workers. But I think Pakistan should take aggressive afford to develop skilled work force to take the future job opportunity in cpec project. If local are deprived animosity can grew among them which surly can exploit by your enemy.

Agree with you. Big Bombs can't fill the stomach of the poor, these jobs can.

China can get away with this in particular countries only.
PDF members of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan are animatedly celebrating 1/2 million jobs handed out to the Chinese, in fear that they will be taunted about the Chinese predatory presence in Pakistan by their neighbor.

I'd confidently bet, in the real world, no citizen would stand for such a massive takeover and hand over of jobs to a foreign force.

thats because PDF members knows more than their neighbor know and PDF member do not believe on their CPEC hating next door neighbor's lies and propaganda. PDF members also know that all the CPEC projects currently in progress, more than 90% workers and professionals are Pakistanis.
If your enemy hates something about you then it must be good, if your enemy warns you of a danger then it must be a blessing for you...We leave all the analyzing, cost/benefit scenarios of CPEC to Indian govt and their experts and we will only do the opposite of what they suggest to us.

Back
Top Bottom