What's new

50,000 proud Chennai residents create Guinness world record of largest human national flag

Reaction score
Country
India
Chennai, Dec 07 (ANI): The 50,000 proud residents of Chennai on Sunday succeeded in forming the largest human national flag as they made their way to the Guinness Book of World Records. People from all walks of life assembled holding placards of different colours - saffron, white and green to form the Indian national flag. One of the participants in the record attempt, Vatrivel, said he felt proud of the attempt. Another participant, Ekta said she felt proud as an Indian after the successful attempt. The officials of the Guinness world record limited will adjudicate the details of the attempt and will announce the record later in the day. The record was organised by the Rotary Club International.

50,000 proud Chennai residents create Guinness world record of largest human national flag, Video Gallery - Business Standard

glag_2236045f.jpg

CHENNAI, DEC 7:
India today set a new world record for the largest human flag, formed by over 50,000 volunteers, beating the previous record held by Pakistan.

The event saw about 1.5 lakh volunteers, mainly youth, turn up for the event at YMCA Grounds here even as 50,000 of them formed the tricolour, Governor of Rotary 3230, organiser of the ‘My Flag My India’ campaign, ISAK Nazar, told reporters here.

The Guinness World Record for the largest human flag was previously held by the Sports Club of Lahore with 28,957 people forming the flag, he said.

“This is the first record (of its kind) in independent India and our aim was to infuse patriotism and nationalism in the present generation and next-generation youth,” he said, adding, youngsters formed the crux of the participants.

Guinness official Syeda Subasi presented the certificate validating the attempt. She described the effort as a ’historic moment’ for India and lauded the participants for turning up early in the morning.

India sets new world record for largest human flag | Business Line

I wish to see some response from people like @manlion ,some Ummah Brothers , people in the north, who cry in the PDF that Tamils want freedom from occupation can have a reality check here...

my friend in india told me they advertised the campaign as 'to beat pakistan...'

o well, congrats

Proud Indians... This is how entire India gets united despite our vast & contrasting diversity.....

where are you @manlion . is tamil nadu not a part of India.

I created this thread especially for him, the so-called spokesperson for Indian tamils..

கிரேட். நாங்கள் எங்கள் இந்தியாவின் நேசிக்கிறேன்.

Google translator had worked well ;)

This idiotic record has really become boring, seriously... the money invested in organizing this event could be better spent in building some more toilets in India!

It's the second time India has tried this record if I'm not wrong?

This idiotic record has really become boring, seriously... the money invested in organizing this event could be better spent in building some more toilets in India!

It's the second time India has tried this record if I'm not wrong?
I know dumping down the garbage and sewage in Ganga is creating havoc down stream in Bangladesh, but bare with us for a while we are addressing this issue on priority.

I know dumping down the garbage and sewage in Ganga is creating havoc down stream in Bangladesh, but bare with us for a while we are addressing this issue on priority.

Do you seriously think these 50,000 proud Indians have made great service to their beloved country by setting this useless record?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom