What's new

5 security personnel martyred in Balochistan

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

all these deaths are easily avoidable with MRAPs, infact the MRAPs we got for free where placed inside bases for other duties rather than patrolling

it takes moment to just go and buy/co produce MRAP, there are dozens of options in the market from turkey to south africa and list is lengthy, they are cheap and cost less than a million a piece

if needs be army should cut all other expenditure be it the thunder, or new ships or subs but this has to be done first

every country did it be it srilanka in civil war(much poorer than us)

be it GULF countries in Yemen but some how our upper brass doesn't care and infarct is protected, as no body can criticize army or else we will be called unpatriotic agents

Reminds me of an acquaintance from my village who, after 15 days of his marriage, lost both his legs when a rocket ripped through their Toyota tinfoil van. He has recovered amazingly well on prosthetics but it indeed is painful to see such a lionhearted guy suffer like that due to criminal negligence up top

The amount military then spends on their rehabilitation and well being would be way less in the longer run if they properly equip and provide MRAPs

FC and their generals remind me of Hollywood movie enemy at the gates where Soviets used to send their ill-equipped troops to war despite knowing they all would be killed without doing any damage

Yup. But at least soviets were facing a respected adversary. These BLF/BLA guys are vermin. We should crush them easily but then we have some really uninterested Generals in Balochistan.

FC Balochistan needs more equipment and training. A bunch of mountain monkeys keep killing them

No worries. Plenty of meat available for the grinder- what is the worth of a life in Pakistan anyway? $2000?
Massive military and intelligence operation are underway, not everything is on television. Further don't forget your arch pumped half billion USD in insurgency so don't surprise if stooges succeeds on one or two occasions.

Massive military and intelligence operation are underway, not everything is on television. Further don't forget your arch pumped half billion USD in insurgency so don't surprise if stooges succeeds on one or two occasions.
These stooges wont succeed if there are precautions in place. Just blaming the adversary or “khoofiya haath” is an ostrich mindset.
I am well aware of what is happening behind the scenes and that is tangential to keeping these young men secure.
I lost my cousin because they sent him out to patrol with these “stooges” in a damn Hilux rather than a full fledged protective vehicle.

Inna lillahe wa inna alahe rajiun.

Hopefully FC gets upgraded. Loss of life is far greater then any other loss

These stooges wont succeed if there are precautions in place. Just blaming the adversary or “khoofiya haath” is an ostrich mindset.
I am well aware of what is happening behind the scenes and that is tangential to keeping these young men secure.
I lost my cousin because they sent him out to patrol with these “stooges” in a damn Hilux rather than a full fledged protective vehicle.

I am not making an argument for not having MRAPs, but at the end of the day, all of this comes back to money. Is there enough to equip all units? Unfortunately the answer is always no. The local version is obviously a useless platform thus it has not been rolled out in large numbers besides some limited use by Police. Like most third world countries, absent funding, manpower will be used to make up for shortfalls.

Also, the tone of this thread, "Generals don't care" is not apt. Which ever unit, wing, brigade or division loses its troops, it hits them hard all the way from a junior officer to those in command. The problem is that it is not up to the senior officers of FC. They make the call on equipment as their recommendations get rolled up and then someone from the finance ministry has to approve this funding for the interior ministry. This is where the lack of funding comes up. Both Army and FC need such platforms but neither has enough due to funding issues.

Deeply unfortunate. My condolences to the families.

May the terrorists be caught and be brought to justice.

Currently they are working on various things to secure our men but armoured vehicles cost of operating too high (fuel. Spares etc).

Sorry to hear about your loss. I myself lost three course mates (PMA 108 LC) but I am proud of them they lost their lives in different ops to secure their / our motherland.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom