What's new

5 reasons why India can become an education superpower

NeutralCitizen

Reaction score
Thanks to the impact of globalisation and the relatively low cost of education, several international students are looking at India as the next big destination to study.

Over the last few quarters, I have visited close to a hundred cities and towns in India.

Let me share my observations as to how education is shaping up in India.

5 reasons why India can become an education superpower! - Rediff Getahead

A recent post by an Indian member here I was reading about India's education system better then western.

A recent post by an Indian member here I was reading about India's education system better then western.
If one is talking about basic professional degrees like Bachelors in Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering or any other fields, then yes. It is very cheap and considering the few colleges of international repute, it indeed works out the best for even foreign students. But if one has to consider higher education or advanced degrees with hands on experience on advanced technology, then I am sorry, Indian institutions cannot compare with US or some European institutions/Universities. This from personal experience (an experience which includes a two year stint in IISc!)

Better than Western is far fetched, but I think India has one of the best college level education among developing countries. The curriculums and the way of teaching are very similar to those in US. When I was in graducate school, my Indian classmates usually pull out the textbook and said it was exactly what they used in college so they don't have to spend too much time on it, I really hated it. :undecided:

Bad thing about that is the brain drain, too many Indians working in western countries.

Back
Top Bottom