What's new

400 more fighter jets in IAF’s vision 2030

right product for all, not single. we are talking about 44 units per year for a single country lol
Whats there to be surprised? By next year, India would start getting fighters from 3 production lines ( existing MKI, Tejas and Rafale from France)... and a medium combat aircraft production line in India is in offing too( most probably F-18).

Whats there to be surprised? By next year, India would start getting fighters from 3 production lines ( existing MKI, Tejas and Rafale from France)... and a medium combat aircraft production line in India is in offing too( most probably F-18).
will not increase some serious maintenance cost because all of them are different aircrafts from different countries, is it feasible ?

will not increase some serious maintenance cost because all of them are different aircrafts from different countries, is it feasible ?

By not that much, as eventually we will produce the spares and subsystems within the country.

No, F-18 is dead. It's only Tejas, and Rafales. And MKIs production facility will close within a year or two, if no further orders are placed.

Well lAF have been using 6-7 types of aircrafts for decades now... even today we have 6 types of combat aircrfats of which 2 types will be replaced by Tejas and Rafale/other medium aircraft ultimately.

By not that much, as eventually we will produce the spares and subsystems within the country.

No, F-18 is dead. It's only Tejas, and Rafales. And MKIs production facility will close within a year or two, if no further orders are placed.
I meant an medium aircrfat under make in India is in offing....be it more Rafale or some other aircraft. And yeah MKI production line will be converted to FGFA one in next decade If I am not wrong

I meant an medium aircrfat under make in India is in offing....be it more Rafale or some other aircraft. And yeah MKI production line will be converted to FGFA one in next decade If I am not wrong

MKI production line will be used to upgrade the existing MKIs into Super Sukhois from 2018 onward. And more Rafales are coming, the price negotiation went pretty good.

they will never ever be the master of the skies of south Asia.
I'm sick of South Asia.
We Indians are dreaming of world, pakistanis are still stuck in South Asia.
On Topic:
We are not masters of skies in the region.
Not only South Asia, but Oceania, ASEAN and entire IOR, find me a single country which can even match our conventional forces. :D

and you forgot 200+ FGFA plan, now calculate :P
You forgot AMCA. I don't think it gonna be inducted by 2030(honestly) but at least would be in the sky.

right product for all, not single. we are talking about 44 units per year for a single country lol
C'MON, F-35 production is mostly US (2443)

UK (TIER 1 PARTNER): 138

TIER 2 PARTNERS:
ITALY 90
NETHERLANDS 37

TIER 3 PARTNERS:
AUSTRALIA 58
CANADA ? (OPTING OUT?)
DENMARK 30
NORWAY 52
TURKEY 100

Security Cooperative Participants (SCP)
ISRAEL 100