What's new

40 ways that china is beating america

Albatross

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
hrc_shanghai_huangpu_night_view.jpg

China is wiping the floor with the United States on the global economic stage, and most Americans are so clueless that they have absolutely no idea what is happening. The number one global economic superpower is in anadvanced state of decline, and the number two global economic superpower is becoming stronger with each passing day. Unless something truly dramatic happens, it is only a matter of time before China overtakes America and become the dominant SUPER POWER on the planet

#1 when you total up all imports and exports of goods, China is now the number one trading nation on the entire planet.

#2 During 2012, we sold about 110 billion dollars worth of stuff to the Chinese, but they sold about 425 billion dollars worth of stuff to us. That was the largest trade deficit that one nation has had with another nation in the history of the world.

#3 Overall, the U.S. has run a trade deficit with China over the past decade that comes to more than 2.3 trillion dollars.

#4 China now has the largest new car market in the entire world.

#5 China has more foreign currency reserves than anyone else on the planet.

#6 China is the number one gold producer in the world.

#7 China is also the number one gold importer in the world.

#8 The uniforms for the U.S. Olympic team were made in China.

#9 85 percent of all artificial Christmas trees are made in China.

#10 The new World Trade Center tower is going to include glass that has been imported from China.

#11 The new Martin Luther King memorial on the National Mall was made in China.

#12 One of the reasons it is so hard to export stuff to China is because of their tariffs. According to the New York Times, a Jeep Grand Cherokee that costs $27,490 in the United States costs about $85,000 in China thanks to all the tariffs.

#13 The Chinese economy has grown 7 times faster than the U.S. economy has over the past decade.

#14 The United States has lost a staggering 32 percent of its manufacturing jobs since the year 2000.
#15 The United States has lost an average of 50,000 manufacturing jobs per month since China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001.

#16 Overall, the United States has lost a total of more than 56,000manufacturing facilities since 2001.

#17 According to the Economic Policy Institute, America is losing half a million jobs to China every single year.

#18 China now produces more than twice as many automobiles as the United States does.

#19 Since the auto industry bailout, approximately 70 percent of all GM vehicles have been built outside the United States.

#20 After being bailed out by U.S. taxpayers, General Motors is currently involved in 11 joint ventures with companies owned by the Chinese government. The price for entering into many of these “joint ventures” was a transfer of “state of the art technology” from General Motors to the communist Chinese.

#21 Back in 1998, the United States had 25 percent of the world’s high-tech export market and China had just 10 percent. Ten years later, the United States had less than 15 percent and China’s share had soared to 20 percent.

#22 The United States has lost more than a quarter of all of its high-tech manufacturing jobs over the past ten years.

#23 China’s number one export to the U.S. is computer equipment, but the number one U.S. export to China is “scrap and trash”.

#24 The U.S. trade deficit with China is now more than 30 times larger than it was back in 1990.

#25 China now consumes more energy than the United States does.

#26 China is now the leading manufacturer of goods in the entire world.

#27 China uses more cement than the rest of the world combined.

#28 China is now the number one producer of wind and solar power on the entire globe.

#29 There are more pigs in China than in the next 43 pork producing nationscombined.

#30 Today, China produces nearly twice as much beer as the United States does.

#31 Right now, China is producing more than three times as much coal as the United States does.

#33 China now produces 11 times as much steel as the United States does.

#34 China produces more than 90 percent of the global supply of rare earth elements.

#35 China is now the number one supplier of components that are critical to the operation of U.S. defense systems.

#36 A recent investigation by the U.S. Senate Committee on Armed Services found more than one million counterfeit Chinese parts in the Department of Defense supply chain.

#37 15 years ago, China was 14th in the world in published scientific research articles. But now, China is expected to pass the United States and become number one very shortly.

#38 China now awards more doctoral degrees in engineering each year than the United States does.

#39 The average household debt load in the United States is 136% of average household income. In China, the average household debt load is 17% of average household income.

#40 The Chinese have begun to buy up huge amounts of U.S. real estate. In fact, Chinese citizens purchased one out of every ten homes that were sold in the state of California in 2011.

Nobel economist Robert W. Fogel of the University of Chicago is projecting that if current trends continue, the Chinese economy will be three times larger than the U.S. economy by the year 2040.

Could you imagine a world where China has vastly more economic power than the U.S. does and dictates the direction of the global economy?

That is where we are heading.

The dragon is rising and the torch is being passed.

40 Ways That China Is Beating America | InvestmentWatch

And Indians on PDF says its just a matter of days when India would be ahead of China and give all sorts of example k in last five years our this doubled our that doubled and don't see in the same time period China is tripled ..Anyways great news congratulations to china and I am sure after establishing the under construction widening project of karakoram highway and high speed rail link china's economy would become even stronger.

And Indians on PDF says its just a matter of days when India would be ahead of China and give all sorts of example k in last five years our this doubled our that doubled and don't see in the same time period China is tripled ..Anyways great news congratulations to china and I am sure after establishing the under construction widening project of karakoram highway and high speed rail link china's economy would become even stronger.

I guess in reality indians do understand where they stand and knows very well their poverty,corruption and lack of technology issues its just they like to brag here on online forum about things they even themselves know dont exist so dont worry about them..

@ topic I am personally amazed how china has actually totally transformed herself from a normal struggling state to a going to be a superpower state..Great development and we should learn from her.

#1 when you total up all imports and exports of goods, China is now the number one trading nation on the entire planet.

#21 Back in 1998, the United States had 25 percent of the world’s high-tech export market and China had just 10 percent. Ten years later, the United States had less than 15 percent and China’s share had soared to 20 percent.

#26 China is now the leading manufacturer of goods in the entire world.

#27 China uses more cement than the rest of the world combined.

#33 China now produces 11 times as much steel as the United States does.

#37 15 years ago, China was 14th in the world in published scientific research articles. But now, China is expected to pass the United States and become number one very shortly.

#5 China has more foreign currency reserves than anyone else on the planet.

those are pretty impressive..

Passing US is no big deal for China and India. They are giants (even for US) and they have massive amounts of natural resources.
I guess in reality indians do understand where they stand and knows very well their poverty,corruption and lack of technology issues its just they like to brag here on online forum about things they even themselves know dont exist so dont worry about them..

@ topic I am personally amazed how china has actually totally transformed herself from a normal struggling state to a going to be a superpower state..Great development and we should learn from her.
There is no need for technology if you have +1m population. Because they will always attract foreign investments, even from countries like Iran and Turkey. However China is slowly losing its advantage, and India's population is rising damn fast. They would pass China, but probably we won't see it. :D

Passing US is no big deal for China and India. They are giants (even for US) and they have massive amounts of natural resources.

There is no need for technology if you have +1m population. Because they will always attract foreign investments, even from countries like Iran and Turkey. However China is slowly losing its advantage, and India's population is rising damn fast. They would pass China, but probably we won't see it. :D

Dont agree with you at all as its not population only technologies matters a lot ..Brits ruled subcontinent for centuries with lot less population but with their high tech..Roots of chinese society are different and literacy rate is lot better than india I guess india only needs another hundred years to match chinese literacy rate and about tech India has not yet made even a single defence notable thing themselves .I really dont see any comparison yeah foreign investment is there but lack of education and security has kept it lower than china so far and it will remain like that as far as any neutral person will see.Why else we would see apple,hp,acer etc all major US brands getting their product made in China. India had a big population even in last decade when all that happened.

Dont agree with you at all as its not population only technologies matters a lot ..Brits ruled subcontinent for centuries with lot less population but with their high tech.
The Brits did not rule subcontinent through technology. They ruled because they realized Indians had a limited capacity for organized self-government: above village level, in their eyes, most everything was chaos or war. That's why so many Indians, both princes and commoners, welcomed the Brits with open arms and treasuries. Once India's upper crust and military absorbed British education and techniques it wasn't long before they realized they could reclaim their country to their own profit, rather than that of the British and the common people.

What was the need to drag India here. :cheesy:

"40 ways China is beating the US", way #37 China isn't actually beating the US but it is included in the list anyways.

:facepalm:

an honest and neutral analysis.:tup:

Congrats to China on this great achievement :tup:

I Wish my country to reach the same spot in couple of decades.

There was not even a single word mentioning India in the post #1

And right on the Post #2 you dragged India here because of your obsession

Better talk about your own country then others :rolleyes:

Wonder what would happen if China got a taste of own medicine...

#12 One of the reasons it is so hard to export stuff to China is because of their tariffs. According to the New York Times, a Jeep Grand Cherokee that costs $27,490 in the United States costs about $85,000 in China thanks to all the tariffs.

Bottom line is that the items in the list created a false impression of what would make a country overall an economic superior to another. For couple examples, China and the US is geographically near identical, but China has 1/4 arable land. This agricultural potential is not factored. US Olympics uniforms made in China is at best a logistical embarrassment, but hardly an indicator that textile is a lost craft in the US.

But I guess people, especially the non-Chinese cheerleaders, need something to escape their lives. :lol:

These two are really funny...

#38 China now awards more doctoral degrees in engineering each year than the United States does.

I used to work for Micron (semiconductor industry). Many years ago we explored options to either partner with Chinese companies and/or expanding in mainland China, we already had partnerships with Taiwanese companies. Micron is practically obsessive/compulsive regarding data collection/analyses, even more so than Samsung. Some would say grossly overkill. Anyway, we studied the differences between mainland China, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, and South Korea. Everything from production floor environment to executive officers, from education to training, from experience to creativity. We did all this under the radar, from doing with our own people to hired technical consultants. Nothing illegal or even unethical. Just good business sense.

To a team, mainland China ranks the lowest in terms of creativity, from Production to Executive. Oddly enough, the most enthusiastic were technicians and engineers to do the proverbial 'thinking outside the box'. Not the executive ranks. Managers are foremost political animals, even if a manager came from the engineering ranks. I know executive 'suits' who came from Production. Like my old boss...

Steve Appleton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Appleton started his career at Micron shortly after graduation in 1983, working the night shift in production.
Appleton averaged one promotion per year in his entire career at Micron. Like most, I never knew the guy personally, but he was at least respected throughout and I was saddened at his death.

Anyway, even though guys like Appleton are rarities in the US, they are not unknown but they are even more rare in China. In the US, a manager is a political animal in the restricted sense of corporate politics. But in China, executive managers in corporate China are beholden to The Party and every decision must be analyzed through the ideological prism set by The Party. The result, then, now, and most likely for a long time to come, is that creativity throughout corporate China is considerably stifled when compared to the enormous human intellectual potential. I know (and works with) Chinese engineers who initially were hesitant at making decisions that literally could halt an entire product line for weeks, from the fab all the way to shipping, just on their 'because I say so'. To them, that kind of decisions are restricted to the 'suits' and would take weeks, if not months, to make. In the mean time, deficient or even defective products continues to go to customers.

We all make mistakes, including US. But we do not hesitate to empower the human will to exercise authority to correct mistakes, the same will that is on a par with creativity that gave the world so much technological advances. So as long as The Party continues to have its tentacles deep into corporations, from top to mid or even low level managerial levels, all that patents and degrees are next to useless and China will continue to remain our manufacturing -- not inventive -- partners.

Sad part for the Chinese members here is that none of them have any industrial and/or manufacturing experience to DIRECTLY relate to what I am saying...

Back
Top Bottom