What's new

40+ RD-93 engines to be supplied to China in 2010

im sure we will sell them to srilanka in future very very sure low cost unless indians dont do any fingering by selling old tech tejas and im sure if they do they will not suceed becoz china is also a good friend of srilankns and they will buy it man

With due respect Sir, perhaps not exactly one for each plane.......may be one for every two!!!

Hi,

That is fine too---maybe we should ask our air force members what they know---

Maybe GAMBIT can tell us how the USAF works---1 spare for each plane or more---.

Thunder JF17 china & pakistan ARE dependant on a Russian engine this can be very tricky during high tension scenario with india. in the future.

just imagine PAF has 50 or 80 rd93 equipped thunders then russia stops spares. for CRITICAL COMPONENTS.

i SURPRISED that china has not yet produced a adequate engine.

RD93 is hardly cutting engine TVC tech engine.

Thunder JF17 china & pakistan ARE dependant on a Russian engine this can be very tricky during high tension scenario with india. in the future.

just imagine PAF has 50 or 80 rd93 equipped thunders then russia stops spares. for CRITICAL COMPONENTS.

our engineers and technecian are pretty smart, they kept our falcons in the air for nearly a decade or so.....

our engineers and technecian are pretty smart, they kept our falcons in the air for nearly a decade or so.....

Hi,

Interesting---pak barely had the planes flying first of all---secondly that was a time of peace not war---in time of war you don't have the time to put together things.

The pak falcons could not have flown for more than two days---maximum three in case of hostilities.

You need the parts to keep the planes in air---not that the pak techs could manufacture them.

That is why you need at least two spare engines in reserve.

Russia won't do much in conflict---china would have surplus engines and parts available.

Why would Russia stop selling engines to Pakistan during high tensions with India?

Firstly, it's not like we get the engines for free and secondly they wouldn't want to screw their customers just to please India.

Even if they do stop, then we still have China to look forward to. I am sure they would be more than happy to give us few engines. Afterall, it is in China's interest to see Pakistan giving Indians a tough time.

Pakistan alone want 200 to 250 JF17 (According to wiki). remaining 250 for china. Problem solved.

China will not remain JF-17,they are for export(52%profit belong to Pak,and 48% to China),and the engine of Russia is more cheap and productive for export

China will not remain JF-17,they are for export(52%profit belong to Pak,and 48% to China),and the engine of Russia is more cheap and productive for export

But it makes you less competitive against Russian exports.

But it makes you less competitive against Russian exports.
russian 4gen fighter are expensive with respect to thunder.
LOW COST 4th GEN AIRCRAFT is pretty attrective for third world countries,which could deliver almost all kind of advace weapon.
thunder is a well planed project to achive this GOAL:pakistan::china:.
:taz:

Hi,

For every plane that you have---you may need one engine in reserve----which means that when one is taken out for repairs, you can install another one witin hours.

IN my opinion, not every plane would need a backup engine of that kind. All the planes would not need an engine repair at the same time. If we take above mentioned scenario, 100 Jets can have 25 spare engines at most.

When 500 engines are being ordered, I see China inducting these birds.

In't that proportion 58% (Pakistan) and 42% (China) as presented in another forum?

Back
Top Bottom