What's new

Featured 4 gunmen attacked Pakistan Stock Exchange building in Karachi

PSX attackers eliminated in eight minutes: DG Rangers
Web Desk On Jun 29, 2020
dg-rangers-1.jpg

KARACHI: Sindh Rangers Director General Umer Ahmed Bukhari has said gunemen who attempted to storm the Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) building in today’s gun and grenade attack were exterminated within eight minutes of the attack.

Speaking at a media briefing alongside Karachi police chief Ghulam Nabi Memon, he said the terrorists came in a car at 10:02 pm and were eliminated at 10:10 pm as a combined unit of security agencies foiled the attack in eight minutes.

The Rangers DG said the attackers had planned to storm the PSX building for a long assault but two of them were killed at the entrance to the building while the other two were shot dead by security personnel later.

Read More: Four terrorists killed as security forces foil Pakistan Stock Exchange terror attack

He said they were armed to teeth as they had AK47s, hand grenades, and food.

DG Bukhari quoted a tweet that attributed the terrorist attack to the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA).

The Rangers, police and security guards of the Pakistan Stock Exchange jointly foiled the attack, he said, adding the attackers wanted to play havoc with Pakistan’s economy and peace as they made a botched attempt to disrupt peace of the country’s financial hub.

Read More: Minister sees ‘foreign hand’ behind PSX attack

The DG said there was a probability of the involvement of foreign agencies in the attack, especially India’s RAW as Karachi’s peace was a cause for New Delhi’s frustration. The attack had similarities to the 2018 attack on the Chinese consulate in Karachi that was also carried out by BLA men, he added.

I'm usually rational. I have resisted from indulging in 'pti bad' and 'bajwa bad'. But if our establishment is fucking asleep in bed with god knows who then I will not tolerate it. If one more attack happens India must be hit across Mumbai, Dehli, Kolkota and Kashmir. If they try attacking, China and Pakistan should make an example of them that this is what happens to those who think they can attack countries with no consequences.

Well in morning i was really really angry, told the concerned that my head will explode but then ....you do what you got to do

Once during a discussion with my older brother, he said that he didn't choose the intelligence field because it is a thankless goalkeeper's job, meaning no matter how many goals the goalie saves, he is remembered and blamed for the one's he conceded.

If he can think this (he carries stars on his chest), you should cut yourself some slack. I wish with all my heart i was able to serve my country in some way.

Thank you.

A complete waste of human lives as well.

A strange kind of mindset.

Terrorists are known to take drugs to suppress their humanity at the time of the deed. A person with functioning senses might reconsider.
I wish bests for your Army and i hope they overcome these Foreign funded terrorist Groups asap.

Once Pak Army increases its presence in that area, all these sad event would Come to an end God willing.

I could point my fingers to the responsible ones and explain you how they work. But this is a sad moment. May the lost ones rest in peace. Know for sure sir, Iran has been fighting these Foreign funded Groups for years now. Inshallah their end is near.

You guyz have already declared India as Culprit and choosing means of terrorism to retaliate?? Don't you people of pure-land need an introspection???

https://www.dawn.com/news/1565922/a...an-stock-exchange-compound-in-karachi-rangers

'Eight-minute operation'
Sindh Rangers Director General Omer Ahmed Bukhari, during a press conference, said that the terrorists were eliminated within eight minutes. He told reporters that a combined operation by security agencies started at 10:02am and the attackers were killed by 10:10am.

Once the attackers were killed, security forces carried out a clearance operation and normalcy was restored to the area within 30-35 minutes.

He said that the terrorists had planned a long assault, that included bloodshed and holding people inside the building hostage. All the attackers were equipped with AK47s, hand grenades and food.

5ef9b6d98cd8a.png

Sindh Rangers Director General Omer Ahmed Bukhari addresses a press conference. — DawnNewsTV

The DG said that a tweet had been posted in which the attack has been attributed to the Balochistan Liberation Army outfit, adding that a final statement on it will be issued after investigation.

In response to a question, the DG acknowledged that the attack bore similarities to an attack on the Chinese consulate in Karachi that was carried out by BLA militants in 2018.

Bukhari added that the possibility of the involvement of foreign agencies, especially India's Research and Analysis Wing, cannot be ruled out, saying that such attacks are not "stand-alone incidents" and cannot take place without the aid of "outside intelligence agencies".

"Straightaway, I can assure you that this terrorist incident cannot have taken place without [the help of an] outside agency. And among them, RAW's frustration is apparent to all of you," he said.

Responding to a question, Bukhari denied the suggestion that the attack represented an intelligence failure, adding that security forces' response was "in place" and the militants "could not achieve any of their motives".

Karachi police chief Ghulam Nabi Memon also backed Bukhari's statement, saying that since the attack on Chinese consulate, there have been other attempts that were foiled by security agencies. He said that it was a triumph for the country's security forces as they had responded promptly and thwarted the motives of the attackers.

"We were prepared when they came, we had a good response, we had good coordination with intelligence," he said.

Bukhari said that the militants may have wanted to show that they have the ability to target high-profile places but they had been humiliated because they were eliminated within minutes. The Sindh Rangers DG said that investor confidence in the country had increased.

Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry in a tweet said that an investigation of the incident must be held from "all angles".

"Foreign hands and planning of a network similar to Kulbhushan Jadhav's are involved in this attack."

DG ISPR
@OfficialDGISPR

#COAS paid glowing tributes to security guards of #PSX, who sacrificed their lives as first responders vigilantly checking terrorist’s entry to PSX foiling a major terrorist incident. Appreciating LEAs for their operational readiness, COAS lauded prompt, effective
and integrated response of Pak Rangers & Sindh Police, eliminating terrorists in shortest possible time. “With support of our resilient nation, we will foil all efforts of enemies aimed at destabilizing hard earned peace achieved through sacrifices of our martyrs” COAS.

8:15 AM · Jun 29, 2020·

Back
Top Bottom