What's new

36-hr nonstop hartal from Sunday

Amra jemon, amader leader ra o temon and they are elected by us. Most of the people are not sensible, so our leaders are not elected by sensible people. You can be highly educated and sensible but wont work, you will get a nonsense leader for the majority. As like how much logical, graphical and ratio analysis you do in the stock market but wont work (sometimes), cos most of the investors do not do that. I heard, in USA their govt gives stocks as pension to the govt employee instead of cash if the retired person can be benefited from investing there. Now think how stable is their stock market and politics. So it will take time to expect that we will get a sensible leader and stable elected by sensible majority.

No it was just an example.

Lets not get into the stock market thing bro, USA also experienced some crazy a$$ stock market crashes. Many of which would put our dorbesh baba to shame.

Wait...are you talking about a civil war? Well, the factors are certainly there in the long term!

No it was just an example.

Just shut up everyone, had a conversation with a rickshaw puller today
(the only invincible vehicle in hartal) the way he cursed Khaleda and Hasina
was quite embarrassing, even they are pissed off.

We are talking about 2 days of Hortal but How is the feeling when their daily life, time and energy become exhausted to fight with food price syndicated by political leaders both AL and BNP?

@ BNP

When it was you time you could not do good. Now why giving Hortal? Can you do good next time? Very unlikely.

We are talking about 2 days of Hortal but How is the feeling when their daily life, time and energy become exhausted to fight with food price syndicated by political leaders both AL and BNP?

Of-course I don't support Hartal, does that mean I follow AL? I don't think so.
Do you think its fair to keep those poor people a day without work as being fair?
A day counts man, I've seen the sufferings that AL caused in 95, 06
theres no way Hartal should be a thing to support. Ofcourse unless
people follows a certain ideology. Hartal is just a tool for
ones power it has nothing to do with commodity price.
Just check the prices on Tuesday you'll know what I mean.

I hope Ershad runs solo next time .

Lets not get into the stock market thing bro, USA also experienced some crazy a$$ stock market crashes. Many of which would put our dorbesh baba to shame.

Er...that's not the point.

Let me explain to you as to what exactly happened in Bangladesh's stock market:
1. Many of the PLCs listed in the stock exchange weren't doing well as a result of poor performance in their day-to-day business. Having observed this, what those business owners do is that they buy the shares of their own company in order to raise the share price. They don't care about the efficiency and effectiveness of their business, they just want money.
2. Many of the small investors don't even know how to do trade on the stock exchange. One day, they saw the high share prices that were purposely inflated and having thought that it was a good deal and worth many returns, they bought it. A LOT of it.
3. When the small investors realized that they aren't getting any returns, they knew they lost all their money. As a result, they went on a rampage. That is what happens when financial illiterates trade on the stock exchange. Their line of thinking is like achkae invest korbo, khalkhe boro lokh hobo. This is the thinking of an illiterate.
4. The stock manipulators were AL men. Salman Rahman is the chief of them.
5. Whenever AL comes to power, there are always problems in the stock exchange. During BNP, this hardly happens.

The stock market crash is one of the contributors to the low liquidity we have at the moment. Banks aren't lending loans too easily.

I hope Ershad runs solo next time .

Its time for a man to run the country. I could care less about his personal life. Never leave a man's job to a woman.

Er...that's not the point.

Let me explain to you as to what exactly happened in Bangladesh's stock market:
1. Many of the PLCs listed in the stock exchange weren't doing well as a result of poor performance in their day-to-day business. Having observed this, what those business owners do is that they buy the shares of their own company in order to raise the share price. They don't care about the efficiency and effectiveness of their business, they just want money.
2. Many of the small investors don't even know how to do trade on the stock exchange. One day, they saw the high share prices that were purposely inflated and having thought that it was a good deal and worth many returns, they bought it. A LOT of it.
3. When the small investors realized that they aren't getting any returns, they knew they lost all their money. As a result, they went on a rampage. That is what happens when financial illiterates trade on the stock exchange. Their line of thinking is like achkae invest korbo, khalkhe boro lokh hobo. This is the thinking of an illiterate.
4. The stock manipulators were AL men. Salman Rahman is the chief of them.
5. Whenever AL comes to power, there are always problems in the stock exchange. During BNP, this hardly happens.

The stock market crash is one of the contributors to the low liquidity we have at the moment. Banks aren't lending loans too easily.

Its time for a man to run the country. I could care less about his personal life. Never leave a man's job to a woman.

Yep, you are partly right about the stock market issue, but there are more things to it. There is already a liquidity crisis on the market with lending rate around 17% and now government comes up with its ambitious ADP program. This glorious ADP program will without a doubt make the situation much more worse, i dont know what the government is thinking.

Let it be ershad ,yunus or whoever guy that is
so that this Begums are gone for good. Both of 'em
had two terms anyways.

All those lives were not spent to liberate our country to establish an Islamic Republic. Everyone fought for freedom and equal rights.
Brother, please show me a single piece of historic document (Dalil), in where ingredients of Muktijudha's engineering were anti-Islamic besides relieving East-Pakis from Westerener's control?

Isnt it funny how all the indians like that anti hartal post? Do people not remember how frequent the hartals were called by awami league during the BNP time? Every single one I talk to this days who voted for awami league has vowed never to make that mistake again. Hartals have consequences but this govt has crossed its limits. Talk to anyone in the streets and they will tell you how the crime rate have been skyrocketing in the last few years. Look at how all the opposition leaders and anyone Sheikh Hasina disagrees with is being detained and tortured. How can any sane foreign country support this fascist regime is beyond me.

For your kind information Brother, we are a democratic country..... It is not Islamic Republic of Bangladesh...... It is People's Republic of Bangladesh.

All those lives were not spent to liberate our country to establish an Islamic Republic. Everyone fought for freedom and equal rights.

You cannot just do whatever you want if you are just a majority. Even Islam, for your kind information, would not support it.

1971 was against the oppression and killings , tyranny. . .not against islam. we previously chose to be in a islamic state in 1947. . I wonder those who fought in 1971 had any idea about this secularism... If we are secular then what is the difference between us and west bengal??? Remove the boundary then..

For your kind information Brother, we are a democratic country..... It is not Islamic Republic of Bangladesh...... It is People's Republic of Bangladesh.

You cannot just do whatever you want if you are just a majority. Even Islam, for your kind information, would not support it.

Awami league and it's Tagore loving intellectual try to tell us that liberation war was to establish secular state. My humble question to you, where does it mention about secularism in Mujib six point.

East Pakistan didn't separate from West fighting against Islam. It was mixed up many things but Islam wasn't it. We are Muslim first and Bangladeshi second. I can only hope that you are not a follower of those bay-deen Awami intelectual.

Courts, cops take fizz out of strike

Dhaka, June 12 (bdnews24.com) — Mobile courts have arrested and handed down punishment to around 80 opposition activists during the Sunday's shutdown for anarchy on the streets and obstructing normal life.

BNP activists were arrested during previous general strikes also, but this is first time mobile courts have been deployed to punish law-breakers during the lockdown. Eleven mobile courts have hit the 42 areas under Dhaka Metropolitan Police to prevent any kind of violence or anarchy.

As per information, until 7.30pm, at least 77 people were given jail for varying terms and fined mainly for vandalism, across the country. The number was 56 the previous day for Dhaka only.

At least 13 people, including former home minister Altaf Hossain Chowdhury and former water resources minister Hafiz Uddin Ahmed, also vice-presidents of the main opposition party, were picked up from Mohakhali in the morning.

Gulshan Police Station in-charge Shah Alam told bdnews24.com that they were arrested for obstructing vehicular movement. Besides, police arrested at least 24 in Barguna, 10 in Sylhet, four in Bandarban, two in Kishoreganj and one in Noakhali. BNP claims that over 700 of its supporters were arrested since the hartal was declared on Friday.

Addressing a press conference, party's acting secretary-general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir also criticised the penalties awarded by the mobile courts, terming their action 'one-sided'. He also claimed that the sentences were pronounced under the provisions of tobacco and anti-drug law of 1952.

However, executive magistrates engaged with the courts denied the observation, saying they were awarding punishments under certain sections of the penal code, which provide for penal action for obstruction in government duty.

Home minister Shahara Khatun told reporters that the measures were taken against only those responsible for anarchy on the streets. "The mobile courts are working in line with the law. None, even ministers, can speak about and against the court," she stressed.

Since early morning, BNP activists started gathering in front of the party's central office at Naya Paltan. Police cordoned off the headquarters and foiled their attempts to bring out processions. The BNP and Jamaat-e-Islami are enforcing the 36-hour shutdown since 6am on Sunday to protest the government move to repeal the non-party caretaker government system, and the recommendations of the special parliamentary committee on constitution amendment.

Calling the general strike pointless, ruling Awami League has asked the opposition to join parliament and discuss the issues. No significant picketing was seen in other parts of the capital as huge contingents of law-enforcers had been deployed at different points.

Most of the shops and business establishments in the city kept their shutters down until midday of the sixth BNP-sponsored lockdown since the Awami League-led alliance come to power in 2009. Few motorised vehicles, including buses and auto-rickshaws operated, though rickshaws out-numbered all other modes of transport on the roads. No inter-district bus left the terminals.

The authorities said train and flight operations went on as usual.

Presence in the Supreme Court, Secretariat and offices was much less than normal days, and both Dhaka and Chittagong stock exchanges recorded falls – 313.52 and 188.98 points, respectively.

Two buses were torched at Mirpur Section 13 shortly before the start of the nonstop general strike. Nine vehicles — seven buses, a taxicab and a CNG-run auto-rickshaw — were set ablaze in the city on Saturday – a day prior to the 36-hour general strike.

An equal number of vehicles were also set blaze on the eve of June 5 lockdown, enforced by the main opposition party and its main ally over the same issue.

2011-06-12-22-33-12-June........Twelve%2040.jpg

2011-06-12-22-32-31-June........Twelve%2037.jpg

2011-06-12-22-32-11-June........Twelve%2034.jpg

2011-06-12-22-31-43-June........Twelve%2031.jpg

2011-06-12-18-15-42-June........Twelve%2019.jpg

2011-06-12-18-14-17-June........Twelve%2010.jpg

2011-06-12-12-03-21-6.jpg

2011-06-12-12-02-31-4.jpg

The strike doesn't look very effective.

The strike doesn't look very effective.[/QUOTE]

I guess sitting in India or Australia reading AL internet websites and news media centres the strike would not look effective. Sitting in Dhaka the majority people are behind the strike and are on the whole conforming to it.

I guess sitting in India or Australia reading AL internet websites and news media centres the strike would not look effective. Sitting in Dhaka the majority people are behind the strike and are on the whole conforming to it.

I guess those images are photoshopped then:cheesy: How on earth am I supposed to know if a website is AL backed or BNP.

There should be a hartal.

The more effective in bringing everything to a standstill the better for people who want change.

The people must air their grievances.

One has to respect democratic ways of protest.

The economy can come later.

Awami leauge has become burden to Bangladeshi nation. Bangladeshi no longer can carry the weigh of Awami league. they want relief from this azab. This Hartal and previous one tells us that Awami acceptably among Bangladesh has gone to zero. No disrespect to you but present time Awami is more popular in India than Bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom