What's new

31 killed as militants attack Pakistan army checkpost

I wonder what got into Mr.Jinnah to make a deal with tribals to join Pakistan...Must have left them with Afghanistan and we hadnt seen so much bloodshed....

60+ years has passed & you still blaming Hazrat Muhammad Ali Jinnah (R.A), isn't this fault of those who remained in power for these 60+ years & didn't get rid of all sort of tribalism, feudalism, waderana, sardarana, jageerdarana systems?

Sorry i don't agree with your post & IMO GoP & polititions are to be blamed not Jinnah or innocent Tribals.

Then give away Tribal belt to Afghanistan. Make another border from where PA has total control.

Thing is Pakistan govt. and Army are not certain what to do with Tribal belt.

wow...you can also troll...:woot:

@American Pakistani Yaar, he has been saying many things about Tribals, so I asked him why not propose this idea. After all I also want peace in Pakistan. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like one Mufti did here ?

People telling us here that we destroy the image of Pakistan .. Btw Osama was also a Pushtun ? isnt it ?

And Sheikh Khalid Mohammed and Ramzi Youssef as well? Ilyas Kashmiri? Rashid who attacked Musharraf? 2 militants from Abtabad were caught as well and were Hindkowans. Terrorism knows no race @Safriz. You spit at your own people they will spit at you and it will only be a welcome development for Luffy and Indian trolls in that case. :lol:

I will do my work for Azad Deccan Council for free this time. This is total interference in our affairs. My fathers side is linked to the Deccan anyway and they stole Hyderabad, now they are trying to divide us.

Also Safriz and other Pashtun haters should study psychology, when there is 50%+ unemployment, the region has been used as a haven for fighters in 1980's to see a Soviet defeat, literacy at 22%, almost the lowest in Pakistan what will happen when someone offers an unemployed, hungry man 20,000 Ruppees (double the salary of a driver) and a job to fight for the Taliban as is happening now. 300,000 jobs are needed as observers have stated.

Also I wasn't born a Pashtun, my family moved from Lucknow and we have very minor links to Pashtuns through a princess long ago and that also unproven. Anyone can feel sympathy with the way there is bias and discrimination against them but our people are becoming so callous that they fail to understand this simple fact? In fact I identify as such to break down muhajir identity as a false one and to create goodwill. How can we forget Pashtuns sacrifice for our country?

yes they are and also sikhs as well. the Kapoor family moved from Peshawar to India

Lots of Hindus and Sikhs in Pakhtunkhwa. 1224 are in Peshawar and more than 1900 in FATA. There are Hindus in Balochistan as well but the greatest concentration is in Sindh where they make up approximately 8.5% of the total population of Sindh. Jogindar Nath Mandal is the lion of Pakistani Hindu community.

I will do my work for Azad Deccan Council for free this time. This is total interference in our affairs. My fathers side is linked to the Deccan anyway and they stole Hyderabad, now they are trying to divide us.

This is an internet open forum, grasp the concept. Please try to find a real life instead of acting like a little baby every now and then and weaving yarns and living in fantasies and issuing lame threats.

If you think RAW operatives are using this forum to create trouble in your tribal belt, then complain to webmaster. I'm sure he has a sense of humor.

And Sheikh Khalid Mohammed and Ramzi Youssef as well? Ilyas Kashmiri? Rashid who attacked Musharraf? 2 militants from Abtabad were caught as well and were Hindkowans. Terrorism knows no race @Safriz. You spit at your own people they will spit at you and it will only be a welcome development for Luffy and Indian trolls in that case. :lol:

Also Safriz and other Pashtun haters should study psychology, when there is 50%+ unemployment, the region has been used as a haven for fighters in 1980's to see a Soviet defeat, literacy at 22%, almost the lowest in Pakistan what will happen when someone offers an unemployed, hungry man 20,000 Ruppees (double the salary of a driver) and a job to fight for the Taliban as is happening now. 300,000 jobs are needed as observers have stated.

Also I wasn't born a Pashtun, my family moved from Lucknow and we have very minor links to Pashtuns through a princess long ago and that also unproven. Anyone can feel sympathy with the way there is bias and discrimination against them but our people are becoming so callous that they fail to understand this simple fact? In fact I identify as such to break down muhajir identity as a false one and to create goodwill. How can we forget Pashtuns sacrifice for our country?

Lots of Hindus and Sikhs in Pakhtunkhwa. 1224 are in Peshawar and more than 1900 in FATA. There are Hindus in Balochistan as well but the greatest concentration is in Sindh where they make up approximately 8.5% of the total population of Sindh. Jogindar Nath Mandal is the lion of Pakistani Hindu community.

Terrorism knows no race but terrorists get support due to their race.
That was the point.

Talking of 1980's it wasnt only the tribal areas,the whole country was awash with Afghan refugees who used to go to Afghanistan for 'jihad' while leaving their families safe in Pakistan.
Tribal areas made money in that era by selling guns and ammo to a very huge market ... The afghan fighters.
Now they put up an innocent face.

About unemplyment...which employer will risk setting up a business there and employ people?

You may remember Gadoon Amazai indistrial estate?
And now another being built in Malakand.
So its not that they are not given emploment oppertunities.

http://dawn.com/2013/01/05/malakand-industrial-estate-to-attract-private-investment/

That was the point.

Talking of 1980's it wasnt only the tribal areas,the whole country was awash with Afghan refugees who used to go to Afghanistan for 'jihad' while leaving their families safe in Pakistan.
Tribal areas made money in that era by selling guns and ammo to a very huge market ... The afghan fighters.

About unemplyment...which employer will risk setting up a business there and employ people?

Well if you must look at it that way then Pakistan and in specific the Punjabis (just because Punjab is the biggest province) made even more money from that war that you mentioned. From the Americans, the Saudis, the other Arabs. In fact this largessee and religious donation system got perfected only then. So now does that make Pakistan and the punjabis more culpable and responsible for the terrorism in Pakistan today? The same terrorism because of which these tribals are suffering. What about the concept of strategic depth and keeping Afghanistan perpetually on a low leve of civilian conflict and then the introduction of the Taliban? Where do the poor Tribals figure as the problem? They were just doing the bidding of the masters in Punjab all this while. Weren't they?

I do not lie. Use your brain. You aren't the hero of a Tamil film dodging rockets from TNLA fighters backed by Veerappan. Use your brain before it rusts. Generally Pakistanis know more about Pakistan and Indians about India.

The army first thing, does not take these kinds of figures on the ethnic composition of its troops. This is the proof, Mr troll:

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/pdfid/4b6fe2d94.pdf
Page 12

The majority of figures state 25%. ISPR is better dead because it is only capable of making silly, incorrect statements.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

These are the top analysts on Pakistan currently. ISPR does not know ****. Their job is not to collect statistics so when someone asks them they bullshit about figures that are either outdated or incorrect. As the above source claims ISPR is incapable of research of this kind and has or keeps no record of ethnic groups in the army. There are no OFFICIAL FIGURES as the above source claims so even they qouted from somewhere and their answer is incorrect.

There is no official figure even if they do qoute things. The dawn article was severely criticized and should be taken down for giving incorrect information because in 2007 that was NOT the ethnic makeup of the army. There was only a small period when Punjabis heavily outnumbered everyone by proportion. The real issue is with the make-up of Sindhis and Balochs.

Now for my final point. Punjabis (mostly sikhs) make up 15-20% of the army while Punjab comprises only 2.29% of the Indian. Furthermore while muslims comprise 3% of the army with their 13.5% population. In developed nations people simply do not care which ethnic group or religious group makes up what. So in Pakistan this does not matter to us-it only does in the fact that Pashtuns are better capable of handling the TTP since they are from the geographic locality. That is it!
@MastanKhan, @TaimiKhan, @Hyperion, @Pukhtoon and others can confirm that army has a higher proportion of Pashtuns and Punjabis than other groups as percentage. Now stop trolling.

That you needed ad-hominems and some silly humor to try make a point shows that you had none and you were caught lying through your teeth. But considering you are a fiction writer who is primarily here to grab some eyeballs for your book I understand your plight.

But for the uninitiated here is the real truth, the ISPR version of the truth,

Punjab’s dominance in army being reduced: ISPR -DAWN - Top Stories; September 14, 2007

Within a decade (2001-2011), the composition of Pakhtuns in the army would increase by one per cent to 14.5 per cent.

And this is the exact class composition as of 2007-

This table is taken directly from the Information Brief released by ISPR -

12-1_zps1690822e.jpg

Source :

Xeric's Primer: Information Brief by Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR)

http://khakiate.wordpress.com/2012/08/31/information-brief-by-inter-services-public-relations-ispr/

(Maintained by this forum member Xeric I guess)

Information Brief by Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR)

Havi you are just an emotionally fragile compulsive liar who hopes lying again and again and repeating the same would make naive people here think its the truth. Please dont try that with people who know where to get information. This is the internet age for allah sakes..dont try to insult the intelligence of others.

@Irfan Baloch - You too dont believe in the ISPR version, just to score a brownie point here ?

@WebMaster - Hi can you atleast restrain these "Junior TTs" from getting so unfactual in their posts and basically telling untruths without doing proper research and basically relying on "I've confirmed it", "My relatives told so" etc. Kinda defeats the whole point in having the title Think Tank.

I've realised @KS that people will believe anything that they want to hear. It explains why people like zaid hamid are so popular, because they may tell incredible lies, but these are comforting lies.

I was told by one such lady coupld of days ago that Mughal court documents were ''Indian books written by Indians for Indians'' just because it did not suit her religious fairytale.

As @Bang Galore said, a big rock and a head will NOT lead to a good result.

Ok Mr. Angry !

Who made Taliban ? Yr Army
Who force them to become TTP or Suicide Bomber or what ever **** it is ? Yr Army or Yr Policies

The Only Terrorist USA Came for here in Asia Was Al Qaida and not Taliban or Pukhtuns .. Understand ?

There were no Pushtun in Al Qaida .. Name me One ?

Be very Thankful to ISI and Pakistan army..If if wasn't for their Proxy war,today you would be called Mekhael Pushtoonof,and wearing a very large furry hat...

Be very Thankful to ISI and Pakistan army..If if wasn't for their Proxy war,today you would be called Mekhael Pushtoonof,and wearing a very large furry hat...

Technically its Pushtunov..but I lol'ed :lol:

That was the point.

I think what I am promoting with all this (rubbish-as some people call it) wannabe Pashtun stuff and severe criticism of Muhajirs even though since my family moved they call themselves that term (which I believe is a mistake) is promoting self-criticism among ethnic groups.

If FATIAN's will rise up to criticize some things and recognize some things as bad (such as Naswar-aimed at @Hyperion! :P good natured joking but a point to note) its their choice but we can't force people of FATA and be apathetic to what they have suffered.

You too have to recognize that they have suffered and been neglected for years, used and abandoned for purpose of seeing a Soviet defeat. And also note Pashtun intellectuals are already rising to assault the old ways which were practices imported from British/Afghan nationals anyway. Such as Naswar, crime and in extreme cases bacha bazi. All came from Afghanistan or Britishers. Recognizing the states ignorance is the first necessary step to resolving this issue.

I note this in my book. US pressure to go to the tribal areas spoiled it all as once FATA was most peaceful region in the world.

Don't be too harsh on us. I have seen how Pashtuns are mistreated by our families. I rebelled and called myself Pashtun-its only in past 1-2 years. I will learn the language and merge. They are beautiful people. My book is about FATIAN's, Maseeds mainly.

That you needed ad-hominems and some silly humor to try make a point shows that you had none and you were caught lying through your teeth. But considering you are a fiction writer who is primarily here to grab some eyeballs for your book I understand your plight.

But for the uninitiated here is the real truth, the ISPR version of the truth,

Punjab’s dominance in army being reduced: ISPR -DAWN - Top Stories; September 14, 2007

And this is the exact class composition as of 2007-

This table is taken directly from the Information Brief released by ISPR -

12-1_zps1690822e.jpg

Source :

Xeric's Primer: Information Brief by Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR)

Information Brief by Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) « Xeric's Primer

(Maintained by this forum member Xeric I guess)

Information Brief by Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR)

Havi you are just an emotionally fragile compulsive liar who hopes lying again and again and repeating the same would make naive people here think its the truth. Please dont try that with people who know where to get information. This is the internet age for allah sakes..dont try to insult the intelligence of others.

@Irfan Baloch - You too dont believe in the ISPR version, just to score a brownie point here ?

@WebMaster - Hi can you atleast restrain these "Junior TTs" from getting so unfactual in their posts and basically telling untruths without doing proper research and basically relying on "I've confirmed it", "My relatives told so" etc. Kinda defeats the whole point in having the title Think Tank.

There are no official figures about the ethnic background of officers or men, yet according to Stephen Cohen of the Brookings Institution and Prof Hasan Askari Rizvi, Pashtun representation in the army is between 15-22 percent among officers and between 20-25 percent among men.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan[/QUOTE]

Did you again forget this Mr troll hiding behind elite membership. No official figures means that ISPR has no data at all. It is qouting figures from 1947 for all we know. This was not the ethnic makeup in 2007. I know it. Hassan Askari and Steven P Cohen have entire institutes and have done full research in this regard. Just because you disagree stop imposing your rubbish. You have made 4 posts with the same information. It is getting annoying now.

Back
Top Bottom