What's new

31 Ex-French Jaguar jets to be given Free of Charge to India?

2030...bcos....present jaguars are getting new engines!

than these Jaguars will help to maintain the existing fleet .. I think IAF should not increase the Sq limit to 40ish, with Old Jaguars , AMCA and Rafale will be giving numbers as so far Tejas role is still shady, and as for Indian member here Tejas was rejected by NAVY ..

IAF has plans to keep dedicated Bomber Sq's ?
Don't think bombers fit into our threat matrix .
here I mean long distance bombers like B52 or Tu 95.
In our threat perception missiles are more suited for that role and medium distance (2500 kms ) range multi role fighter bombers are cost effective platform for the purpose of delivery of heavy ammunition load.

Don't think bombers fit into our threat matrix .
here I mean long distance bombers like B52 or Tu 95.
In our threat perception missiles are more suited for that role and medium distance (2500 kms ) range multi role fighter bombers are cost effective platform for the purpose of delivery of heavy ammunition load.

For Pakistan, you don't need Bombers .. but for China it will be a vital option, but if IAF has plans to continue their dedicated bombing fleet , so there must be some plans in their minds to replace .

For Pakistan, you don't need Bombers .. but for China it will be a vital option, but if IAF has plans to continue their dedicated bombing fleet , so there must be some plans in their minds to replace .
There are no plans to keep "Master of One" fast jets.
IAF wants all aircraft to be Multi Role capable.
All current upgrade programs are geared toward achieving that objective.
"UPG" gives the MiG29s very good A2G capability, the -5 Mk2 upgrade makes the Mirages significantly more capable and the DARIN III gives the Jaguar a massive leap in survivability.

This could be bigger deal with lots of money for modernization. I like the Jags though.

oh the bukshish

Yeah for Shamsi airbase. Till now India was a milking cow and now bakshish! hahaha

than these Jaguars will help to maintain the existing fleet .. I think IAF should not increase the Sq limit to 40ish, with Old Jaguars , AMCA and Rafale will be giving numbers as so far Tejas role is still shady, and as for Indian member here Tejas was rejected by NAVY ..
With Darin 3 upgrade...with new Honeywell engines...jaguar remains a potent aircraft in strike role. Regarding tejas you are wrong..IAF chief says that there is requirement for 200+ single engine fighters..even if buy half of them(16s)...rest will be tejas!
Indian navy funded tejas to help develop technologies for a carrier borne fighter...tejas was never meant to be on the deck....simply bcoz it doesn't have the range or payload capacity to fit into a carrier borne role!!

With Darin 3 upgrade...with new Honeywell engines...jaguar remains a potent aircraft in strike role. Regarding tejas you are wrong..IAF chief says that there is requirement for 200+ single engine fighters..even if buy half of them(16s)...rest will be tejas!
Indian navy funded tejas to help develop technologies for a carrier borne fighter...tejas was never meant to be on the deck....simply bcoz it doesn't have the range or payload capacity to fit into a carrier borne role!!

No contract for Honeywell engines have been signed yet.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom