What's new

300 Pakistani Foreign dreamers drown in Mediterranean ocean en route to Europe (so they can hear bad mouthing from khawaja asif)

Tragic as it was, what's up with this whole "dreamers" thing ?

I dream to own to Ferrari, shall I go try steal one from the rich guy down the block, then.. and cry later when the guard shot me ?

You think the government would do this,when they have saved thousands and thousands of lives at sea,all these years?

And especially two weeks before elections? That's why the leftist parties and NGOs are taking advantage of this now. They want to attack the government,because we have elections on Sunday.
Well the BBC is known to run agenda, and India has taken so many hits from left wing propoganda and NGO propoganda heavily till date, so I can't rule it out in Greece too.

Only the god knows what the truth is, in a world full of so many conflicting view points however.

Tragic as it was, what's up with this whole "dreamers" thing ?

I dream to own to Ferrari, shall I go try steal one from the rich guy down the block, then.. and cry later when the guard shot me ?

You are privileged. You might not feel privileged but you are.

How can I tell?

1. You have had a good education, I can't tell apart your English from someone who's spent their whole life speaking the language.
2. You have the time and money to spend every day talking crap with us guys, that means you probably have a comfortable life.
3. You probably live in an urban centre, as you have a regular internet connection.

People like us - we can't imagine the lives of those who don't have this.

Imagine living somewhere, where your economic opportunity is barely enough to have food and pay your bills, the opportunity to build your own home is a distant dream. If your lucky you might get your own room added to your family home, if you save enough money for years. You will borrow to get married, your kids will have the same limited education as you and the same poor economic opportunities.

Meanwhile in the same village someone borrowed money and got to Dubai, or got to Europe. That persons family has a car, has built a villa, that person comes to visit and spends money like it's nothing, their family have large weddings, they don't have debt, they've bought farmland, they semd their kids to private schools.

Taking that illegal boat trip to Europe becomes life changing - because it is, even if they spend a few years barely able to eat, eventually they'll be sending money back home, life changing money for an entire generation or two.

How can I tell?

1. You have had a good education, I can't tell apart your English from someone who's spent their whole life speaking the language.
2. You have the time and money to spend every day talking crap with us guys, that means you probably have a comfortable life.
3. You probably live in an urban centre, as you have a regular internet connection.

Imagine living somewhere, where your economic opportunity is barely enough to have food and pay your bills, the opportunity to build your own home is a distant dream. If your lucky you might get your own room added to your family home, if you save enough money for years. You will borrow to get married, your kids will have the same limited education as you and the same poor economic opportunities.

Meanwhile in the same village someone borrowed money and got to Dubai, or got to Europe. That persons family has a car, has built a villa, that person comes to visit and spends money like it's nothing, their family have large weddings, they don't have debt, they've bought farmland, they semd their kids to private schools.

Taking that illegal boat trip to Europe becomes life changing - because it is, even if they spend a few years barely able to eat, eventually they'll be sending money back home, life changing money for an entire generation or two.
I get it, it is a human tragedy, a horrible one. People from sub saharan Africa do this all the time.. ferry's full of illegals trying to get to greener pastures but capsizing midway is not a new thing. Many times they'll actually get rescued and taken back to Europe and get asylum even.

Things really that bad in Pakistan, but ? It is a bit unfair to just turn up somewhere, isn't it ? People going it the legal route have to wait years in line, I know people who have shifted bases to the west, it is quite the process..

It is all very sad, but then they signed up for it too, knowing full well the risks.. these profiteer smugglers are no better either.

I get it, it is a human tragedy, a horrible one. People from sub saharan Africa do this all the time.. ferry's full of illegals trying to get to greener pastures but capsizing midway is not a new thing. Many times they'll actually get rescued and taken back to Europe and get asylum even.

Things really that bad in Pakistan, but ? It is a bit unfair to just turn up somewhere, isn't it ? People going it the legal route have to wait years in line, I know people who have shifted bases to the west, it is quite the process..

It is all very sad, but then they signed up for it too, knowing full well the risks.. these profiteer smugglers are no better either.

For some people in Pakistan things really are that bad. Pakistan is a land of have and have nots. Those with wealth live like kings, even the upper middle class have a good quality of life.

Those in blue collar jobs or mazdoor - they struggle, but there are loads who live in rural Pakistan, who are not from land owning families - for them it's no different to subsaharan africa. Even if you have enough land to farm for yourselves, you can do okay, but those who don't, or those with large families and have to start splitting the land - they suffer.

For some people in Pakistan things really are that bad. Pakistan is a land of have and have nots. Those with wealth live like kings, even the upper middle class have a good quality of life.

Those in blue collar jobs or mazdoor - they struggle, but there are loads who live in rural Pakistan, who are not from land owning families - for them it's no different to subsaharan africa. Even if you have enough land to farm for yourselves, you can do okay, but those who don't, or those with large families and have to start splitting the land - they suffer.
Idhar bhi in a way ye hi halaalat hai, but the migrants generally make their way to bigger cities within India and then put up in slums etc, making things bad for the residents, law and order situation worsens.. and then they keep getting kicked around from place to place.

Bura bhi lagta hai, but then I don't want them squatting around my lane either.. "hatao saalon ko !" is the general sentiment of people.. Europe me bhi ye hi haal hai inka, people generally won't take kindly to that kind of thing. NIMBY !

27 of the young guys who died are from villages in the sub district of Khuiratta in AJK. There is nothing that passes for education in these parts, those who have family abroad can send them money and they can afford to move to Pakistani cities to study and live in hostels. The only economic opportunity in Khuiratta is goat herding, farming the few strips of land your family owns, maybe labouring somewhere, or driving for foreign families who visit Pakistan, have cars, but aren't comfortable driving in the chaotic traffic.

There is no private sector, the only commerce is the bare essentials, a few small hole in the wall grocery stores, the odd restaurant and clothes shops etc. They are all owned by the people that run them. These people leave out of pure desperation. Pakistan is a country where people with degrees in engineering, the STEM subjects etc are all sat around jobless - Bumpkin Bashir from the village has no chance of competing. People pay 100's of thousands of ruppees in bribes to get basic government jobs - knowing that at least it'll give them the opportunity to earn.
I understand the general sentiment of your response

Long live the Pakistani Army, congratulations for 70+ years of undoing Pakistan...

Last edited:

How can I tell?

Meanwhile in the same village someone borrowed money and got to Dubai, or got to Europe. That persons family has a car, has built a villa, that person comes to visit and spends money like it's nothing,their family have large weddings, they don't have debt, they've bought farmland, they semd their kids to private schools.

They're Kashmiri, I know plenty of people from villages and urban areas who go illegally for the sake of settling abroad out of pure laziness, not because they were forced out from unbearable economic conditions.

... but I'm sure they were many who were forced out in today's economic conditions

Back
Top Bottom