What's new

30 muslims clear civil service exams ----Emerged toppers

30 out of 900???? Muslims in India are in real mess....

True, since India is not a playground for the Global Powers and Islamic Factions, every sect is pumping money here to help Madrassahs propagate their version of the same faith, often by force, if need be. Pakistan was such a progressive country up till the 70s. Everyone was just muslim and just Pakistani, now everybody seems to belong to a different sect and a different ethnic stock.
Though I fear I am hijacking this thread an leading it off-topic. So, on-topic: So are there State-based Quotas for Seats in the ICS or are all the seats on open merit?
Yes for SC/ST -22 % and for OBC- 27%

Though I fear I am hijacking this thread an leading it off-topic. So, on-topic: So are there State-based Quotas for Seats in the ICS or are all the seats on open merit?

AFAIK, there are quotas on ever single Public Service Exam except for Armed forces exam may be.

@ Joe Bhai.....

The Law is like that.....

If you are general and dont have money its completely your fault ( ok I agree ) govt would not do any thing you got landed in wrong class...
If you are from reserved class and you dont have money its General class's fault (Historical) and make current generation(general class) pay for that with interest.
If you are from reserved and have money too YOU ARE SUPERSTAR in INDIA...

Ver cleverly put!
You certainly have a way with words!

It is increasingly clear that we need not do anything for reserved classes with money. Does Rishad Premji need your sympathy, or mine or reservations?

I am hopeful that we can see an end to reservations in the foreseeable future; in the constitution, originally, it was to have been for ten years! We were forced to continue due to bad, no, terrible implementation.

However, we probably need to protect those with no money for all time. And why not? The rich don't need protection Anyway.

In Kerala, evenafter nurturing our Muslim community (25% of Kerala population) since 1952 (The whole of Muslim Community is OBC in Kerala, no matter their income) they form only 12% of the Govt jobs in Kerala and this is a state which is highly literate and have HDI index at par with some developed countries. If I am not mistaken, this so called 'under representation' finds mention in Sanchar Committee report also. So tell me who is responsible for this 'backwardness'.

The Mullahs.

Tell me about it.

The Mullahs.

If Mullahs had so much influence and kept 25% of the population we would have never had a high HDI index.Personally also I don't see Mullahs having much influence in Kerala. My inference is simple, Muslims have less representation in Kerala in Govt jobs bcs there not much takers for it in the community itself. On the otherhand the private enterprises in Kerala are dominated by minorities especially Muslims, which is sadly ignored.

If Mullahs had so much influence and kept 25% of the population we would have never had a high HDI index.Personally also I don't see Mullahs having much influence in Kerala. My inference is simple, Muslims have less representation in Kerala in Govt jobs bcs there not much takers for it in the community itself. On the otherhand the private enterprises in Kerala are dominated by minorities especially Muslims, which is sadly ignored.

If it is voluntary abstention, well, good for them! But is it so everywhere? If you check in other places, people are thrilled to bits to be selected. Mullahs do have a powerful influence in these other states, unlike Kerala. Just look up the history of the Shah Bano case, to get one example of their mischief-making and their betrayal of their own community.

But what are we arguing about? I believe more Muslims - and Christians, and Sikhs, and Jains, and, yes, Buddhists too - would like to join the IAS, and we should make sure that they get a chance, a fair chance. What's wrong with that?

Wish all threads in pdf are like this one with no trolling and stuff.....congrats to all the respectable members who made that happen in this thread :pakistan:.

those who work hard, will get reward.

indian has no discrimination based on religion.

read sachar committee report, one out of ten muslim kid see the face of class tenth exam. imagine how many will reach graduarion

these 3O are indian, not muslim. they are selected coz of being hard working and talented.

So, on-topic: So are there State-based Quotas for Seats in the ICS or are all the seats on open merit?

There are no state based quotas in the Civil Services Exam. A very good thing.

Also the final merit is based on Total of marks obtained in 9 subjective [essay] type written papers - the one who is checking the paper has no idea of who solved it and different people checking different papers - and the Interview [breakup of total score 2000 + 300]. So there are no chances of any biases coming into picture into the final selection of candidate.

Just for your info, two years back, it was a Doctor from J&K who topped the exam.

Shena Aggarwal of Haryana's Yamunanagar town and Rukmani Riar of Punjab's Hoshiarpur town have bagged the top two ranks (No. 1 and 2 respectively), beating male candidates.

30 Muslims clear Civil Services exams 2012 - IAS TOPPERS STORY

Yamunanagar:woot::woot:
Thats my home town:thinktank:

Just off the topic:
Its a small city famous for paper and plywood industry. The only other time when my city makes into news is during monsoon, when the authoritites release water from hathinikund barrage and media goes crazy with predicting "in 4 hours there would be flood in DELHI".

The title of the Topic isn't my own but from the IAS web page itself.

You mean the blogspot page you put up. I'm sure the official IAS page (if there is such a thing) won't put a headline like this.

Congratulations to everyone once again...
Everyone have achieved by doing hardwork, and i hate to bring religion and politics into some prestige IAS, IPS or IFS services..
They are indians first, and we have got nothing to prove to anyone about our diversity

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom