What's new

30 Filipino police commandos killed in clash with rebels

There's something really fishy about this failed operation. There was no air support whatsoever. There was no plan B!!! This was a suicide mission! RIP. There is a video of the aftermath where you see the lifeless bodies of the policemen lying in the corn fields. I'm not so sure if I'm allowed to post it here.

RIP to the fallen ones and may the injured ones recover soon.

Thanks to people who have some decency to care and to hell for those imperialist jerks who just throw pot shots on this fallen men of honor

From what i've read, they're arresting a high profile guy and there was a miss communication
Pinoy should give the Muslims freedom instead of oppressing them! Invaders.

Please, do humanity a favor. Kill yourself

I am very sad and disturbed with this news. This is why we should not negotiate with terrorists let alone give them more power in the southern region. This peace agreement with the moros or should I say morons will someday backfire due to the traitorous nature of the other party and will lead to many more deaths. Wipe them out and cut off the aid being secretly given by outside countries to subjugate the region to Islamic rule. But before that, we need find out and hang the traitors who are getting our men killed.

I am very sad and disturbed with this news. This is why we should not negotiate with terrorists let alone give them more power in the southern region. This peace agreement with the moros or should I say morons will someday backfire due to the traitorous nature of the other party and will lead to many more deaths. Wipe them out and cut off the aid being secretly given by outside countries to subjugate the region to Islamic rule. But before that, we need find out and hang the traitors who are getting our men killed.

Start with Nur Misuari. I don't understand why Malacanang allows him to breath !

Pinoy should give the Muslims freedom instead of oppressing them! Invaders.

Free Tibet first and we might consider. :cheesy:

Start with Nur Misuari. I don't understand why Malacanang allows him to breath !

We are going to need MQ-9 Reaper or similar drones to it just to hunt them down.

-----

As for the news updates...

-----

PNP denies Purisima planned Mamasapano operation
ABS-CBNnews.com

Posted at 01/28/2015 3:21 PM

MANILA - Philippine National Police (PNP) deputy spokesperson Senior Supt. Roberto Po denied suspended chief Alan Purisima had a hand in the Mamasapano operations that ended in the death of more than 40 elite cops.

In a press conference, Po said the report is mere hearsay.

The Manila Standard Today reported that the operation against two bomb makers with connections to the al Qaeda network was assigned to Purisima.

Citing a police general as source, the newspaper said President Aquino assigned the sensitive mission to the suspended PNP chief.

“The President was aware of the Marwan covert operations. Purisima reported directly to him. In fact, the President went to Zamboanga prior to the troop’s jump off to Mamasapano in Maguindanao so that he would be in the vicinity when Malaysian terrorist Zulkipli bin Hir alias Marwan and Filipino Basit Usman, both bomb experts linked to the Jemaah Islamiya terror cell, are captured,” the official told Manila Standard Today.

Forty-four police commandos were killed and 12 others were wounded in a firefight with Moro rebels in Mamasapano, Maguindanao last Sunday.

Interior Secretary Manuel Roxas said the police were hunting two "high-value" militants but police commandos ran into a group of rebels who thought the police were mounting an attack.

"This was a misencounter," Roxas told a news conference in Cotabato City in the south of the country.

Mohagher Iqbal, head of the rebel peace panel, said the police failed to coordinate their operations with the ceasefire committee.

"They entered our area and attacked us, what are we going to do?" he asked. "What happened was self-defense."

Meanwhile, officials of the PNPA Alumni Association said they may file a case against those who planned the operation.

The group’s chairman, Supt. Tomas Rentoy, said they may also call on members to file a mass leave for five days to condemn the incident – With reports from Jeck Batallones, ABS-CBN News, and Reuters

-----
PNP denies Purisima planned Mamasapano operation | ABS-CBN News
-----

Ex-generals say MILF can't control its forces
by Ira Pedrasa, ABS-CBNnews.com

Posted at 01/28/2015 2:38 PM | Updated as of 01/28/2015 2:39 PM

MANILA - The Association of General and Flag Officers (AGFO) called for an independent probe into the Mamasapano bloodbath, even as it scored the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) for failing to control its forces.

In a statement, the group led by Chairman and President retired Army LTGen. Edilberto Adan said the killing of more than 40 elite cops in Maguindanao “cannot be justified even under the current protocols of the peace process between the Government and the MILF.”

The group said the tragedy “underscores deeply the need to examine closely the security implications of any final agreement with any armed rebel group like the MILF.”

AGFO pointed out that Moro rebels also participated in the Al Barka ambush in 2011 that left several Army Scout rangers dead as well as other skirmishes.

AGFO said the MILF can’t or has limited control over its soldiers, as can be gleaned from the presence of rogue commanders.

“When the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) under Commander Kato broke away from its ranks, the MILF leadership failed to take disciplinary action against it. Now their forces are living together in the same area. The MILF leadership must prove that it exercises authority and discipline over its commanders. Since the objective is peace, the Government should be talking with the entity that has control of elements who can wage war,” Adan said.

AGFO is comprised of 800 members, mostly retired and active duty generals and flag-ranked officers from the AFP, the PNP, Philippine Coast Guard, Bureau of Jail Management and the Bureau of Fire Protection.

The AGFO earlier asked an ad hoc committee at the House of Representatives to include in the Bangsamoro law the disarmament and demobilization of MILF forces.

It opposed the creation of a security force that can’t be controlled by the AFP and PNP.

AGFO is calling for the observance of a one-week national mourning.

Adan said flags should be flown at half mast throughout the country for one week, "to show the abhorrence of the nation and show support to the rule of law and the nation's men in uniform. The Government should demand the return of all firearms stolen from the dead policemen and for the MILF leadership to surrender the perpetrators within their ranks."

-----
Ex-generals say MILF can't control its forces | ABS-CBN News
------

PNoy admits knowing about Mamasapano operation
By ANDREO CALONZO, GMA NewsJanuary 28, 2015 6:38pm

PNoy admits knowing about Mamasapano operation | News | GMA News Online

I'm really disappointed with Pnoy right now. I"ve just watched his televised speech. Pnoy should resign and vacate Malacanang at once.

Wait, you are only now disappointed at ABNoy? I am already disappointed at him ever since 2010!

His mother herself said that ABNoy is not ready to become a president.

So what if the top brass knows/ authorize the said operation does it matter? You receive info on the location of a terror suspect and the right thing do to is arrest this guy. The only problem I have the speech an hour ago is the lack of accountability on the part of the MILF, parang ang sabi nya for the sake of peace wala kayong kasalanan sa nangyari.

Opposition and the Binays must be courting Fidel right now to stage a coup and thats whats im afraid of.

PNoy admits knowing about Mamasapano operation
By ANDREO CALONZO, GMA NewsJanuary 28, 2015 6:38pm

PNoy admits knowing about Mamasapano operation | News | GMA News Online

I'm really disappointed with Pnoy right now. I"ve just watched his televised speech. Pnoy should resign and vacate Malacanang at once.

Ooh come on.....Pnoy is only trying to resolve Philippine acute insurgency problem peacefully.....glitch like this are often happen on most of peace talk, where some of parties from both sides trying to derail the process

Are you expecting all out war?cleansed the Mindanao from their Moslem local inhabitant?sooner or later you would realize that peace is the only civilize way to resolve the problem
I can asure you, peace in Mindanao would benefitted the Philippine as a nation

Rest in Peace for Dead ...
I hope now Philippine Police force will take counter measures and steps to kill all those terrorist ..

ADDRESS TO THE NATION | Full transcript of Aquino statement on Mamasapano mission
By: President Benigno Aquino III, Republic of the Philippines
January 28, 2015 7:31 PM

ADDRESS TO THE NATION | Full transcript of Aquino statement on Mamasapano mission

Not once did Pnoy condemned the massacre in his speech. He did not blame the BIFF/MILF, he put the blame on our own SAF. No mention whatsoever of bringing the MILF / BIFF to justice .He wants peace at all cost.

An angry nation demands justice!
SHOOTING STRAIGHT By Bobit S. Avila (The Philippine Star) | Updated January 29, 2015 - 12:00am

I’m appalled at the feeble response of President Aquino on the dastardly massacre by the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) of 44 Special Action Force (SAF) officers in Tikanalipao in Mamasapano town, Maguindanao in a firefight that lasted for almost 12 hours. What gets my gall was the statement of Mohagher Iqbal, chairman of the peace negotiating panel of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) who said that the SAF Elite Force fired first and they only fired back in self-defense.

Worse, many Aquino allies are saying that that incident was a “misencounter.” In my book, a misencounter is when someone starts firing… then minutes later someone from either side would stop firing. But this incident was no misencounter! It was a 12-hour massacre, where the MILF had the advantage of knowledge of the terrain and used that advantage to the hilt. Now we have the second Massacre of Maguindanao!

This reminds me of the Presidential campaign in the Year 2010 when former Defense Secretary Gilbert “Gibo” Teodoro Jr. was seeking the Presidency. Most of the young Filipinos questioned him, “Why was it that as Defense Secretary you could not disarm those armed groups roaming the hinterlands of Mindanao?” Well, nearly five years into his term, it is time for us Filipinos to ask P-Noy “Why is it that under his watch the armed groups are still roaming many parts of this country?”

Now the armed services of the Philippines, especially the Philippine National Police (PNP) have experienced the biggest loss of soldiers in a single encounter! I saw the video and the footages of the dead soldiers. You will notice that the bodies were desecrated by the MILF terrorists. One dead soldier even had his pants dropped down to his knees. Pray tell me what the Commander-in-Chief of the AFP has to say about this incident?

Government of the Philippines (GRP) chief negotiator Teresita Deles is asking Filipinos to be calm and sober, while Supreme Court Chief Justice Lourdes Sereno said that “any talk of war should not be taken lightly.” We’re not talking of war here, but if that is what the MILF is looking for, I dare say that it is time to take the fight into their turf because whether you like it or not, the MILF believes in the rule of the gun, not the rule of law!

I dare say to the Malacañang sycophants to check the social media and they will see that Netizens are extremely angry that this has happened to the SAF. Mind you, I have written columns that this peace accord signed by the GRP and the MILF was doomed from the start because they did not include the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) to sit down in the negotiating table. Worse, the Aquino regime accepted Malaysia as a power broker, which in my book was totally wrong because of the Philippine claim to Sabah, which until now has yet to be resolved.

Another person who’s been silent about this dastardly deed is Human Rights Commission (CHR) Chair Etta Rosales. This incident happened last Sunday, yet we have to hear a peep from the CHR… more so that the bodies of the dead soldiers were desecrated and personal belongings stolen. What say you CHR? Surely you will not say what everybody says about CHR… that soldiers do not have human rights???

Before I wrote this article, I was tuned in to my car radio on DySS’s Super Lloyd Suarez “Saksi Evening Edition” and he mentioned the countless text messages sent by his listeners who are angry at President Aquino for not getting mad at the MILF for killing those soldiers! Just reading what the Netizens are expressing in Twitter or Facebook or what the radio listeners are texting their radio commentators, you can say that a great majority of the Filipino people are angry that 44 soldiers had to die because the Aquino regime signed that peace deal with the MILF who now has turned their backs on that peace deal.

A lot of these angry people are happy that the Senate has stopped plans to discuss the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) as nobody wants to reward the MILF for killing our soldiers. With this information we’re sharing with our readers the Aquino regime is now put on notice that those dead soldiers must be given justice. Surely that’s not asking too much?

What has happened in Maguindanao is proof that the reality in the Philippines today is that, we really have a country where certain parts of the territory of the Philippines, our law enforcers just cannot enter without the “permission” of the armed groups that control these areas…whether they are Communists, NPA rebels or Muslim separatists. If P-Noy wants to salvage anything for his Presidency, he still has time to rid our nation of all the armed groups roaming freely with high-powered guns in many places in our Republic. If he doesn’t, then he has lost his right to lead the Filipino people.

An angry nation demands justice! | Opinion, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

Back
Top Bottom