What's new

$30.6M Chinese Lottery winner dons mascot costume to hide jackpot from family

Well, that's the point, they wouldn't say how much you win in the article, just your name and address and the fact that you win the jackpot. I mean, it can be more than one ticket that win the jackpot you know, it would be sucks if you have like 1 of the 10 ticket that win the jackpot and got kidnapped or killed that way...

The best thing to do is to not buy any lottery tickets. If you lose, you are pointlessly wasting money, if you win, you might get harassed or kidnapped.

I would have just have the lotto people deposit the money in my account and skip the entire promotional process altogether......

But then think of what they used to do? They put you in a newspaper headline and then publish your name and address.....
The lotto company also need this great opportunity to do marketing. The winner need to attend the ceremony to get his prizes.

The lotto company also need this great opportunity to do marketing. The winner need to attend the ceremony to get his prizes.
well, I don't know what do you mean by "Need" The Lotto company need me to promote them, that does not mean I "Need" to attend.

On the other hand, 30 mil is NOT a big number, unless the lotto company have trouble to pay out the money, you don't need anyone to pick up the giant cheque on that 30 mil win. We just had a 160 million draw (Around 700 million RMB) like 2 weeks ago, NSW Lotto does not seems to too care about the "Big Cheque" moment.

well, I don't know what do you mean by "Need" The Lotto company need me to promote them, that does not mean I "Need" to attend.

On the other hand, 30 mil is NOT a big number, unless the lotto company have trouble to pay out the money, you don't need anyone to pick up the giant cheque on that 30 mil win. We just had a 160 million draw (Around 700 million RMB) like 2 weeks ago, NSW Lotto does not seems to too care about the "Big Cheque" moment.
In China, u don't attend. You don't get the cheque. Which do you choose?

How much of tax in that? I am sure he would pay a big amount to taxes.

Remember, your friends and family members are your biggest threats when you win the lotto. These relationships get toxic real fast.

Back
Top Bottom