What's new

3 Sikh terror suspects held: KL

Yeti

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
KUALA LUMPUR: Three Sikh separatists from the terror organisation Babbar Khalsa International, who were hiding here, were detained by Malaysian police after several months of surveillance.

The three Indian nationals -- Amarjit Singh Jasvir Singh, Daljit Singh Ajaib Singh Khalsa and Kawal Singh Soundh -- were said to be high on the Indian police's wanted list for alleged terrorist activities in Punjab.

They were arrested earlier this month at various locations in the city and deported to India on Tuesday. On Wednesday, they were charged at a Punjab court and have been remanded while awaiting trial.

Federal Special Task Force (Operations and Counter Terrorism) chief Datuk Mohamad Fuzi Harun said the three were operating various businesses after blending into the Sikh community here.

Amarjit, 30, a software engineer from Nangal Ropar, owned a restaurant in Brickfields. Checks revealed he had bought the restaurant more than a year ago.

Daljit, 36, from Mumbai, was a manager at a subsidiary of a local telecommunication company. He owned a traditional Sikh music school in Sentul and was nabbed in his house, also in the same district.

Kawal, 39, from Punjab, was a network programmer. He was arrested at his home in Ampang. For more than a year, he operated a house renovation business here.

Fuzi said they made it to the Indian police's wanted list in 2009. After learning about their whereabouts, police nabbed them on Aug 4.

"They were allegedly involved in terror activities in India but here, their main task was to provide financial and logistic help to their comrades who used Malaysia as a transit point," said Fuzi, adding that the three also provided fake identities for their countrymen.

Fuzi said the three did not plan any terrorist activities here.

He said the task force learnt the three were hiding here following allegations in the media by Punjab police last year that Malaysia was being used as a base by the BKI.

The allegations were made after Punjab police arrested three senior BKI operatives who had just returned from Malaysia last year.

Punjab police learnt that the three -- Bakhshish Singh, Pargat Singh and Jagmohan Singh -- had been in Malaysia for a month. While here, they had sought the assistance of Amarjit, Daljit and Kawal.

BKI is a Sikh armed organisation based in India formed in 1978. It played a prominent role in the Punjab insurgency.

3 Sikh terror suspects held: KL

Why do some sikhs outside India do this?Really sad..i think they should come to India and see how Sikhs in India are living.Will probably change their thinking.

so they will transfer to india . i think these guys should never make example for others as issue is dead now let it dead .

It did not die itself.

It died because we WE THE PEOPLE, KILLED IT.

Things do not happen, you have to make them happen.

Why do some sikhs outside India do this?Really sad..i think they should come to India and see how Sikhs in India are living.Will probably change their thinking.

What are they doing?? report clearly mentioned they were doing regular white colar jobs..The reason for which they detained is still not clear.

To second part..WHAT????????????? how sikhs in india are living..Does this punjabi munda knows that in 2010 alcohol consumption in punjab was 35 crore bottles (highest per capita in country) a 23% increase from 2009 (thank god, because in 2009 it was 30% increase from 2008)
1/3 of Malwa belt has now poisnous water , due to which there is wheel chair (Due to cancer)in almost every home in every village of district of Sangrur, Fazilka and Malout.

Do you know why they Say SIKHI is everywhere leaving Punjab?
Do you know how vast the Drug problem in rural Punjab is and how severely it has effected Punjabi gene's, As my grandfather said like 80's he doesn't see much 6 feet tall guys(Which was like Avg height of punjabi's in those days) ?

Don't call me am in US , i lived there 26 years of my life and just came here 5 months ago.
Reality is MUCH bigger than what you from one dimensional eye sitting in Punjab could see

Feel free for sources of above statements i made..

My clear message to punjabi's or sikh's in broad sense, if you guys want to save your future in religion, culture or at least of kids...MOVE OUT OF PUNJAB. Best to US or Canada or uk

Ghost of 84.........will always haunt Indian government............

Lol.........what else can be expected after state sponsered killing of 3000 sikhs in Delhi alone...........harayana is still digging dead bodies of sikhs.

Good job India..............this is how the you returned the favour of lives of sikhs sacrified for ur freedom.

Punjab is going in gutter ......no jobs .......no future of kids here........drugs running everywhere

Ghost of 84.........will always haunt Indian government............

Lol.........what else can be expected after state sponsered killing of 3000 sikhs in Delhi alone...........harayana is still digging dead bodies of sikhs.

Good job India..............this is how the you returned the favour of lives of sikhs sacrified for ur freedom.

Punjab is going in gutter ......no jobs .......no future of kids here........drugs running everywhere

again some one talk truth like me .

Sikh & terror suspects? when how where ? never knew this are these the group that want their own land? :what:

I stay near-by all those 3 places mentioned in the article. There's a vibrant Indian community in those areas, especially Brickfields, you would never suspect it's being used as a terror hub.

On topic, any sort of terrorist involvement by anyone in Malaysia should be detained. The police did a good job.

The scars of 84 will heal as time passes.

Ramayan nikal gayi aur poochte hain ke Ram kaun tha...

I am just asking who are these people are i don't know about them? if you can tell then great otherwise iam not up for silly comments santa.

I am just asking who are these people are i don't know about it them? if you can tell then great iam not up for silly comments santa.

Once upon a time in India...

some Sikh groups, aided and abetted by you-know-who, initiated an insurgency against the Indian state demanding a seperate state, namely Khalistan.

The insurgency was brutally crushed by another Indian Sikh police officer, KPS Gill, who later went on to become the president of the Indian hockey federation...

...the insurgency was crushed. Some elements linger here and there...

Once upon a time in India...

Ramayan nikal gayi aur poochte hain ke Ram kaun tha...

ramayan nikal gai itni jaldi jab tak hum ne dekha tha tab tak to ravan seeta ko lanka main utha le gya tha bus ahhahahhahah jai ho hanuman ki jis ke help se wapas ayee to agni pariksha deni pary gee tum jesy admiyoon ne us ke c reactor per shak kiya hai na ahhahahahahahahhaha

The insurgency was brutally crushed by another Indian Sikh police officer, KPS Gill, who later went on to become the president of the Indian hockey federation...

wtf??
this a joke?-

Back
Top Bottom