What's new

3 Rafale over Delhi

Reaction score
Country
India
About 10 mins ago i saw 3 fighters..double engine with canards..seemed to be Rafale take of from Delhi airport one after the another and was followed by a Spicejet flight after a few mins.

Does anybody have a idea what might be the purpose of their visit?

Last edited:
About 10 mins ago i saw 3 fighters..single engine with canards..seemed to be Rafale take of from Delhi airport one after the another and was followed by a Spicejet flight after a few mins.

Rafale is double engine plane, may be Gripen.........

Single engine?

May be LCA,
Rafale is double engine plane, may be Gripen.........

TYPO gyys..sorry...double engine

it really seemed like Rafale..Although i was telling myself that it can be LCA...wasnt a Sukhoi or a Mirage or a mig for sure.

1st 2 took off in formation almost...3rd one came after a gap of 20 seconds.

I was at an altitude of 3000ft(guess) when i saw it.

And this is Delhi internation airport i am talking abt where u never see fighters.

Last edited:
Pure Imagination : May be who knows probably here to Give India a live exp at ISIS targets

A stopover at UAE and then to action against those ISIS scums

it really seemed like Rafale..Although i was telling myself that it can be LCA...wasnt a Sukhoi or a Mirage or a mig for sure.

You said single engine Rafale like plane then Grippen is with euro canards
Mirage 2000K didn't have canards and nobody make mistake in recognizing Su 30MKI as Rafale.

You said single engine Rafale like plane then Grippen is with euro canards
Mirage 2000K didn't have canards and nobody make mistake in recognizing Su 30MKI as Rafale.

I made a typo..i meant dual engine with canard.

Thatswhy i said it was not any other IAF plane coz only Sukhoi has it and it wasnt a sukhoi.

May b tejas mark3!!! Hehe
must be typoon., may b they want us reconsider or may be rafael with aesa radar(must be)

And this is Delhi internation airport i am talking abt where u never see fighters.

I dont think there are any kind of fighters deployed on IGI. IGI is totally civilian.

May b tejas mark3!!! Hehe
must be typoon., may b they want us reconsider or may be rafael with aesa radar(must be)

The canards is what stands out in the memory kf thise 3 fighters.

I dont think there are any kind of fighters deployed on IGI. IGI is totally civilian.

Exactly....i havent seen any fighters there and thatswhy i created a new thread.Although C17,C130,IL76,antanov,dornier and Avro are quite common...bit i have never seen a fighter.

Last edited:
And this is Delhi internation airport i am talking abt where u never see fighters
Hindon AFB celebrates air force day on 8th October. Maybe a rehearsal for that?

(Although that doesn't answer what aircraft it is. Maybe Rafales have been invited to participate in the celebrations?)

Hindon AFB celebrates air force day on 8th October. Maybe a rehearsal for that?

(Although that doesn't answer what aircraft it is. Maybe Rafales have been invited to participate in the celebrations?)

Ya..lets see..time will tell.

I dont know if it took off from IGI or not but the initial path and climb was definitely alinged with the IGI runway.

And it has to be in touch with Delhi Tower as a Spicejet 737 followed soon after.

About 10 mins ago i saw 3 fighters..double engine with canards..seemed to be Rafale take of from Delhi airport one after the another and was followed by a Spicejet flight after a few mins.

I made a typo..i meant dual engine with canard.

Thatswhy i said it was not any other IAF plane coz only Sukhoi has it and it wasnt a sukhoi.

o_O
What are you saying? :(

You saw an airplane with canards, twin engines, you were thinking it can be a ................. LCA?? :unsure:

Have LCA grown canards now? twin engines? :wacko:

Confused,

Exactly....i havent seen any fighters there and thatswhy i created a new thread.Although C17,C130,IL76,antanov,dornier and Avro are quite common...bit i have never seen a fighter.

For fighter squadron deployment, which is mainly for protection for delhi, AF use Hindon AFB, even they dont use Safdarjung Airport for Fighter squadron.

And mainly, IAF is restricted to fly below a prescribed height over Delhi, these rules are avoided in special cases, but in normal days, every AF pilot have to follow it.

And even a military plane cant enter in a civilian prescribed airspace, after the Charkhi Dadri Mid-Air collision, a civilian plane cant enter in military zone, and military plane cant in civilian zone.

typoon n rafeal both have canards.... Its must be rafeal with aesa radar...

8th oct is airforce day!!! May b rafeal is also participating!!
Im also waiting for guardians of the skies full vers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom