What's new

3 Pakistani universities ranked among top 600

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
3 Pakistani universities ranked among top 600

ISLAMABAD: An international education supplement has ranked three Pakistani public universities among the top 600 universities of the world, said a press release issued by the Higher Education Commission (HEC). The release said that the Higher Education Times Supplement of the United Kingdom placed the National University of Science and Technology at 470th place, the University of Karachi at 560th, and the Quaid-e-Azam University at 564th. The ranking of Pakistani public universities among the top universities of the world was proof of the efforts of the HEC to raise the standards of higher education, the release added.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Only three.....? :undecided:

And the NUST is 470th in that ranking.......:what:

I got my Graduation Degree from NUST ....... I must say it is better than that.

Still i feel that its an eye opener for the people in Education System as to what is the Educational Standard of Pakistan in the eyes of Western Civilization... Our graduates are no less than any from all over the world yet our Universities are ranked 500th...

Well it's only Public uni's that they have counted for which is not so bad considering our record for public institutions.

Lums is considered to be in the top 10 of Asia, so is SZABIST.

Lums really is a world class uni. It's a little shy of the fame shared by the ivy league unis but it maintains the same standards.

But from all the Unis mentioned above except NUST - FAST, IBA, GIK, Lums, SZABIST, deserve higher rankings.

Nust is pretty good but their campus surely needs a makeover. And they need to end the politics of civilian vs military students. Lol in Nust the military students use the term 'civilian' as a derogatory term :P. I half applied for it once I went to the campus in Rawalpindi, checked it out, it really didn't feel like an international standard place of study. Oh well, I'm just a civilian :P

Well it's only Public uni's that they have counted for which is not so bad considering our record for public institutions.

Lums is considered to be in the top 10 of Asia, so is SZABIST.

Lums really is a world class uni. It's a little shy of the fame shared by the ivy league unis but it maintains the same standards.

But from all the Unis mentioned above except NUST - FAST, IBA, GIK, Lums, SZABIST, deserve higher rankings.

Nust is pretty good but their campus surely needs a makeover. And they need to end the politics of civilian vs military students. Lol in Nust the military students use the term 'civilian' as a derogatory term :P. I half applied for it once I went to the campus in Rawalpindi, checked it out, it really didn't feel like an international standard place of study. Oh well, I'm just a civilian :P

Cool ..........

But i might add that PNS Jauhar is by far the best NUST institution.

GIK standards are down to ground and i have seen SZabist and rest, but I agree Lums has Good Standards...

I think there is no point to degrade our universities. If they are recognised at some forum we must be proud of them. NUST is going to have their campuses in Islamabad in near future. I have seen this university at its begnining and recently I visited its one of the campus in Rawalpindi , I was pleasently surprised to see it present standard.

I'm simply disappointed about the number....only 3 universities in top 600! We should have atleast 30! :angry:

first these rankings are subjective and the original article provides no link no comprehensive list.
second to expect much better from pakistan will be foolish. since normally developed countries get better universities and many of them too, poorly funded unis got almost no chance. there's room for improvement though.

btw i didn't mean to degread pakistan in anyway i think bangladesh isn't doing too well either.

I think it's good achievement I wish there were more but 3 is better than none esp since pakistan is a developing country and is a baby compared to other countries who have had far longer to build unis and develop their education system .How come LUMS is not there ? i thought it was world class and has many foreign studenst coming there despite paks reputation.

Its ironical why they rank the universities since all the Major so called Top class Universities are filled with people from India and Pakistan (normally for Higher Education)..

I suspect these rankings are for Higher Education than Graduation.. Since for Masters and Ph.D etc our country donot provide good Infrustructure especially in Technical Fields..... Management Studies are better than technical on Higher levels.

thats good buddies....previously we have no university in 1st 5000s. so thats show improvement.

Not to throw up a comparison here, just for informative purposes, does the report state the number for Indian univs?

Back
Top Bottom