What's new

3 MoUs signed for investment of $6.3bn signed

Fair enough. Thanks for the links. Its a much better picture with a timeline. This is just the CPI. Not sure if we need to consider other indexes as well.

pakistan-inflation-cpi.png

india-inflation-cpi.png
This is exactly what I was mentioning. CPI in ultimately consequence of a symptom called Inflation. If you see the end consumer in Pakistan is facing a 2 digit figure or over procing compared to 7% of India as latest.

What this shows is even after being a huge country of 1.2 bn where 80% people dont pay taxes being below international poverty line. Still the industry and economic fundamental tend to control Inflation.

Pakistan is theoritically in good condition if it simply improves its industry. Otherwise things dont see positive. Again my question arise, Did any voter of Pakistan asked PML-N some basic questions of roadmap to decrease inflation and improve industrial growth? What did common man in Pakistan see before voting PML-N. How did they deem PML-N better than any other party around?

This is exactly what I was mentioning. CPI in ultimately consequence of a symptom called Inflation. If you see the end consumer in Pakistan is facing a 2 digit figure or over procing compared to 7% of India as latest.

What this shows is even after being a huge country of 1.2 bn where 80% people dont pay taxes being below international poverty line. Still the industry and economic fundamental tend to control Inflation.

Pakistan is theoritically in good condition if it simply improves its industry. Otherwise things dont see positive. Again my question arise, Did any voter of Pakistan asked PML-N some basic questions of roadmap to decrease inflation and improve industrial growth? What did common man in Pakistan see before voting PML-N. How did they deem PML-N better than any other party around?

But you were suggesting it at 25% and future looked like 50%. Plus look at both the charts. Look at the dives and ups. It suggests global hand in both our economies. That is because we buy everything and produce very little. The main cause could be oil imports.

Official IMF figures released yesterday states the inflation as 7.10%

not 25%.

In 2012 the India and Pakistan inflation difference was hardly 0.5% but the growth rate difference was 1.1%

Yesterday reported.Even imf officially reported it but could not find the news right now

Fahad M Ali of JS Global Securities said that one of the encouraging news was that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected Pakistan’s inflation to be at 7.09% in the fiscal year 2014.

Market watch: Index picks up on IMF’s projection – The Express Tribune

These are IMF figures neither govt nor any other agency.

Last edited:
The thing is they are making and paying for Metro in Bangladesh as well. BD has lower forex,etc than Pakistan.

Thus my question - why are they not committing properly to Pakistan. JICA tries to help everybody!

i think it depends on the management and how serious they are about the project

i don't think that government of sindh even wants a circular rail project in karachi, they don't want to develop the city

the major push for the KCR is by the governor of sindh who doesn't have much authority over the government

This is bogus news. Just like Cathy oil company, back in 2007. Will the media wake up and check these companies. I googled this company ETON japan. I did not find anything. This is just a photo op. to fool the people. A company investing billions of $ and yet has not info available. Check it yourself.

This is bogus news. Just like Cathy oil company, back in 2007. Will the media wake up and check these companies. I googled this company ETON japan. I did not find anything. This is just a photo op. to fool the people. A company investing billions of $ and yet has not info available. Check it yourself.

Cathy oil signed MOU in Musharraf era. What happened to those MOUs. I checked, Cathy oil is a two man operation located in Toronto. Our politicians continue to fool us. Everyone knows about big Japanese companies like Hitachi, toshiba, Mitsubishi. Never heard of ETON.

Yes guys, wake up. ETON company does not even exist. I have some Japanese friend's and they explained even the name Mr. Shageston Kono is not a Japanese name.

Here we all are discussing the pros & cons of metro vs BRT and the politicians are fooling us around. How gullible are we!! :'-(

They are faking companies, persons. They even got some hired guy to pose for the MOu signing ceremony. I mean this is crazy!

All over the world things get done because the politicians of that country (no matter how corrupt) have some sense of responsibility to deliver SOMETHING! otherwise they would be out of politics. But here! OMG! the politicians have PhDs. in the DON'T DO ANYTHING subject.

Well from earlier reports the Pakistan Circular Railway project was thought to be 1.5 Billion from cost prespective ....

Where did this extra 6 billion number came from ?

1101625115-2_zps7a38b2aa.gif

Arre haan. I am not disputing bout where the collected tax go. I am only questioning Pakistan's strategy to collect tax from maximum people. I mean, its on quote that only 2,3 % people pay their taxes. I am asking how will this number increase.
Trust me, without increase in revenue from Incometax, no SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT is possible. Which means sock up for 50% inflation if development do turn up.

Only 2-3% people pay taxes, is just a lie. A big lie. Here you pay tax on everything, FED, W.H TAX, ST,GST, road taxes, so many taxes. I can challenge bring me only one guy who don't pay taxes (Other than AK, Swat & FATA who are exempted.) Even if we say 2-3% people pay income taxes. Question is how many people work in Pakistan? 49% are the women population in Pakistan and most of them don't work at all.. And how many earn for more than 7 lacs a month which requires to pay income tax. Around 2.5 trillion rupees are collected as tax. (Some exceptional is there).

Question is not income, but managing spending. If corruption is removed or reduced, the Pakistan can go into positive direction, so people income will also increase. If Pakistan's income grows so would be the tax collection. Not only that, if people see their tax is going into right direction, it will automatically push people to pay taxes.

Only 2-3% people pay taxes, is just a lie. A big lie. Here you pay tax on everything, FED, W.H TAX, ST,GST, road taxes, so many taxes. I can challenge bring me only one guy who don't pay taxes (Other than AK, Swat & FATA who are exempted.) Even if we say 2-3% people pay income taxes. Question is how many people work in Pakistan? 49% are the women population in Pakistan and most of them don't work at all.. And how many earn for more than 7 lacs a month which requires to pay income tax. Around 2.5 trillion rupees are collected as tax. (Some exceptional is there).

Question is not income, but managing spending. If corruption is removed or reduced, the Pakistan can go into positive direction, so people income will also increase. If Pakistan's income grows so would be the tax collection. Not only that, if people see their tax is going into right direction, it will automatically push people to pay taxes.
Relax. I am talking bout Income Tax. Rest all taxes together will be peanuts compared to IT. Start collecting IT and you cud even bypass tax on fundamental requirements of people.

And there are many reports that your MPs too dont pay taxes whereas they earn sizable compared to common man of Pakistan. If all politicians start paying their dues and not misusing facilities for power, even 3ice tax cud be earned by govt.

Relax. I am talking bout Income Tax. Rest all taxes together will be peanuts compared to IT. Start collecting IT and you cud even bypass tax on fundamental requirements of people.

And there are many reports that your MPs too dont pay taxes whereas they earn sizable compared to common man of Pakistan. If all politicians start paying their dues and not misusing facilities for power, even 3ice tax cud be earned by govt.

MPs are not even 0.01% of the total population, can you share the stats how many Pakistanis earn more then 700k? I don't object on collecting tax big fishes, like industry, landlords, politicians, etc but saying 97% of Pakistani don't pay taxes is ridiculous. These big fishes will never even reach upto half a percent of total population (around 7000 who earn more than remaining people of the Pakistan).

MPs are not even 0.01% of the total population, can you share the stats how many Pakistanis earn more then 700k? I don't object on collecting tax big fishes, like industry, landlords, politicians, etc but saying 97% of Pakistani don't pay taxes is ridiculous. These big fishes will never even reach upto half a percent of total population (around 7000 who earn more than remaining people of the Pakistan).
Whome shud I trust? You an internet warrior whome nobody knows or your Finance Minister?
(Watch after 2.35 sec) and then talk to me again. :)

Whome shud I trust? You an internet warrior whome nobody knows or your Finance Minister?
(Watch after 2.35 sec) and then talk to me again. :)
Than what is the point of even discussing, you go and trust only what has been said by someone.. Most of us (PDF) are xyz.

adios..

Than what is the point of even discussing, you go and trust only what has been said by someone.. Most of us (PDF) are xyz.

adios..
Discussion is on basis of rational facts. If your discussion is with exclusion of facts like that in the video then you shud refrain from discussing.

Discussion is on basis of rational facts. If your discussion is with exclusion of facts like that in the video then you shud refrain from discussing.

Fact is a Fact, not saying of someone.. Fact is much more than some numbers. but a reality.

Back
Top Bottom