What's new

3 future missions of the Chinese military

conworldus

Reaction score
1. Afghanistan: In the long run, China must participate in the stabilizing of Afghanistan. The U.S will not fight there forever and if they do decide to withdraw, China must help Pakistan regain influence over the country. Democracy or not, China will play a critical role in helping Afghanistan establish a strong government that will not give haven to terrorism. Most likely we will send military and political advisers.

2. Somali: I see China participate in an international coalition, possibly under the U.N doctrine, to help solve the Somali problem. China's navy and marines will do the peace keeping, while the special forces will execute small but critical missions.

3. The Pacific: I do not believe there will ever be a war in the Taiwan straight. Most likely is that both sides will maintain the status quo for a very long time. However, the Chinese navy and air force must achieve absolute superiority over the Taiwan military to prevent any risky political move on the island, while the missile force will keep the U.S intervention to the minimal. The ideal case is that Taiwan accepts to be a special administrative region, in which case it will retain the political structure as well as a degree of military independence.

1) Afghanistan is a very complex situation and i feel India and China should really look into more involvment as these extremist pose danger to the entire continent.

2) Your correct about somalia. As china has done great for UN in Africa.

3) Dream on my friend....Republic of China (Taiwan) will never join PRC unless there is a total change of Govt and policy in mainland.

Another mission for China is to control Kim Jong Il's movements.

Here is an article from newsweek-

How China Could Quietly Play A Key Role In Afghanistan

Is Beijing, which is famously allergic to intervention, about to get involved in Afghanistan? It sounds crazy, yet there are intriguing signs. British Prime Minister Gordon Brown recently floated the notion at a talk at the Council on Foreign Relations, calling it a "possibility for the future."

Chinese Foreign Ministry official Qin Gang quickly rebuffed the notion last week, saying that except for United Nations' peacekeeping operations, "China never sends troops abroad," and that "media reports about China sending troops to participate in Afghanistan are groundless."

Yet the idea of greater Chinese involvement is not as outlandish as it might seem. To be sure, Beijing would balk at sending soldiers to a mission under Western command, like the NATO-run Afghan force. But the People's Liberation Army has become increasingly active in U.N. peacekeeping efforts in recent years. Beijing has deployed 10,000 troops—mainly from engineering units—to U.N. missions in Sudan and other war-torn parts of Africa, as well as to Cambodia and Haiti. If the U.N. Security Council, on which China has a permanent seat, decided to send peacekeepers to Afghanistan, "China would take it into serious consideration," said foreign-policy analyst Gao Heng from the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. "China would do it if the task were perfectly justifiable—but would not take part under NATO."

Strategically, there are good reasons why China might want to play a role in Afghanistan, with which it shares a small, mountainous frontier. Beijing is battling its own Islamic extremists in the area, and it's extremely concerned about escalating violence in Pakistan, a close ally. Back in the 1980s, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan prodded nervous Chinese authorities to join up with American, Pakistani and Saudi intelligence agencies to launch an ambitious covert operation to train, fund and arm anti-Soviet Afghan freedom fighters, or mujahedin. In a classic strange-bedfellows arrangement, Chinese authorities provided light weapons and other assistance to joint anti-Russian efforts based in the Afghan-Pakistani border area.

Of course, now, as then, Beijing wouldn't want to be seen publicly as meddling in Kabul's internal affairs. But Chinese covert ops or peacekeeping troops under the United Nations can't be ruled out, given Beijing's growing jitters over the instability on its Central Asian flank.

Could China Play a Role in Afghanistan? | Newsweek World | Newsweek.com

"the Chinese navy and air force must achieve absolute superiority over the Taiwan military to prevent any risky political move on the island"

Please explain this to me? From what i understand you are saying china must have superiority over taiwans military to stop Taiwan doing or saying anything political about china? lol

"the Chinese navy and air force must achieve absolute superiority over the Taiwan military to prevent any risky political move on the island"

Please explain this to me? From what i understand you are saying china must have superiority over taiwans military to stop Taiwan doing or saying anything political about china? lol

The Taiwan Democratic Progression Party has independence in its party doctrine. They may attempt to revise the Republic China's constitution to declare independence (which of course can only happen if they control absolute majority in the parliament).

By maintaining military superiority over Taiwan, the mainland China can prevent such move.

The Taiwan Democratic Progression Party has independence in its party doctrine. They may attempt to revise the Republic China's constitution to declare independence (which of course can only happen if they control absolute majority in the parliament).

By maintaining military superiority over Taiwan, the mainland China can prevent such move.

The DPP in taiwan in evaporating except a few enclaves in southern Taiwan. Most Taiwanese are willing to give China a chance now, as China is now a growing country.

1) Afghanistan is a very complex situation and i feel India and China should really look into more involvment as these extremist pose danger to the entire continent.

2) Your correct about somalia. As china has done great for UN in Africa.

3) Dream on my friend....Republic of China (Taiwan) will never join PRC unless there is a total change of Govt and policy in mainland.

Another mission for China is to control Kim Jong Il's movements.

Here is an article from newsweek-

How China Could Quietly Play A Key Role In Afghanistan

Is Beijing, which is famously allergic to intervention, about to get involved in Afghanistan? It sounds crazy, yet there are intriguing signs. British Prime Minister Gordon Brown recently floated the notion at a talk at the Council on Foreign Relations, calling it a "possibility for the future."

Chinese Foreign Ministry official Qin Gang quickly rebuffed the notion last week, saying that except for United Nations' peacekeeping operations, "China never sends troops abroad," and that "media reports about China sending troops to participate in Afghanistan are groundless."

Yet the idea of greater Chinese involvement is not as outlandish as it might seem. To be sure, Beijing would balk at sending soldiers to a mission under Western command, like the NATO-run Afghan force. But the People's Liberation Army has become increasingly active in U.N. peacekeeping efforts in recent years. Beijing has deployed 10,000 troops—mainly from engineering units—to U.N. missions in Sudan and other war-torn parts of Africa, as well as to Cambodia and Haiti. If the U.N. Security Council, on which China has a permanent seat, decided to send peacekeepers to Afghanistan, "China would take it into serious consideration," said foreign-policy analyst Gao Heng from the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. "China would do it if the task were perfectly justifiable—but would not take part under NATO."

Strategically, there are good reasons why China might want to play a role in Afghanistan, with which it shares a small, mountainous frontier. Beijing is battling its own Islamic extremists in the area, and it's extremely concerned about escalating violence in Pakistan, a close ally. Back in the 1980s, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan prodded nervous Chinese authorities to join up with American, Pakistani and Saudi intelligence agencies to launch an ambitious covert operation to train, fund and arm anti-Soviet Afghan freedom fighters, or mujahedin. In a classic strange-bedfellows arrangement, Chinese authorities provided light weapons and other assistance to joint anti-Russian efforts based in the Afghan-Pakistani border area.

Of course, now, as then, Beijing wouldn't want to be seen publicly as meddling in Kabul's internal affairs. But Chinese covert ops or peacekeeping troops under the United Nations can't be ruled out, given Beijing's growing jitters over the instability on its Central Asian flank.

Could China Play a Role in Afghanistan? | Newsweek World | Newsweek.com

Where the India comes from...... Mark ma words, As America will move from Afghanista. Indians will be forced by the local people to move back. :sniper:

I think India will not get any chance in Afghan. Neither they will permitted, neither they will get any success in Afghan.

I think India will not get any chance in Afghan. Neither they will permitted, neither they will get any success in Afghan.

Buddy NATO wanted Indian troops in Afgan..Its our Govt who dont want to send the troops and also there is significant Indian presence in Afganistan and we are helping them in rebuilding that nation..and you can guess from the pissed off statements by the Pakistani Government that its a huge sucess :agree:

Buddy you are behind news. India is already involved in Afghanistan for years. There is direct investment of $1.5 billion from Indian firms towards reconstruction.

Afghanistan is pormising fella....Everyone wants the slice of the cake. Competition is high and India has to push harder to get more involved.

Buddy NATO wanted Indian troops in Afgan..Its our Govt who dont want to send the troops and also there is significant Indian presence in Afganistan and we are helping them in rebuilding that nation..and you can guess from the pissed off statements by the Pakistani Government that its a huge sucess :agree:

I told about any activity against Talibans or any activity by Indian armies, not ur helping and rebuilding activity.

I told about any activity against Talibans or any activity by Indian armies not ur helping and rebuilding activity.

Military activity does not come for free. Countries do it for an motive and that is to bag huge contracts for business and jobs.

If India is succeding in doing it without military involvement i say :tup:UP. I think India is cautious. They cannot directly get involved as it would hurt the sentiments of our neighbouring brother.

If China will get involved in Afghanistan then India will have no chance in Afghanistan. I think China will soon get into Afghanistan because US seems to be on retreat and unstable Afghanistan is dangerous for China as well.

Read news regularly:

2003, September 12:
India 'won't send troops' to Iraq - CNN
A top Indian official says New Delhi will not be sending peacekeeping troops to Iraq, despite repeated requests from the United States.

2009, January 14:
Indian Army presence in Afghanistan can ’squeeze’ Pakistan: Chief - Sindhtoday
India has time and again ruled out sending troops to Afghanistan to be part of the US-led war on terror but has been providing developmental and medical aid

2009, October 29
India will not send troops to Afghanistan: Antony - The Hindu
“I am categorically saying that there is no question of Indian military involvement in Afghanistan…not now, not in the future…” Defence Minister A.K. Antony said at a news conference after inaugurating a three-day Coast Guard Commanders conference here.

The Minister was responding to a question whether India envisaged any role since the recent Yudh Abhyas (war exercise) between Indian and the U.S armies at Babina using tanks and para-troopers. It was aimed at counter-terrorism in a situation like Afghanistan.

To a question whether the U. S. Army would like Indian troops helping it in Afghanistan, a U.S Commander said the American troops would be comfortable to operate jointly with India anywhere, anytime.

1. Afghanistan: In the long run, China must participate in the stabilizing of Afghanistan. The U.S will not fight there forever and if they do decide to withdraw, China must help Pakistan regain influence over the country. Democracy or not, China will play a critical role in helping Afghanistan establish a strong government that will not give haven to terrorism. Most likely we will send military and political advisers.

Sending troops to Afghanistan will not be a wise move for China. US & NATO already suffer heavily there. If China joins WOT, there will be only a HUGE loss for her emerging economy.

2. Somali: I see China participate in an international coalition, possibly under the U.N doctrine, to help solve the Somali problem. China's navy and marines will do the peace keeping, while the special forces will execute small but critical missions.

I think China already plays great role in combating Somali pirates

US praises China anti-piracy role off Somalia - Fox News

3. The Pacific: I do not believe there will ever be a war in the Taiwan straight. Most likely is that both sides will maintain the status quo for a very long time. However, the Chinese navy and air force must achieve absolute superiority over the Taiwan military to prevent any risky political move on the island, while the missile force will keep the U.S intervention to the minimal. The ideal case is that Taiwan accepts to be a special administrative region, in which case it will retain the political structure as well as a degree of military independence.

No comments! :cheers:

Where the India comes from...... Mark ma words, As America will move from Afghanista. Indians will be forced by the local people to move back. :sniper:

There are no Indian Troops in Afghanistan. Why would the people of Afghanistan want India doing reconstruction out of the country?

Tell me what makes you so sure ?:pop:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom