What's new

25th Anniversary of Tiananmen Square

short comings are in every but best system so far is democracy only. If politicians are corrupt it doesn't mean that the system is wrong. In your system, corrupt people are also there? They also get punished.. like in other systems..

working model and it shows?? it shows to who?
Democracy is a failure. The gov.t ends up being controlled by foreign lobbyists and wealthy corporations with vested interests and the common man no longer has a say in big gov.t decisions.

I stopped replying to that Pakistani-Indian (Pindian) MM Haider. I've already stated my points and refuted his other points. His counter argument is to switch topic.

I am often thankful that it is now 2014. A decade ago we wouldn't be able to refute these arguments with simple facts and the whole thing would have degenerated into a baseless talk. Nowadays we can just use real world fact as refutation.

Democracy is a failure. The gov.t ends up being controlled by foreign lobbyists and wealthy corporations with vested interests and the common man no longer has a say in big gov.t decisions.

I don't think it is so much that democracy is a failure rather than the idea that "a general election will fix everything" is a failure. Like I said in the my very first post in this topic, if it up to the country to figure out a way that is best for themselves instead of blindly listening to the wish of others.

And yet a couple of the posters here who decry democracy and America's view of it....live in the good ole' USA! :lol:

That's chutzpah! If those who do really hate it so much, then please do the rest of us patriotic Americans a favour and get out. Please leave. Go to the dictatorship of your choice and try and be happy and successful there.

It is the hight of ungratefulness and bad manners to come to another's house and then bad mouth them.

They came to the U.S. not for democracy, but for better life. Nobody is denying that the U.S. is more developed than China, well since U.S. has been enjoying peaceful development since its civil war when China has been in chaos ever since the Opium War.

If they came to the U.S. for democracy, they would go to Haiti, since I am sure the U.S. has much stricter immigration policies than Haiti. To be honest, I came to the U.S. as a student about 15 years ago when 1 dollar still worth 8 Yuan. I had no idea about democracy. I just thought "mistakenly" that the U.S. is a land of free money, lol.

Of course, I condemn military crackdown on civilian protesters. I believe those communist leaders had no experience how to deal with civil disobedience. Those communist leaders made me laugh when they themselves incited citizens to topple the nationalist government. To conclude, never trust anybody that tells you what to do.

Well I should have ignored your post since your post reeks of stench of "patriotic Americans." I probably pay more tax than you do, and who is more qualified as "patriotic American?" You because you were born here, because your great great parents came to the U.S. earlier than I did, or because you are white? I am confused. If badmouthing disqualifies someone as "unpatriotic,:" well, you should start with congressmen and women.

They came to the U.S. not for democracy, but for better life. Nobody is denying that the U.S. is more developed than China, well since U.S. has been enjoying peaceful development since its civil war when China has been in chaos ever since the Opium War.

If they came to the U.S. for democracy, they would go to Haiti, since I am sure the U.S. has much stricter immigration policies than Haiti. To be honest, I came to the U.S. as a student about 15 years ago when 1 dollar still worth 8 Yuan. I had no idea about democracy. I just thought "mistakenly" that the U.S. is a land of free money, lol.

Of course, I condemn military crackdown on civilian protesters. I believe those communist leaders had no experience how to deal with civil disobedience. Those communist leaders made me laugh when they themselves incited citizens to topple the nationalist government. To conclude, never trust anybody that tells you what to do.

Well I should have ignored your post since your post reeks of stench of "patriotic Americans." I probably pay more tax than you do, and who is more qualified as "patriotic American?" You because you were born here, because your great great parents came to the U.S. earlier than I did, or because you are white? I am confused. If badmouthing disqualifies someone as "unpatriotic,:" well, you should start with congressmen and women.
Are you an American citizen? If yes, then "bad mouth" away. Your American citizenship gives you that right. If you are not, (And those were the ONLY people I was referring to in my earlier post.), then please leave the neighbours house you are a guest in but see fit to denigrate while benefiting from that better life there. And as for your statement of "They came to the U.S. not for democracy, but for better life." Umm, what exactly do you think is integral to that "better life" in America? Do you really think it is just some coincidence that the countries that are experiencing high immigration, the countries that people flee to seeking a better life, are almost always democracies? Of course not.

I hope China in the next step can prove herself that could reach GDP per capita of the developed country's standard. It will be very amazing if China could do it.

GDP is nothing, let using GNP.
High GDP not mean High income.

Back
Top Bottom